Help with Ipod shuffle

Nattie01Nattie01 Posts: 1,656
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I got my son an IPod shuffle for Christmas. I have plugged it into the computer but the icon doesn't appear on the left had side of screen in I-Tunes. Nor did any boxes appear on the screen to set it up/configure it. Its as if the computer or I-Tunes doesn't recognise its existance.

There isn't a problem with my daugher's existing Ipod shuffle. Sorry this doesn't sound very technical but does anybody have any ideas?

Comments

• LeehamLeeham Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had the same issue when I bought one years ago, it would show as charging on the iPod but wouldn't appear in iTunes. Had to RMA/replace it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know a friend had a problem with hers a while ago; she eventually figured out that she was using the 'charging only' lead and not the one that actually allows it to connect to the computer. (Quite why they are (or at least, were) supplied with two totally beats me...)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nattie01 wrote: »
    I got my son an IPod shuffle for Christmas. I have plugged it into the computer but the icon doesn't appear on the left had side of screen in I-Tunes. Nor did any boxes appear on the screen to set it up/configure it. Its as if the computer or I-Tunes doesn't recognise its existance.

There isn't a problem with my daugher's existing Ipod shuffle. Sorry this doesn't sound very technical but does anybody have any ideas?

Does your USB port have dust in it?

This happened to me before