EE - Amy recast in the pipeline?

JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
Forum Member
Just wondering, with Amy being MIA for some time, the fact that the character is approaching the age of 5 soon, the departure of Jack and the return of her auntie Ronnie - have TPTB decided this might be a good time to bring in a speaking, functioning Amy played by a slightly older child a la Denny? His character is only supposed to be 6 (clearly the young actor is older) so was 5 when he arrived and has had plenty of dialogue. And she could start to interact meaningfully with the Mitchell clan.

The current Amy's had a good stint - back in the day, it felt like Steven, Lucy and Peter Beale were recast every other year! Am I right in thinking the current Amy is played by twins? She/they are very cute, but have never appeared comfortable being filmed.

Hope they hang onto the current Tommy for as long as possible though - he's beyond cute!

Comments

• Menime123Menime123 Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should - Tiffany Butcher was only 5 when The Jacksons came back and whilst the character doesn't do much, she's so much more than a background character. Tonight Roxie called Amy a little Diva, so it would be great to see Roxie coping with a little (yet harmless) madam!
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would they recast such an iconic character? It would be like recasting Shenice. Unthinkable.
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Yeah didn't Roxy say that Amy's now 'a right little diva'... one hell of a quiet diva! I always forget that she's actually not a baby or even a toddler anymore. Agree about Tommy, now there's an adorable kid who is just a little star.
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep she should be recasted, EastEnders is a popular soap, not to be ruined by 5 year olds who can't talk!

I agree keep Tommy!

Btw, did Masood go back to Pakistan to give Kamil back? or is he still here?
  • Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jayma wrote: »
    Just wondering, with Amy being MIA for some time, the fact that the character is approaching the age of 5 soon, the departure of Jack and the return of her auntie Ronnie - have TPTB decided this might be a good time to bring in a speaking, functioning Amy played by a slightly older child a la Denny? His character is only supposed to be 6 (clearly the young actor is older) so was 5 when he arrived and has had plenty of dialogue. And she could start to interact meaningfully with the Mitchell clan.

The current Amy's had a good stint - back in the day, it felt like Steven, Lucy and Peter Beale were recast every other year! Am I right in thinking the current Amy is played by twins? She/they are very cute, but have never appeared comfortable being filmed.

Hope they hang onto the current Tommy for as long as possible though - he's beyond cute!

BIB - Not anymore and not for a while. She was played by Kamil and Natalia Lipka-Kozanka for around two years and then in 2010 replaced with the current actress Amelie Conway.

I think we will be seeing a recast soon, It has too be expected sooner or later - she is a cute little thing though! >.<
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does she even go to school?
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Does she even go to school?

Good question, :)

She should have started this year? at age 4 and a half!

Roxy said she was in Playgroup! :confused:
  • loopilouloopilou Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she was born late 2008 which makes her 3 almost 4 ?? so she will start school next year x
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    loopilou wrote: »
    she was born late 2008 which makes her 3 almost 4 ?? so she will start school next year x

No, that makes her 4 going on 5. :)
    BIB - Not anymore and not for a while. She was played by Kamil and Natalia Lipka-Kozanka for around two years and then in 2010 replaced with the current actress Amelie Conway.

I think we will be seeing a recast soon, It has too be expected sooner or later - she is a cute little thing though! >.<

Thanks for that. :) One of the babies who plays Scarlett is also called Amelie.
    benbenalen wrote: »
    Good question, :)

She should have started this year? at age 4 and a half!

Roxy said she was in Playgroup! :confused:

I think Roxy said she was on a playdate. :)
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cannot believe this is even being suggested, whilst I do fear a recast is in the pipeline I can't believe anyone actually wants one, Amy is by far the best soap kid in soapland...she's cute, doesn't speak and is more interesting than some of the adults, whenever she is in a scene its Amy I am looking at not the adults.
  • KenkennedykenneKenkennedykenne Posts: 3,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she dosen't speak and hasn't started school cause she's "special"
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    dazza89 wrote: »
    I cannot believe this is even being suggested, whilst I do fear a recast is in the pipeline I can't believe anyone actually wants one, Amy is by far the best soap kid in soapland...she's cute, doesn't speak and is more interesting than some of the adults, whenever she is in a scene its Amy I am looking at not the adults.

Yes she is cute, but I suppose it depends on what they want Amy to do. She's ideal for a background child - stays silent, immobile and looks adorable. But if they're aiming to bring the Mitchells to the fore again with Ronnie's return, Amy's getting to an age where she can start to meaningfully interact with the adults, and the current Amy wouldn't cope with that.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zoe Slater..
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loopilou wrote: »

Um no, my little boy was born mid October 2008 and is 4, nearly 5. And never shuts up, unlike Amy lol:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think there's definitely an Amy recast on the way, going by this page: http://toptalentactors.co.uk/profile.php?ID=306

It lists her credits as 'EastEnders 2010 - 2013' :eek:
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EEFanatic wrote: »
    I think there's definitely an Amy recast on the way, going by this page: http://toptalentactors.co.uk/profile.php?ID=306

It lists her credits as 'EastEnders 2010 - 2013' :eek:

awww, she's precious.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe it would be for the best. Amelie is a beautiful little girl but Mitchell women are not quiet and placid.
  • loopilouloopilou Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    Um no, my little boy was born mid October 2008 and is 4, nearly 5. And never shuts up, unlike Amy lol:D

maths was never my strong point :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    I think this would be a good idea. I swear, sometimes I forget Amy even exists. Roxy hasn't been the best mum in the world, has she?
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a recast would be for the best all round. The little girl playing her is very cute but has never looked comfortable in front of the cameras.

I also agree about Tommy. He's so natural and seems completely unfazed by everything going on around him. Plus, he actually interacts with Kat and Alfie, unlike Amy, who acts like she's never even met Jack and Roxy before in her life.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I hope they do recast her. She was a cute child but it's very distracting when she's silent in all her scenes. Tommy is a gem, I loved his 'mummy Kat' last night.
  • duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    I hope they do recast her. She was a cute child but it's very distracting when she's silent in all her scenes. Tommy is a gem, I loved his 'mummy Kat' last night.

And his leaning in for another kiss .! He is brilliant I love Tommy .He is going to land them in ti one day and say something inapropriate /.
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really think Amy should be re cast the little girl who plays her just doesnt speak and that cant be normal
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,373
    Forum Member
    dazza89 wrote: »

She's hypnotic :D

That scene in the gym with Michael is one of my favourites, them staring at each other without speaking, then Amy got up and walked towards him and I swear Michael flinched! There was a real air of "what's she going to do" about it, then she offered him a crisp lol

She would make a great "Godfather".
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only time I can remember Amy doing anything is standing at the window and smiling cutely at Jack once. We all went Ahhhhh.