Options

Smartcall - NOT!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
Forum Member
Smartcall won't let me register. I rang up and it's a problem their end. Current estimated fix time...7 days! And I was wanting to use it when I go abroad tomorrow. Virgin can just p*ss you off sometimes :mad:

Comments

• Options
    Bandspread199Bandspread199 Posts: 4,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, they could've arranged a technical fault when it didn't affect you. Thoughtless of them!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, they could've arranged a technical fault when it didn't affect you. Thoughtless of them!:rolleyes:

Or they could have tested it properly first. It only started up 2 days ago but people have been having trouble since it started. Thanks for your helpful input
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,705
    Forum Member
    Right. So you think they launched it without any testing? :eek: Seriously? :rolleyes:

I would have been surprised if there had not been any problems.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Right. So you think they launched it without any testing? :eek: Seriously? :rolleyes:

I would have been surprised if there had not been any problems.

Tested it "properly" was what I said. Clearly it has failed almost straight away after launch. I DO think that products should work straight away. Is it too much to ask for?
  • Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hardpack wrote: »
    Tested it "properly" was what I said. Clearly it has failed almost straight away after launch. I DO think that products should work straight away. Is it too much to ask for?

It's been in testing since August. All sorts of problems can occur which they can't test for, like for example, a lot of people trying to activate the service in one go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can't help it if I don't have low expectations now can I? They've been on about starting this for months, they've sent a flyer about it in a mailing this week and now it doesn't work within a day or two of launch. And they say it will take up to 7 days to fix it. It doesn't seem very professional to me. I'd be embarrassed if it was me in charge of it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    I`m with hardpack on this one. If it was Netflix that failed, you would have the usual crew bumping their gums.
    The argument about, `too many registering` Does`nt wash with me. Very amateurish.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hardpack wrote: »

Clearly nothing.

I signed up and have used it without incident.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Geoff_Mack wrote: »
    Clearly nothing.

I signed up and have used it without incident.

me too not a issue at ALL!
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,705
    Forum Member
    So that's another theory shot down. Any more for any more? :D
  • Options
    lionelmortonlionelmorton Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same old fanboys speaking up for Virgin regardless of the fact that a 7 day wait for repair of a service that only started a few days ago is clearly rubbish even if some people were lucky enough to have no issues.
    Apologists for crap service are almost as annoying

As for the excuse of a lot of people registering at the same time !!
    On a newly available service ? Well what were they thinking ?
    Shame on customers for expecting a new service to actually work for everyone
  • Options
    sps1013sps1013 Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to be another "it worked for me" but it did!!

I did have problems last night but tried again tonight. Requested a new code and voila it worked.
  • Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same old fanboys speaking up for Virgin regardless of the fact that a 7 day wait for repair of a service that only started a few days ago is clearly rubbish even if some people were lucky enough to have no issues.

Things happen, and yes it can annoy us, but the issue is apparently this guy can't register, well everyone else has managed too so it's clearly a different issue.

Also regarding "too many people", yes they will of expected it, but they can't do tests for it as where are they going to find that many people?
  • Options
    JustinThePubJustinThePub Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sps1013 wrote: »
    Sorry to be another "it worked for me" but it did!!

And me :). I used it twice yesterday (only got free weekend calls) and it worked flawlessly.
  • Options
    naveennaveen Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've downloaded it in the last 15 minutes and it is working fine with my Iphone. Guess the OP just got unlucky
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member

7 days i have had 24 hrs and 48hrs in the last 9 years lol