Options

Imogen vs Susie

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
Forum Member
Who was better?

Both very similar IMO. I expect Imogen to go the Susie route, marrying a rich man and living a good life.

In the house I prefered Susie.

Comments

• Options
    pinky2006pinky2006 Posts: 10,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Imogen she was funny towards the end and she is a nice girl :)
  • Options
    MRS LAWSONMRS LAWSON Posts: 16,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought they were both pleasant.
  • Options
    spotyspoty Posts: 11,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps Suzie is just Imogen 20 years on, seems about right.

I think Imogen suited the house more, perhaps because youth made her a bit more tolorent.
  • Options
    HeyBabyHeyBaby Posts: 5,318
    Forum Member
    Here is for Suuuuziiiieee, she is so loooooveeelllyyy!

Sorry...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,712
    Forum Member
    Aww, they were both lovely.

And it is so true that Suzie is Imogen in 20 years!

"Beautiful Suuuuuziiiiie, she's so loooooovelllllyyy, her hair is flufffyyyyyy"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeh I always said Imogen should take a close look at suzy because thats exactly what she'll be like in 20yrs time

In a way I think suzy was a bit more entertaining as she was quietly eccentric whereas Imogen was very normal
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    I think Susie is Ash but 20 years older, IMO.
    I liked both Susie and Imogen, but Susie's persona was a little contrived considering her past. Imogen seemed more natural to me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By the end I think I slightly preferred Imogen. Susie was just a bit too inflexible and a tad judgemental. Not enough to dislike her, mind you. I'm just saying her lesser qualities turned me off a bit more than Imogen's.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always liked Imogen , I don't think she was boring. I think she was just given that label, but in fact she was very normal, sweet, funny girl. Good Luck to her
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they were very similar in the sense that they were both quite relaxed, sedate and rather 'prim and proper' as it were, conservative almost (Yes, I do know Susie used be a stripper. Perhaps she had an Aisleyne style epiphany! ;) ).

I think that Susie tended to rub people the wrong way because she was older and more opinionated and self-assured; she also came across as pretty parental. She did seem to have a bit of a habit of chastising the 'children' whenever they did something a bit naughty. That didn't really go down well with the likes of Glyn and Jennie for example.

Imogen had an advantage over Susie because she was younger, had been in the house from the start and was more willing to go with the flow. We didn't really see Imogen expressing her own opinions about things with any kind of conviction until much later on when friendships had already been well-established. It seemed to me that once she got to know people better and was comfortable both with them and the situation she was much happier about expressing her views even if they did not coincide with those of the person she was talking to. Earlier on her personality had been buried beneath the force of characters like Sezer, Grace and Lisa and once they all left, one by one, she became more confident.

I do think that Imogen is very likely to be similar to Susie in time. Susie is just a more confident, self-assured and mature version of herself I think and that is why they got along so well once they actually spent some time together, because they have many core values in common.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    susie because she had a westie called dougie! and i want a westie called dougie :(
  • Options
    lil_miss_blondelil_miss_blonde Posts: 9,090
    Forum Member
    Imogen :D didnt like susie at all
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imogen - Imogen - Imogen !!

I love her, Gooooooo Imogen !! :)
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    pipwood89 wrote:
    Imogen - Imogen - Imogen !!

I love her, Gooooooo Imogen !! :)

Aww! Pipwood - still lovin' Imo eh? You are like a pintsize Bluntbob! :cool: :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RPH wrote:
    Who was better?

Both very similar IMO. I expect Imogen to go the Susie route, marrying a rich man and living a good life.

In the house I prefered Susie.

How the hell can you compare Snoozie to Imogen... Suzie is the most boring person ive ever encounterd on the tele!
  • Options
    GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Susie was a dried up hag, who sucked all the life out of the house and showed as much emotion and charisma as a kipper, having bought her way in after quite rightly being rejected via the normal channels. Just about the most tedious lifeless being I’ve ever set eyes on. And I won’t even get started on that grotesque chest.

Imogen on the other hand was a breath of fresh air in a house full of false personalities and boobs. In the end she was the only one that made it worth watching for me…

The short answer is Imogen, not that I consider it to be any contest. Imogen was the rose whilst Susie was the manure….
  • Options
    annwannw Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No contest Imogen.
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Imogen

I cant stand that Susie
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,259
    Forum Member
    Dunno, I really liked Imogen in the end, but I really disliked her when Grace et all were around to influence her.

Susie however, I always thought was quite funny. As mayflower said, she was quietly eccentric and of course, her disgust at some of the other housemate's bad habits was amusing too!

She was also a nice person, she comforted other HMs a lot and would always join in on the fun (Unless it's Spin the Bottle!). She was even very ladylike and kept her cool with HorseFace.

A very respectable lady!
  • Options
    steg1988steg1988 Posts: 8,689
    Forum Member
    Has to be Imogen. She made me laugh more than Susie.
  • Options
    redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gneiss wrote:
    Susie was a dried up hag, who sucked all the life out of the house and showed as much emotion and charisma as a kipper, having bought her way in after quite rightly being rejected via the normal channels. Just about the most tedious lifeless being I’ve ever set eyes on. And I won’t even get started on that grotesque chest.

Imogen on the other hand was a breath of fresh air in a house full of false personalities and boobs. In the end she was the only one that made it worth watching for me…

The short answer is Imogen, not that I consider it to be any contest. Imogen was the rose whilst Susie was the manure….
    Harsh but very true :):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Gneiss wrote:

Nasty and unfair post.

You could hardly say Imogen was the life and soul of the house.

Bitchy and constantly bored.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its really differcult to remember what either of them did , other then , make tea (susie) or bitched (imogen). I thought Imogen exit interview was better then expected
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Bookends wrote:
    I think they were very similar in the sense that they were both quite relaxed, sedate and rather 'prim and proper' as it were, conservative almost (Yes, I do know Susie used be a stripper. Perhaps she had an Aisleyne style epiphany! ;) ).

I think that Susie tended to rub people the wrong way because she was older and more opinionated and self-assured; she also came across as pretty parental. She did seem to have a bit of a habit of chastising the 'children' whenever they did something a bit naughty. That didn't really go down well with the likes of Glyn and Jennie for example.

Imogen had an advantage over Susie because she was younger, had been in the house from the start and was more willing to go with the flow. We didn't really see Imogen expressing her own opinions about things with any kind of conviction until much later on when friendships had already been well-established. It seemed to me that once she got to know people better and was comfortable both with them and the situation she was much happier about expressing her views even if they did not coincide with those of the person she was talking to. Earlier on her personality had been buried beneath the force of characters like Sezer, Grace and Lisa and once they all left, one by one, she became more confident.

I do think that Imogen is very likely to be similar to Susie in time. Susie is just a more confident, self-assured and mature version of herself I think and that is why they got along so well once they actually spent some time together, because they have many core values in common.

I didn't see the similarity. Imogen has her 'girly girl' quirks but is still very down to earth and grounded. They're both very rational women but that's were the similarity ends. Imo doesn't see herself as above anyone else, she has a tolerant nature. She has a working class, Independent minded, head down and get on with it kind of attitude.
    I got the impression that Susie did see herself as a cut above the others. She's tolerant too but in a 'I'll put up with you if I have to' sort of way. She'd let the peasants have their fun bless them.
    Both nice but Imogen's more 'knock about' girl next door.
    And as Imo herself has said she could never be a kept women. she makes her own money and does what she wants and doesn't want to answer to anbody!
    Unlike Susie, who's rich 'Hubby' is her life support!
    2 very different animals.
  • Options
    murkredimurkredi Posts: 2,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bluntbob wrote:
    I didn't see the similarity. Imogen has her 'girly girl' quirks but is still very down to earth and grounded. They're both very rational women but that's were the similarity ends. Imo doesn't see herself as above anyone else, she has a tolerant nature. She has a working class, Independent minded, head down and get on with it kind of attitude.
    I got the impression that Susie did see herself as a cut above the others. She's tolerant too but in a 'I'll put up with you if I have to' sort of way. She'd let the peasants have their fun bless them.
    Both nice but Imogen's more 'knock about' girl next door.
    And as Imo herself has said "I could never be a kept women. I make may own money and do what I want! I don't want to answer to anbody!"
    Unlike Susie, who's rich 'Hubby' is her life support!

I disagree. As an older person, I'd say Susie's attitude was more bemused tolerance towards some youthful bad behaviour.

As she once said about Glyn's vomfest, "I don't have friends who behave like that." And to be honest, neither do I ... NOW. Sure, I've had my wild past, puking drunkenly into ATMs and mooning out of Transits, but I grew up, and consider that sort of behaviour rather puerile now.

Her "attitude" was contemptuous of their juvenile behaviour, not that she felt "above" them.

Sadly, you won't understand this until you hit 40 yourself.