Options

Miss! Miss! Cher hasn't taken her medication....

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
Forum Member
Cher Lloyd: 'I’m going to use this as my platform and I’m going to make sure I’m the biggest Goddamn thing to ever come out of the X Factor. And that’s not being cocky; it’s just being very, very *committed to what I do.'

The only commitment I can see for this nasty brat is the involuntary kind, under Section 2. What an embarrassment for her parents. She hs zero real talent, NO longevity (which is why she's out) and no experience of an industry which will eat her up, rape her, use her and spit her out like a thousand others. She could do worse that get a real job, (not saying that musicians aren't real workers, I have been a session player in my time!) and put some time in. As we used to say, "you got to pay your dues if you want to sing the blues".

Go home, dear, get sorted out. Come back in 6 years time with something to sing about.

Comments

• Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Come back in 6 years time with something to sing about.

Please no - Just stay off our TV screens forever!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Wow! Hmmm........

I guess after all the sniping and gutter press distortions Cher now has plenty to sing/rap about. Enough to last her entire (very long and successful) career, I sincerely hope.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    If she does get the backing of will.i.am and Cheryl, this could possibly happen. Then again, I doubt anyone from the show is going to topple Leona; too many people are seeing the show for what it is and move on very quickly in regards to the acts which come from it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    It will be interesting to see what happens after X Factor.
    At the moment she has Simon and Cheryls support.
    The X Factor will end and then what, Cheryl and Co. have their own lives that they will go back to.
    End of show! End of payment!
    Cant see Cheryl being at there for her when theres nothing in it for Cheryl!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cher Lloyd: 'I’m going to use this as my platform and I’m going to make sure I’m the biggest Goddamn thing to ever come out of the X Factor. And that’s not being cocky; it’s just being very, very *committed to what I do.'

What an embarrassment for her parents. She hs zero real talent, NO longevity (which is why she's out) and no experience of an industry which will eat her up, rape her, use her and spit her out like a thousand others. She could do worse that get a real job, (not saying that musicians aren't real workers, I have been a session player in my time!) and put some time in. As we used to say, "you got to pay your dues if you want to sing the blues".

Go home, dear, get sorted out. Come back in 6 years time with something to sing about.

I doubt her parents are embarrassed, they probably condone her attitude, if not have a hand in her interviews.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has the same attitude as Darius. She will have a number one, triple platinum album.
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tvsaddo wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see what happens after X Factor.
    At the moment she has Simon and Cheryls support.
    The X Factor will end and then what, Cheryl and Co. have their own lives that they will go back to.
    End of show! End of payment!
    Cant see Cheryl being at there for her when theres nothing in it for Cheryl!

And she did not even thank Cheryl when she thanked everyone else.
  • Options
    parsleyisfunparsleyisfun Posts: 4,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    delete ;)
  • Options
    Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    She has the same attitude as Darius. She will have a number one, triple platinum album.

Darius can sing!
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Darius can sing!

And write lyrics he CAN claim as his own
  • Options
    georgeshairgeorgeshair Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Darius can sing!

Yes, and Darius learned from his mistakes, worked hard and came back a better and humbler person.
  • Options
    AiramAiram Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    duffsdad wrote: »
    And write lyrics he CAN claim as his own

..........and music!

In 2000 on Popstars Darius sang two self-written songs.

A decade later later, in 2010, he sang at the O2 and at the Royal Albert Hall and produced his own touring show.

If Cher buckles down maybe she'll still be around in 2020.
  • Options
    honeygirl231honeygirl231 Posts: 460
    Forum Member
  • Options
    GothamGotham Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FFS :rolleyes:

I wasn't a fan of hers but jesus the shows over and yet you still wish misfortune on her? She's chasing her dream and has confidence, I say best of luck to her.

Seriously, some of you need to stop taking what you read as gospel.
  • Options
    honeygirl231honeygirl231 Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    Gotham wrote: »
    FFS :rolleyes:

I wasn't a fan of hers but jesus the shows over and yet you still wish misfortune on her? She's chasing her dream and has confidence, I say best of luck to her.

Seriously, some of you need to stop taking what you read as gospel.

My thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go home, dear, get sorted out. Come back in 6 years time with something to sing about

I wonder what she'd come up with ... no doubt a bit of 'ring a dinging' thrown in for good measure
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Those who make it in the music industry do so with 10% luck and 90% sheer hard work.

Getting onto the live shows was Cher's luck - now the hard work starts - and needs to start with being nice to people on the way up as you will sure as hell meet them again on the way down - and they may be in a position to help you back up or push you down even faster!

Stars who last a long time have ALL got reputations for being generally NICE - not spoilt divas
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member

Much better. Most papers chop quotes from here there and everywhere while this seems like a genuine interview.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much better. Most papers chop quotes from here there and everywhere while this seems like a genuine interview.

notice how it attributes it's quotes to specific people.

"Speaking exclusively to TV Biz, Cher, 17, said:"

Rather than:

"Cher was reported to have said"

Which is what they say when they're basically making things up. They use specific wording to often make it sound like they are using direct quotes when they're not.
  • Options
    MadonnaMIXMadonnaMIX Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member

The thing is Darius wasnt a nasty person
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    MadonnaMIX wrote: »
    The thing is Darius wasnt a nasty person

Nor is he a one trick pony......

He can sing all sorts of pop music (and get platinum albums doing so....)
    He can perform in Musical Theatre leading man roles (Chicago and Gone with the Wind)
    He can sing opera (and won popstar to operastar and has done a fair bit of classical singing since then too)

And do all of them well - and received any criticism he was given during his time on the talent shows graciously and took it on board.
  • Options
    Snake_EaterSnake_Eater Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shes a chav, proberly have shat out 3 kids all with diffrent dads in the next 6 years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shes a chav, proberly have shat out 3 kids all with diffrent dads in the next 6 years.

I like the way It's always some illiterate who goes around calling others chavs.