Last Act

2»

Comments

• MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gregg_LUFC wrote: »
    Or maybe someone should create a forum where people are entitled to have a say in what they do or don't like about a tv show!

Just like this one. :D
  • ~V~~V~ Posts: 17,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because on a forum each person is entitled to their own opinion. I'm of the opinion that Jessie J is an annoying tool and she ruins the show for me where as Danny doesn't.

Try to read this back to yourself with a patronising voice in your head, it will allow my point to come across in the way it is intended much more easily for you

I can see you're new so shall be kind. However, this level of rudeness is generally not tolerated on ds.

The person upthread who makes the point about them being very similar is, in my opinion, spot on. They are; Danny with his fist pumping, shouting over other judges and constant ego is just as irritating as Jessie and her 'woe is me' act.
  • ~V~~V~ Posts: 17,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gillypanda wrote: »
    I was there, he was the last act, and very disappointing imho
    I thought so too.

will was hanging on, I can't blame him. I really doubt he would have turned for any of the acts even if it was the first show. They weren't 'his kind' of acts.

He knew he was going to have to have the last guy so hit the button early to make it look like he was right.

Didn't a similar thing happen last year and they got the last guy singing more stuff and bigged him up like the messiah but he really wasn't all that?
  • Gregg_LUFCGregg_LUFC Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    ~V~ wrote: »
    I can see you're new so shall be kind. However, this level of rudeness is generally not tolerated on ds.

The person upthread who makes the point about them being very similar is, in my opinion, spot on. They are; Danny with his fist pumping, shouting over other judges and constant ego is just as irritating as Jessie and her 'woe is me' act.

I'm aware of how forums work. Be as rude as you like I won't lose any sleep over it.

As I previously stated I'm entitled to an opinion as are you. I don't like Jessie J she ruins the show for me. Danny doesn't ruin it for me. I hope this clears everything up for you
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The judges all commented that it was the last act but I get the impression the acts don't necessarily know.
    One of them seemed surprised to be told that one of the coaches had filled all their slots. So I agree; the acts don't know much about the state of play. They get herded into those rooms to isolate them.
    Strangely it only ever seems to Jessie's behaviour that's criticised.
    I like Jessie's enthusiasm and love of music. I applauded her getting out of her chair, and I don't see how it spoiled anything.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,377
    Forum Member
    The last act was nothing special. He was flat and nasal. The obviously staged dancing audience and Jessie/Danny's antics were just embarassing.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    this last act thing was a flaw in the format.... in this years case he wasnt as strong as the last few... they should be told how many acts they have to select...how many performers there are in total,,,,,,, and then there is a format choice.... they choose the allotted amount or not.... if they havent they can listen blind to previous acts singing a different song (second chance) to complete their team ...or they have a less than complete team of X
  • blahblahblah57blahblahblah57 Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm aware of how forums work. Be as rude as you like I won't lose any sleep over it.

As I previously stated I'm entitled to an opinion as are you. I don't like Jessie J she ruins the show for me. Danny doesn't ruin it for me. I hope this clears everything up for you

I think the previous op was stating that you thought Jessie J was a .... as she was sitting on the floor implying that was a reason for thinking of her as such. Because of that, as Danny did the same thing, should you not think him one as well.

If you just don't like her, that's your prerogative...

Doesn't bother me I like all the judges.
    Forum Member
    I think the previous op was stating that you thought Jessie J was a .... as she was sitting on the floor implying that was a reason for thinking of her as such. Because of that, as Danny did the same thing, should you not think him one as well.

If you just don't like her, that's your prerogative...

Doesn't bother me I like all the judges.

I think they were just trying to be rude
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    It isn't sexism. Both may have annoying tendencies, but Jessie likes the sound of her own voice too much and always turns The Voice into the Me, Me, Me show, therefore, her attention seeking ways are picked up on more than any other Judges. If you seek attention then you can't pick and chose whether it is negative or positive attention.

No, I think it's sexism.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    He was the last act because all the teams were then full!! In 1st season of US voice if a coaches team wasn't full and there were no acts left to audition people with no chair turns got a second chance with a different song. HOWEVER the producers learned from that the next season and now invite almost double the amount of people to audition, so if the teams are then full, these remaining acts get sent home without the chance to audition. How is that hard to understand????
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was the last act because all the teams were then full!! In 1st season of US voice if a coaches team wasn't full and there were no acts left to audition people with no chair turns got a second chance with a different song. HOWEVER the producers learned from that the next season and now invite almost double the amount of people to audition, so if the teams are then full, these remaining acts get sent home without the chance to audition. How is that hard to understand????
    It's not hard to understand. It just doesn't match with how we're told the show works. Yes, if Will had picked the Welsh woman, the remaining acts would have been sent home. That doesn't mean there were more acts sent home after the one he did pick. It wasn't just the voice-over that said this one was last; there was talk between the coaches as well. Surely it's obvious there has to be some limit to the number of acts? They can't let it string out indefinitely. So Will's claimed strategy of waiting for the last act does make some sense.

The voice-over said that had to pick the last person. Not everything the voice-over says is true, but here it was consistent with everything else we saw.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    brangdon wrote: »
    It's not hard to understand. It just doesn't match with how we're told the show works. Yes, if Will had picked the Welsh woman, the remaining acts would have been sent home. That doesn't mean there were more acts sent home after the one he did pick. It wasn't just the voice-over that said this one was last; there was talk between the coaches as well. Surely it's obvious there has to be some limit to the number of acts? They can't let it string out indefinitely. So Will's claimed strategy of waiting for the last act does make some sense.

The voice-over said that had to pick the last person. Not everything the voice-over says is true, but here it was consistent with everything else we saw.

Exactly. Therefore we assume Will had to pick the last act or do without and not as in the American version described, the previous acts being able to audition again. because he and us were told quite plainly this is the last act.

If they had been allowed to audition again with another song just for Will then I think cries of 'Fix' would have more pertinence.
  • CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You're absolutely right, everybody is indeed entitled to their opinion.......Of course on the subject on hand..

But there's no need to call another poster 'a simp'. just because you don't agree with them. Digital Spy don't allow 'attacks' on on other forum members.
    Forum Member
    You're absolutely right, everybody is indeed entitled to their opinion.......Of course on the subject on hand..

But there's no need to call another poster 'a simp'. just because you don't agree with them. Digital Spy don't allow 'attacks' on on other forum members.

Please keep the thread on track.
  • CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You are aware you've just answered your original question with that quote?!?! I'd say you are a simp now

Please refrain from 'attacking' other posters. Keep to the subject in hand.