iOS 7 Today! {CHAT THREAD}

Comments

• James30James30 Posts: 5,196
    Forum Member
    Lidtop2013 wrote: »
    So not ALL apps, just apps that happen to be open in the multi task window?

And I can't remember if I gave my 2 penny's worth but I love it, it's what Apple needed and it's what everyone was moaning about for so long, they made BIG changes because we asked for it.

I really can't believe how anyone who rather be on ios 6, if I went back to that now it would look SO boring.

Not to mention there's a whole host of new additions and tweaks.

Boring, but works and the knowledge that I can see my keyboard for a start without damaging my eyes. Also, the fact that Apple have a huge backlog for app approval from developers for iOS7 meaning most aren't optimised for it.

My mate has loaded it and says it's good, then he starts moaning.

To be continued............
  • c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiffani wrote: »
    Isn't Siri supposed to be available in male and female voices now, cos i still only have the male voice.

Change it to English (Canada) if you want a female voice.
  • NoFussNoFrillsNoFussNoFrills Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My phone updated fine but my iPad 2 refuses to. It has failed at least ten times.
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,419
    Forum Member
    Is anyone having trouble in setting a wallpaper? It won't let me scale and fit my photos properly like before. Now my images are all zoomed in. Surely i'm not the only one having this problem!?
  • TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    Are we supposed to have Airdrop and Airplay on our phones, cos i cant find them
  • Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    James30 wrote: »
    Boring, but works and the knowledge that I can see my keyboard for a start without damaging my eyes. Also, the fact that Apple have a huge backlog for app approval from developers for iOS7 meaning most aren't optimised for it.

My mate has loaded it and says it's good, then he starts moaning.

To be continued............

You not thought about just turning the brightness down lol?
  • NoFussNoFrillsNoFussNoFrills Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

One finger swipe up from bottom :eek: I was informed here, earlier. Hope this helps. :)
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think AirDrop only works on the iPads and iPhone 5.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

It's not available on the iphone 4.
  • TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    psionic wrote: »
    I think AirDrop only works on the iPads and iPhone 5.

I've got a 4s so that's why i cant find it.
  • James30James30 Posts: 5,196
    Forum Member
    Try and open some apps......many aren't approved by Apple to work on iOS7
  • JustinThePubJustinThePub Posts: 3,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tellytart1 wrote: »
    iTunes radio is only available in the USA at the moment. Don't know when it'll come to the UK.

Easy enough to get on UK phones though.
    You just need to set up a US iTunes account and log into that.

I had a quick play with it earlier. seems OK - similar to Pandora etc.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    James30 wrote: »
    Try and open some apps......many aren't approved by Apple to work on iOS7

I noticed that yesterday. I was texting my friend an app to pimp her text messages and change the white screen and it wouldn't send.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    Is anyone having trouble in setting a wallpaper? It won't let me scale and fit my photos properly like before. Now my images are all zoomed in. Surely i'm not the only one having this problem!?

Yep, I get exactly the same thing on my iPod Touch 5g. Really annoying, especially as it says Move and Scale on the actual screen as well. It's even put me off upgrading my iPhone at the moment.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Tyyleer wrote: »

It worked fine in beta 1, so hopefully it's a tempory glitch.
  • WeeksyWeeksy Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member
    For background updating of apps, doesn't seem to list Facebook or Twitter... The only 2 apps that I would want updating in the background!

Anyone else got this?
  • c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kmusgrave wrote: »
    Easy enough to get on UK phones though.
    You just need to set up a US iTunes account and log into that.

I had a quick play with it earlier. seems OK - similar to Pandora etc.

I have the relevant account but can't find it anywhere:confused:
  • Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    Are many of you having problems with apps not working. If so perhaps we ought to start a list of apps that either don't work or need updating?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan Sette wrote: »
    Are many of you having problems with apps not working. If so perhaps we ought to start a list of apps that either don't work or need updating?

I did on the beta versions but not noticing that now. Loads of apps have been updated over the last 48 hours.

What I am seeing is that updating apps via iTunes seems to update a lot more apps (and much faster) then by using the App Store on iOS to update on the phone itself. I'm not 100% convinced yet that the auto app update feature on iOS works perfectly yet. But it could just be glitches related to the fact that Apple's servers were getting totally hammered.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    all my apps working just fine ..
  • Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone help me I updated my iPhone and I hate the new look by the way. Any way I was wondering how you save the battery power after you have opened an app the old way was double clicking and the apps you opened appeared at the bottom and then you delete but with this new design I am lost. If someone knows and can help me I would really appreciate it:)
    Ha ha after typing this I just figured it double click and swipe upwards.crazy:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone help me I updated my iPhone and I hate the new look by the way. Any way I was wondering how you save the battery power after you have opened an app the old way was double clicking and the apps you opened appeared at the bottom and then you delete but with this new design I am lost. If someone knows and can help me I would really appreciate it:)

Still double click the home button. But swipe the app 'windows' (not the icons) upwards.
  • Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    psionic wrote: »
    Still double click the home button. But swipe the app 'windows' (not the icons) upwards.

Thank you. :)
  • ClatterClatter Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Definite mistake on my part in updating my iphone4.

Visually I much prefer the old style, but maybe it's better on the newer devices as I now know that some of the visual updates are not supported on the 4. Have no choice now but to get used to it.

Havent really hammered it yet, but have found a couple of things that really does annoy me.

Deleting an email or single text was a simple swipe from left to right, so why the hell have they changed it to a right to left swipe to delete a mail and a 4 step process to delete a text.Tasks that were simple have been changed so that you have to unlearn them and start again. Some may think it very minor, but to me it's change for the sake of it and not for any practical reason.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A friend of mine got a 4S as a second phone, so uses it for her business, she went to a local Apple store today, ok it is not run by Apple, but it is only apple products, she went to see if they had a phone updated so she could have a look at what it is like. They did, but she was not that impressed and have decided not to up date her 4S.

While she have a a fair few Apple Macs, she is not the greatest fan of the Iphone, so this have put her off getting another one when/if the 4s goes belly up.

she have a sony Android based phone as her main mobile.