Options

Help! Debate at work

pfgpowellpfgpowell Posts: 5,347
Forum Member
Is there a 'West Moseley' in Birmingham? I don't think so, and I lived in Kings Heath for six years. But a colleague at work swears blind her grandmother lived there all her life. Am I going mad? Is there a West Moseley?

Comments

• Options
    Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,656
    Forum Member
    No, I don't think it's an area. However, someone using it might mean that a person lives in the western part of Moseley, rather than referring to it as an actual place (e.g. South Woodgate).
  • Options
    PrimalIcePrimalIce Posts: 2,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I lived in Sparkhill 1983-2012 and went to Moseley School. My Uncle lived in Moseley.

Never heard of a "west Moseley".
  • Options
    GlenLGlenL Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a Moseley (next to Kings Heath in fact) but I've never heard of a West Moseley.
  • Options
    JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    The only West Moseley I know of is in Surrey.
  • Options
    pfgpowellpfgpowell Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    GlenL wrote: »
    There's a Moseley (next to Kings Heath in fact) but I've never heard of a West Moseley.

That's what I keep saying. I've never heard of it, yet my colleague swears blind her granny lived there. Very odd.
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    pfgpowell wrote: »
    Is there a 'West Moseley' in Birmingham? I don't think so, and I lived in Kings Heath for six years. But a colleague at work swears blind her grandmother lived there all her life. Am I going mad? Is there a West Moseley?

I'm sure when I lived in Walton-on-Thames there was a West Moseley near there (towards Surbiton).
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    JB3 wrote: »
    The only West Moseley I know of is in Surrey.

That must be the one I'm thinking of.

edit: Just looked it up on Google Maps - that's West Molesey.