The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• perobt93perobt93 Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    pjh8 wrote: »
    It's funny and ironic how that flop Dappy who slagged off Alex's career is now going into Big Brother :p

And why Dappy? Haven't read this before...
    EDIT: You mean his dissing song right?
  • pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    perobt93 wrote: »
    And why Dappy? Haven't read this before...
    EDIT: You mean his dissing song right?

Yep.. >:(
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjh8 wrote: »
    It's funny and ironic how that flop Dappy who slagged off Alex's career is now going into Big Brother :p

It's funny how he was saying "where are your hits Alex?", yet he's now bankrupt while Alex is an international property owner and one of the richest X Factor stars to come from the UK. Oops. :kitty:
  • djc_22djc_22 Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex' Hallelujah still has sold more copies than James Arthur's Impossible :o I thought he overtook Alex ages ago.
    It is still the biggest selling X Factor winner's single – its sales tally currently stands at over 1.26 million copies. James Arthur’s Impossible is catching up – it’s currently on 1.25 million.

http://www.officialcharts.com/features/official-charts-flashback-2009-alexandra-burke-hallelujah-2711/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    djc_22 wrote: »
    Alex' Hallelujah still has sold more copies than James Arthur's Impossible :o I thought he overtook Alex ages ago.

http://www.officialcharts.com/features/official-charts-flashback-2009-alexandra-burke-hallelujah-2711/

Someone start a thread on this for publicity lmao. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually wouldn't mind Alex working with The Phantom Boyz again, they were actually talented as up and coming producers. They also produced this around the same time as Bad Boys, which was written by Sean Garrett.

I think Alex worked with him on her unreleased album. He also wrote SMS for Miley. I think Alex would suit his style of songs, a fast uptempo would help balance the album. I don't want it to be all boring ballads and Brandy R&B midtempos.
  • beastieletsgobeastieletsgo Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guys, I asked autumn Rowe whether she was planning on working on the new album and she said her and Alex haven't been able to work together thus far due to scheduling. Seeing as Alex has said there is an uptempo on the album, I am more inclined to think it was written by Claude Kelly.
  • beastieletsgobeastieletsgo Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Considering Alex has the deadline day of February 7th you would think she wouldn't have time to go on detox days. If Alex is looking for a diet that will get her body looking good she should go on the vegan diet, like Beyonce!
  • NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guys, I asked autumn Rowe whether she was planning on working on the new album and she said her and Alex haven't been able to work together thus far due to scheduling. Seeing as Alex has said there is an uptempo on the album, I am more inclined to think it was written by Claude Kelly.

Claude kelly and Alex have definitely worked together confirmed by him asking for her to dm him months back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Niiiiiiik wrote: »
    Claude kelly and Alex have definitely worked together confirmed by him asking for her to dm him months back.

I don't think we can take that as concrete confirmation. They could have just been catching up, but it's very likely.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Considering Alex has the deadline day of February 7th you would think she wouldn't have time to go on detox days. If Alex is looking for a diet that will get her body looking good she should go on the vegan diet, like Beyonce!

Not necessarily. Most of her recording is already done. It's just one day. Detox is mostly about feeling rather than looking good.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I meant to post this the other day but forgot, but yesterday on instagram Alex followed a guy who does PR for One Direction. I had a look at his page and from the pictures it looked as if he does PR for them in the U.S. He had clicked like on a couple of Alex's pictures too so II;m guessing they could be working together. I hope so. One Direction's PR team is fantastic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I meant to post this the other day but forgot, but yesterday on instagram Alex followed a guy who does PR for One Direction. I had a look at his page and from the pictures it looked as if he does PR for them in the U.S. He had clicked like on a couple of Alex's pictures too so II;m guessing they could be working together. I hope so. One Direction's PR team is fantastic.

That would be absolutely amazing, though she could have just met him through Niall as a friend. Hopefully it is a professional relationship though, she needs all the promotional help she can get for her American debut.
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    He's on about Simon Jones/Hackford

He's ALWAYS been with Alex Ozzy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »

I was just gonna say that
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Shoed wrote: »

Either way, it's great. I hope she really milks it.
  • perobt93perobt93 Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    Don't know if this has been posted before but...
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=eERWdJ6epOs
    I remember the first time I listened to this track, I thought "wow such a tough arrangement she made, she must've had a high pressure while recording these adlibs". Now I can only see she uses no force to sing those parts, flawless, magnificent! Bravo!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    Niiiiiiik wrote: »
    Refuse to believe this Alex and jojo mess

I wanted Alex with an undercover person in the industry when she does moderately well in the states. Not jojo. Sighs. Hoping it's not true or it could cloud things between business/pleasure it never ends well eg Christina milian and her relationship with her producer

You have expectations and hopes for her personal relationships now as well???

God, give yourself a rest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Krissykins wrote: »

Oh shut up thinking you're better than everyone else when really you're negative about everything. Move
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You're getting boring now. We discuss most things about Alexandra in here, after all it is a thread about HER. It seems most of your posts are just negative comments towards other users rather than actually sticking to the subject of the thread, ALEXANDRA.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're getting boring now. We discuss most things about Alexandra in here, after all it is a thread about HER. It seems most of your posts are just negative comments towards other users rather than actually sticking to the subject of the thread, ALEXANDRA.

What a joke I'm one if the first who gets so excited about Alex success! If i was always negative id understand
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    I'm positive about Alexandra Burke and hopeful about 2014.

However I think some of your comments are ridiculous (particularly you two) who freak out over the tiniest detail and seem to never be happy.

Alexandra could win a Grammy and you two would say: "god I wish she wore a red dress" or "her nose looked big during her acceptance speech".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

However I think some of your comments are ridiculous (particularly you two) who freak out over the tiniest detail and seem to never be happy.

Alexandra could win a Grammy and you two would say: "god I wish she wore a red dress" or "her nose looked big during her acceptance speech".

Would I? Would I really. Did I complain that Alex's dress was rising up when she performed for Chaka no. What petty comments.

I was happy she was at the venue having worked with jaquel to be at a prestigious powerful event. So no I wouldn't make stupid comments like that

And. The only reason I'm concerned with jojo is the perception by US. Stop trying to anticipate why I'm making comments. It just looks f*cking messy. What if she and him were hypothetically dating and it went wrong and he cut ties?? What then? That's why I made such comments it's just like milian so stop trying to call me petty when you have criticised a lot more and been a lot more negative in the past..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Can you not attempt these RuPaul Drag Race style arguments please. They aren't working and it's not constructive in this thread.

If you have issues with those posters put them on your ignore list instead of attacking them here. Nobody wants to read that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Can you not attempt these RuPaul Drag Race style arguments please. They aren't working and it's not constructive in this thread.

If you have issues with those posters put them on your ignore list instead of attacking them here. Nobody wants to read that.

Forreal. This is Alex's thread