Why are they wasting Jay?

2»

Comments

• pumpkinlattes33pumpkinlattes33 Posts: 8,326
    Forum Member
    I do like Jay. I can't stand Abi though, they make an awful couple with no chemistry and nothing in common.Jay would be better suited to Lola.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really loved his relationship with Ben, I think they really bounced off one another and could become the next big "Mitchel" type brothers, with Jay being the kinder one and giving much needed balance to Ben. I do think they really cared about one another. Bring back Ben and let them become great is my opinion for what it' worth lol :blush:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jake could easily pass as Jase's brother that Jay never knew about. ;)
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My guess is they are keeping Jay quiet until Ben's return, its bound to happen by the 30th anniversary.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    dazza89 wrote: »
    My guess is they are keeping Jay quiet until Ben's return, its bound to happen by the 30th anniversary.

Jay is a strong character with or without Ben, personally I think Ben's character was a bit overrated yes he made impact certainly but Jay is a better character imo but the producers are reluctant to do anything with him, just have him in the background and have him there to give Abi an outlet out of her family, when he should be involved in a dark interesting storyline.
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm impressed 2 pages into a Jay thread and no ones mentioned male rape :D

Jamie Borthwick is incredibly capable and it would be a shame to see him go, but he really needs something to do that isn't Abi. I'd like to see a grandparent introduced, not Bert again, but maybe Jase's mother or his maternal grandmother. She could be a right nasty piece of work, all sweetness and smiles on the outside, but possessive and controlling of Jay behind closed doors. Explore the wasted dynamic that Carl had with his mother, but use Jay instead.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has been very much in the background for sometime now
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,269
    Forum Member
    It's a shame that he is not more involved with the Brannings, he could have worked with Max and they could have formed a great relationship together.

I hope he is not on the way out, I like his and Abi's relationship.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they should give Jay an anorexia plotline, I don't recall that with a lad on EE before and it could be very powerful. I think the actor is strong enough and it would be interesting to see how Abi and Phil would react.
  • jamesisacejamesisace Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's not in any of the cast lists for the next 3 weeks!