Proud

2»

Comments

• henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clarky323 wrote: »
    Every reason to be proud mate, Hull were brilliant today, as were their fans, love stories like theirs, did you go to the match Darren?

hope you enjoy your trip round Europe! who knows, you may even win it and join Liverpool in the Champions League the season after :)

Just to avoid any surprise and disappointment, UEFA refs are a lot less appreciative of traditionally robust play in the box than English referees such as Lee Probert.

But you could do a Sevilla.
  • Astra 1AAstra 1A Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hull journey is a special one and one that followers of current L1/L2 teams like me aspire to.

Which makes Steve Bruces comments last week endorsing B teams in our leagues and blocking our promotion path utterly hypocritical.
  • AesaAesa Posts: 3,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Proud' has never been more apt. I can't think of a time I've ever had more pride in a team who've lost after being 2-0 up. Arsenal's experience in competitions won out in the end, but bloody hell what a game and what a season City have had. Coming second in the FA Cup is a massive achievement by anybody's standards, plus we've got Premiership football for a second season and a stab at the Europa League to boot (and we can put the money we would've spent going to the Charity Shield towards a European adventure ;) ). This season has been incredible, and I'm counting down the days to the next already. Come on you 'Ull!!

Side note, Curtis Davies - captain fantastic or what. Definitely deserved his player of the year accolade, and such a great role model to the younger fans. We're lucky to have him.
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aesa wrote: »
    'Proud' has never been more apt. I can't think of a time I've ever had more pride in a team who've lost after being 2-0 up. Arsenal's experience in competitions won out in the end, but bloody hell what a game and what a season City have had. Coming second in the FA Cup is a massive achievement by anybody's standards, plus we've got Premiership football for a second season and a stab at the Europa League to boot (and we can put the money we would've spent going to the Charity Shield towards a European adventure ;) ). This season has been incredible, and I'm counting down the days to the next already. Come on you 'Ull!!

Side note, Curtis Davies - captain fantastic or what. Definitely deserved his player of the year accolade, and such a great role model to the younger fans. We're lucky to have him.

Absolutely. Deservedly player of the year winner. Can't help but wonder what might have been had Alex Bruce not picked up a knock, he is the best man to have in the centre of the back three. With him out the picture they had to re jig a little but who knows.
  • AesaAesa Posts: 3,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely. Deservedly player of the year winner. Can't help but wonder what might have been had Alex Bruce not picked up a knock, he is the best man to have in the centre of the back three. With him out the picture they had to re jig a little but who knows.

Same here, plus Rosenior having to go off during extra time - losing two of your defenders when you're up against it will always have an element of 'what if', but it's just one of those things. But Davies is an outstanding player, summed up by him basically playing upfront at the end last night - so determined to pull it back for the team.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which round of the Europa League will Hull start at?
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,989
    Forum Member
    A great effort by Hull - even after going behind they didn't give up.

Pleased you enjoyed the day and at least your side gave Arsenal a game.
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,989
    Forum Member
    Which round of the Europa League will Hull start at?

I think they said the 3rd qualifying round?
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark F wrote: »
    I think they said the 3rd qualifying round?

That's right it is the 3rd Qualifying Round, joining teams like PSV, Lyon, Real Sociedad and Dynamo Moscow amongst others.
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    Ah I remember those division 4 ( league 2 ) clashes. Lee Trundle always seemed to score against us......the fat git ;)

Lee Trundle is a legend!!:p
  • CardioCortezCardioCortez Posts: 11,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were outstanding, as I knew they would be.

It is always said the table does not lie, but Hull are a hell of a lot better than 16th best. Certainly a top 12 side. Aluko was good when he came on too.

Incidentally, when is the Hull RL derby this weekend?

Think the 16th place came down to the fact we were in the FA Cup Final and our focus turned to that as much as the players tried not to. We were realistically "safe" 5-6 games before the end.