Options

D-Day on t.v.

AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Am amazed we haven't actually had a thread on the t.v. forum about the celebrations on t.v. I mean we have Eurovision, and various other things.. For something so big no-one is commenting on the festivities.

Comments

• Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Andagha wrote: »
    Am amazed we haven't actually had a thread on the t.v. forum about the celebrations on t.v. I mean we have Eurovision, and various other things.. For something so big no-one is commenting on the festivities.

That's probably because the day isn't being celebrated along with festivities to match.
  • Options
    AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's probably because the day isn't being celebrated along with festivities to match.

You know what I mean, we are basically celebrating life that they gave... If it wasn't for these brave soldiers that faught during WW2 we wouldn't have the life we have now..

Although if you watch it on t.v. you will see that President Hollande has actually arranged for some sort of "show".. I say show loosely..
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member

I'm sure I've seen the veterans at Pegasus bridge, arms linked singing "Hitler, has only got one ball..."