sky sports 5

Comments

• CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got an email from Sky saying that they will automatically activate Sky Sports 5 in Aug.
  • davybhoydavybhoy Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just noticed on my EPG that Sky Sports 5 HD is on channel 407 and Sky Sports 5 is on 451. I imagine this will be reversed for non HD subscribers. Looks like it won't be going to 405 then...
  • RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,947
    Forum Member
    davybhoy wrote: »
    Just noticed on my EPG that Sky Sports 5 HD is on channel 407 and Sky Sports 5 is on 451. I imagine this will be reversed for non HD subscribers. Looks like it won't be going to 405 then...

It hasn't properly launched yet. Quite likely it will move to 405 on or before 12 August with Sky Sports News moving to 407 at the same time. We will have to wait and see.
  • aerofly2aerofly2 Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I notice whilst watching Sky Sport 4 today that they are showing a persistent red button at the bottom right of the screen inviting me to register Sky Sports 5. I keep hitting the back button to get rid of it, but when I switch back to SS4 again, up it pops annoyingly.
    I know they're trying to gauge the take-up of the channel, but I don't watch football at all ( I'd rather pick up dog excrement and clap!).
    Why can't they just rely on emailing the details, and not constantly pestering people with on -screen graphics?
    Rant over!>:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    aerofly2 wrote: »
    I notice whilst watching Sky Sport 4 today that they are showing a persistent red button at the bottom right of the screen inviting me to register Sky Sports 5. I keep hitting the back button to get rid of it, but when I switch back to SS4 again, up it pops annoyingly.
    I know they're trying to gauge the take-up of the channel, but I don't watch football at all ( I'd rather pick up dog excrement and clap!).
    Why can't they just rely on emailing the details, and not constantly pestering people with on -screen graphics?
    Rant over!>:(

Seen that over the last few days on the other sky sports channels too including sky sports news, yes annoying.
    And i have the free offer and activated sky sports 5 too!
  • tvsatweektvsatweek Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there a way of finding out how manny people have activated sky sports 5

And

How many people have activated the 2 years free broadband
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    The latter is obviously very commercially sensitive information, so I would very much doubt if any figures are available outside of Sky.
    BT obviously consider the offer to be enough of a threat to publish ads countering it though, pointing out that a lot of the European football actually comes to them next year.
    Strangely none of them mention the Champions' League specifically though, I wonder why?
    :)
  • innitrichieinnitrichie Posts: 9,795
    Forum Member
    popeye13 wrote: »
    The same reason why you have to activate Sky3D, even though you get it.
    Its to gauge take-up.

Agreed about the scare tactic comment being OTT...

Yeah not a scare tactic but a laughably desperate way to try and get more broadband customers while annoying the customer base with PLEASE PLEASE ACTIVATE SKY SPORTS 5 messages.
  • innitrichieinnitrichie Posts: 9,795
    Forum Member
    Reminds me....

I've even received a couple of posted mail shots from Sky already suggesting I might like to activate Sky Sports 5 pronto because I'm missing out on all the action. FGS the channel isn't even showing anything yet. But I'm still not sure why I'm resisting the urge to rush out and activate SS5. The promise of one more season of Champions League, La Liga with the world's most boring and clueless commentators, and of course the sacred Dutch league. Oh the urge to press that activate button, how do I resist? :D
  • swillsswills Posts: 4,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nsewell wrote: »
    Probably so they can offer you the BB offer when you do.

But the so called Free BB offer is a bit of a con, everywhere it says Sky BB Umlimited free for 2 years, but when you say OK I will go along with that, they say..."Ahh, you can't get Fibre, so it does not apply to you" ! "you can have CONNECT £10 pm for 12 months and capped at 40GB "

I did ask where it said does not apply to 'normal' BB customers, but they did not know the amswer !

Was thinking of moving over to Sky from my current line rental and bb supplier
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clearly states it is for Sky Network areas only on the page I just looked at

http://www.sky.com/shop/offers/2yearsfreebroadband/

Offer available to Sky TV customers with Sky Sports. Sky Network areas only. £6.95 router delivery charge applies. New minimum term required for Sky Broadband Unlimited, calls and line rental - 12 months for new and 18 months for existing Sky Broadband customers.
  • swillsswills Posts: 4,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But only in the small print after you have started to think 'yes please' ! the headline advert, the one that grabs your attention, does not mention Fibre only.
    Maybe "Sky Fibre Unlimited" would have been more accurate ?

I fact In would not even mind the 'offer' of £10 per month for 12 months, then £17 after that, but the cap of 40GB for £17 stops me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swills wrote: »
    But only in the small print after you have started to think 'yes please' ! the headline advert, the one that grabs your attention, does not mention Fibre only.
    Maybe "Sky Fibre Unlimited" would have been more accurate ?

I fact In would not even mind the 'offer' of £10 per month for 12 months, then £17 after that, but the cap of 40GB for £17 stops me.

The offer isn't for fibre only though, so why would they put that?

In fact, I believe the free internet is Sky Broadband Unlimited, and Fibre customers only get a discount, not free, maybe your are getting confused somewhere?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've tried activating my sky sports 5 channel and it asks me for my sky pin number, but ive forgotten it any ideas where to find it again
  • charger21charger21 Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried activating my sky sports 5 channel and it asks me for my sky pin number, but ive forgotten it any ideas where to find it again

You can get a reminder through the customer service section when you press the interactive button. Youll need last 4 digits of whatever account it is you pay your sky bill through
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or you can change it on MySky if you have a login.
  • suffolkbluesuffolkblue Posts: 4,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The activate SS5 is bloody annoying esp while watching live sport. Im watching the test cricket I press the back up button and it vanishes. There will be some adverts then we go back to live cricket and it re appears so I keep having to press back up. Very annoying Sky.
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The activate SS5 is bloody annoying esp while watching live sport. Im watching the test cricket I press the back up button and it vanishes. There will be some adverts then we go back to live cricket and it re appears so I keep having to press back up. Very annoying Sky.

Press Pause then as soon as it has paused play it again, you'll be a few seconds behind broadcast but the message wont appear at all.
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member

Can get your PIN without the need for Sky reminder.
    Its the last 4 digits of your viewing card number (Providing you've never changed your PIN)
  • NsewellNsewell Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    popeye13 wrote: »
    Can get your PIN without the need for Sky reminder.
    Its the last 4 digits of your viewing card number (Providing you've never changed your PIN)

Unless there's been a viewing card change since you got Sky installed.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you activate Sky Sports 5 without taking up the broadband offer??
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Can you activate Sky Sports 5 without taking up the broadband offer??

you don't need to activate anything.
    it's included in the existing sports pack.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    chenks wrote: »
    you don't need to activate anything.
    it's included in the existing sports pack.

Cheers
  • RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,947
    Forum Member
    This Press Release from Sky today:-

European Champions Bale & Ronaldo to kick off Sky Sports 5

Sky Sports has scheduled up to 75 live matches from five European competitions during the first five weeks of Sky Sports 5.

The new home of European football launches on 12 August with the UEFA Super Cup between Real Madrid and Sevilla, expected to feature Gareth Bale and Cristiano Ronaldo.

The game is the first live match on Sky Sports 5, which will offer up to 600 live European football matches next season and is available to Sky Sports customers at no extra cost as part of their sports packages. As a further bonus they can also get two years’ free Sky Broadband Unlimited.

Viewers will be able to follow many of the stars and teams from the 2014 FIFA World Cup, including World Cup winners Germany in European Qualifiers for the UEFA EURO 2016 Finals in France starting with their first competitive fixture against Scotland on Sunday 7 September.

The opening five weeks will offer 24 European Qualifiers, 18 UEFA Champions League fixtures, weekend triple-headers from La Liga and up to three games a week from Holland’s top division, Eredivisie, including regular live coverage of Ajax, Feyenoord, PSV Eindhoven and FC Twente.

Sky Sports managing director Barney Francis said: “We promised the ultimate European football channel and this opening schedule shows we’re delivering from day one. Only on Sky Sports 5 can viewers enjoy Messi, Bale and Ronaldo week in, week out in some of the best European competitions. We’ll tell the complete story from the European Qualifiers campaign, offer 129 UEFA Champions League matches and so much more, including weekly live coverage of the biggest teams and players in Spanish and Dutch football. There’s no better place for fans of European football.”
  • TechnoGeekTechnoGeek Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radiomike wrote: »
    This Press Release from Sky today:-

European Champions Bale & Ronaldo to kick off Sky Sports 5

Sky Sports has scheduled up to 75 live matches from five European competitions during the first five weeks of Sky Sports 5.

The new home of European football launches on 12 August with the UEFA Super Cup between Real Madrid and Sevilla, expected to feature Gareth Bale and Cristiano Ronaldo.

The game is the first live match on Sky Sports 5, which will offer up to 600 live European football matches next season and is available to Sky Sports customers at no extra cost as part of their sports packages. As a further bonus they can also get two years’ free Sky Broadband Unlimited.

Viewers will be able to follow many of the stars and teams from the 2014 FIFA World Cup, including World Cup winners Germany in European Qualifiers for the UEFA EURO 2016 Finals in France starting with their first competitive fixture against Scotland on Sunday 7 September.

The opening five weeks will offer 24 European Qualifiers, 18 UEFA Champions League fixtures, weekend triple-headers from La Liga and up to three games a week from Holland’s top division, Eredivisie, including regular live coverage of Ajax, Feyenoord, PSV Eindhoven and FC Twente.

Sky Sports managing director Barney Francis said: “We promised the ultimate European football channel and this opening schedule shows we’re delivering from day one. Only on Sky Sports 5 can viewers enjoy Messi, Bale and Ronaldo week in, week out in some of the best European competitions. We’ll tell the complete story from the European Qualifiers campaign, offer 129 UEFA Champions League matches and so much more, including weekly live coverage of the biggest teams and players in Spanish and Dutch football. There’s no better place for fans of European football.”
    The press release from Sky next year will read A LOT LESS EUROPEAN FOOTBALL & NO CHAMPIONS LEAGUE & WE STILL EXPECT CUSTOMERS TO PAY £24.50 FOR ALL THE REPEATS THERE GOING TO SHOW