Options

Man buys 23 apple pies from Burger King to spite screaming child

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only 23 pies in stock, and all cooked and ready to go?

I think he took his little waiting in line fantasy and typed it out while he was on the bus home.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't believe a word of it, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    Seth1 wrote: »
    Neither. He's a **** letting himself get all worked up.

I agree. So the kid is a brat. They aren't yours. Get over it.
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    Only 23 pies in stock, and all cooked and ready to go?

I think he took his little waiting in line fantasy and typed it out while he was on the bus home.

In BK they don't cook them, they simply take from where they are stored and bung them in the microwave. As they have deliveries every day (or every other day depending on size of the store), it's quite conceivable that he DID purchase all the remaining apple pies.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's concerning is news organisations reporting posts made on reddit as fact :D
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Did he ask for 23 pies to start with or did he ask how many they had left, then order the 23? What if they'd had 123 instead?

Don't believe a word.
  • Options
    sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member

Someone has obviously bought them all, so they've taken them off! :D
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'I want some ****ing pie!'

Hes starting young ;)

:D
  • Options
    Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Its almost certainly not true, but a nice tale nonetheless.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would have been better if he ate the pies in front of the kid.

"Yum, yum, pie... you want pie? Pie not for you!"
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hero. But only if he passed the pies out to everyone else in there apart from the woman and her kid...
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Feel a bit sorry for the kid; letting your child behave that way does them no favours. I did consider he might have some sort of condition, learning disability and challenging behaviour or autism or what have you, but even then sympathy for the mum is somewhat limited as talking on the phone, ignoring him isn't really the best way of managing it. Unless she was on phone desperately calling for reinforcements. :o:D

Post #20! Anyone have post #20? :D
  • Options
    racol5racol5 Posts: 3,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love urban myths :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it quite inspirational, and never mind my inspirational stories not being true. Next time I hear a child raising aggressive hell because they want something, I'm going to do the same, and work out what to do with 45 Peppa Pig comics later.
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Post #20! Anyone have post #20? :D

:D Ha ha. I aim to please. I would have liked to have got in there much sooner - it is shameful - shameful - that we got in to double figures before that chestnut was raised - but I was having technical difficulties and got waylaid making outraged posts on the Mail site. I hope it won't happen again.
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it quite inspirational, and never mind my inspirational stories not being true. Next time I hear a child raising aggressive hell because they want something, I'm going to do the same, and work out what to do with 45 Peppa Pig comics later.

Nice idea but you'd have to re-mortgage your house to afford it. Price of the dreadful things.
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    :D Ha ha. I aim to please. I would have liked to have got in there much sooner - it is shameful - shameful - that we got in to double figures before that chestnut was raised - but I was having technical difficulties and got waylaid making outraged posts on the Mail site. I hope it won't happen again.

Apology accepted. Don't let it happen again. This is DS, after all. :p:D
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    racol5 wrote: »
    I love urban myths :D

like Purple Aki
  • Options
    UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's true then it's his money and while spiteful I can understand.

If it's not true then shame on him for BSing but he provided us all with a good laugh anyway.
    I stand there and pull out a pie and slowly start eating eat as I stare back at her. She starts running towards me but can't get to me because of other lineups in the food court. I turn and slowly walk away.
    :D
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This story sounds way too good to be true, but ‘I want some f***ing pie!’ made me laugh.
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    I bought 23 McDonald's apple pies last year when my central heating broke down. Heated the house for a week they did.
  • Options
    MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    Hero. But only if he passed the pies out to everyone else in there apart from the woman and her kid...

This, definitely! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel I shouldn't be laughing and egging him onwards but somehow I find myself doing exactly that :D

Good on him I say.
  • Options
    StrmChaserSteveStrmChaserSteve Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the hell is going on
    At the jobcentre today, i had to pinch myself to check i hadn't walked into a nursery by mistake !!

Nearly every adult walking towards the door on my way out, had several screaming toddlers following them in.

It's the same situation in the small shops, like tesco extra, where you don't have any room to swing a cat, and kids are running around bumping into people

Can't one adult look after the kids outside, whilst the other person goes in by themselves and get's the shopping.

If things were thought through properly, there would be a kids play area outside the supermarkets, so the adults could go inside, and shop in peace

Kids make noise and get in everyone's way. A real pain in the backside !!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    So how is this funny? :confused: