Options

Leeds United Supporters Thread

Comments

• Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    This guy is a nutter. Amazing that people like him can buy football clubs.
  • Options
    Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hockaday was one of the most bizarre appointments I've ever seen. Plenty of fans predicted he would be gone before the end of August!

Here are some current odds for who will be the next head coach ...

Rolando Maran - 1/2
    Oscar Garcia - 9/2
    Steve Clarke - 6/1
    Benito Carbone - 7/1
    Paolo Di Canio - 16/1
    Chris Hughton - 18/1
    Gary McAllister - 18/1
    Gianfranco Zola - 18/1
    Neil Redfearn - 18/1

Transfer news: It does look like Adryan, 20-year-old Brazilian attacking midfielder, is going to sign tomorrow.
  • Options
    Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    This guy is a nutter. Amazing that people like him can buy football clubs.

The fit & proper person test is a joke, reportedly sacked the keeper because he has a birthday on the 17th which according to him is bad luck & has banned the colour Purple for the same reason.
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't think he'd be sacked after losing to Bradford, a cup game, but I did believe he'd go if we lost the Bolton game this weekend.

Still, was a crazy appointment, maybe it was an experiment that didn't work, but as said above, who'd want to manage Leeds now, especially with the 35 managers in 21 years stat.
  • Options
    BhaveshgorBhaveshgor Posts: 9,312
    Forum Member
    Didn't think he'd be sacked after losing to Bradford, a cup game, but I did believe he'd go if we lost the Bolton game this weekend.

Still, was a crazy appointment, maybe it was an experiment that didn't work, but as said above, who'd want to manage Leeds now, especially with the 35 managers in 21 years stat.

I Can see many manager interested since it is really a win-win situation.

If you get sacked you get a pay off.
    If you do bad most of the criticism will go to the Board and owner.
    If you do well other teams will be interested in you and essentially improve your career in management.

I wouldn't mind applying for the job.:D
  • Options
    Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    So since we sacked the village green cosch
    Our record reads played 3 w 2 d 1 l o
    And this is under an acemdey coach, who got team playing as team and we got some pride back and disapline too , so whilst we get linked with everybody from
    Robbie fowler to Alex Sabella, a man born in Barnsley seems to be doing very well indeed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbedin73 wrote: »
    And this is under an acemdey coach, who got team playing as team and we got some pride back and disapline too , so whilst we get linked with everybody from
    Robbie fowler to Alex Sabella, a man born in Barnsley seems to be doing very well indeed

Agree, and last night, Reasons To Be Cheerful 1-2-3.
  • Options
    jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member

So Rob ! Are you saying Cellino is doing a decent job as owner of our club.:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jackyork wrote: »
    So Rob ! Are you saying Cellino is doing a decent job as owner of our club.:p

Just to add.............I think Cellino is doing exactly what was needed at our club and long may that continue.:)
  • Options
    CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    Just to add.............I think Cellino is doing exactly what was needed at our club and long may that continue.:)

Agreed, he's been a breath of fresh air, he's clearly made some mistakes (e.g. Hockaday) but overall I think we're definitely moving in the right direction. The key thing is that the team on the pitch seems to be improving, both in terms of performances and attitude.

It's great to see so many young, ambitious players lining up for us now who really seem to have bought in to the ethos of the club already - a massive chance compared to what we've had in recent years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Coen wrote: »
    Agreed, he's been a breath of fresh air, he's clearly made some mistakes (e.g. Hockaday) but overall I think we're definitely moving in the right direction. The key thing is that the team on the pitch seems to be improving, both in terms of performances and attitude.

It's great to see so many young, ambitious players lining up for us now who really seem to have bought in to the ethos of the club already - a massive chance compared to what we've had in recent years.

Good to hear you think the same Coen, The club was rotten from top to bottom before Cellino arrived.

What's the bet that female judge in Italy (who's report we are waiting on) will use every word in the dictionary on Cellino......bar the one important word.............'DISHONEST'.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good to hear you think the same Coen, The club was rotten from top to bottom before Cellino arrived.

What's the bet that female judge in Italy (who's report we are waiting on) will use every word in the dictionary on Cellino......bar the one important word.............'DISHONEST'.:D

I get the feeling it could be some time before we see any sort of written statement from the Italian judge, Cellino certainly seems to be fairly relaxed about it....he probably knows exactly what's going on behind the scenes. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Totally uninspired by this appointment feel it's another cheap option,. Cellino banging on about
    His success, 9 titles, which is in the Austrian league, on a par with spl, not.done deal.yet but it's going to Happen

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29292258:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Totally uninspired by this appointment feel it's another cheap option,. Cellino banging on about
    His success, 9 titles, which is in the Austrian league, on a par with spl, not.done deal.yet but it's going to Happen

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29292258:confused:

It's a risky appointment, I'm sure lots of Leeds fans would have preferred a proven Championship manager but I don't think that was ever going to happen. We were never going to get someone like Steve Clark, Sabella or some of the other high profile names who have been linked in recent weeks.

But it's also an appointment which, to me, is completely in line with the approach Cellino has been taking to recruitment in general. On the playing side he's been bringing in players who are largely unknown over here but are young, talented and ambitious. Because of this are seemingly not expecting massive wages to come here but are happy to work on the basis that if they're successful they will be rewarded via bonuses etc. The sort of players who don't have much of a reputation at the moment but are looking build that reputation with us.

This sort of approach will always mean some element of risk, and with Hockaday he clearly got it completely wrong. But Milanic is in a completely different league to Hockaday in terms of his playing and managerial experience and he's a young, ambitious manager.

I was dubious about Cellino's approach as well to start with but on the playing side it looks to be working out pretty well so far, so I'm willing to give Milanic a chance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I read this on my phone earlier and was going to post it when I got home so cheers for that. An interesting, if somewhat worrying, read.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I read this on my phone earlier and was going to post it when I got home so cheers for that. An interesting, if somewhat worrying, read.
    Thing is cellino ****ed up with village green.manager, not that he will ever admit that
    And players wouldn't. Play fir him.either, but someone who won.Austrian league in.a par with SPL doesn't inspire me with that much.confidence either, wow stram gratz, qualified to play in.champions league, from.league that barnsley./Huddersfield probably could as,well
    Time will tell I suppose but team are,in.form so.maybe it will help who knows,bit this.is LUFC so anything possible I.guess
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thing is cellino ****ed up with village green.manager, not that he will ever admit that
    And players wouldn't. Play fir him.either, but someone who won.Austrian league in.a par with SPL doesn't inspire me with that much.confidence either, wow stram gratz, qualified to play in.champions league, from.league that barnsley./Huddersfield probably could as,well
    Time will tell I suppose but team are,in.form so.maybe it will help who knows,bit this.is LUFC so anything possible I.guess

The same dribble was being when we signed Doukara, Silvestre and Antenucci ( the standard of players in Div 1+2 are better than Serie B players) has proved way off the mark. You or I have no idea if this guy is good.....at least give him a chance.

Neil Warnock and Brian MC-useless were supposedly proven Championship managers.....look what they achieved at the club.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looks like the issue of the court ruling is back, apparently the judge actually issued the written judgement back in July but the Football League didn't think to ask for a copy.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/24/massimo-cellino-leeds-reign-threat-tax-evasion-ruling

Who knows where this leaves us but Cellino's camp seem to be arguing that because the ruling is still subject to appeal then there isn't a final outcome until the appeals process is exhausted. Which could take some time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looks like the issue of the court ruling is back, apparently the judge actually issued the written judgement back in July but the Football League didn't think to ask for a copy.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/24/massimo-cellino-leeds-reign-threat-tax-evasion-ruling

Who knows where this leaves us but Cellino's camp seem to be arguing that because the ruling is still subject to appeal then there isn't a final outcome until the appeals process is exhausted. Which could take some time.
    Rumours, are around tonight that adryan hadn't featured because he has issues regrading his work permits, but he been.on.bench for last few games
    Surely we wouldn't put player on.bench.who.can't legally play would we :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member

Also heard in July 2015 that conviction is spent, hopefully the appeal process will go on long after then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Know rival championship clubs moaning not forgetting our lovely friend on talk sport adrain Durham (its Saturday 1215 Leeds must be on TV), say why are Leeds on sky so much , but when you get rival say things like this tells you why

http://m.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united-the-giants-of-yorkshire-says-rotherham-united-boss-evans-1-6898296
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Know rival championship clubs moaning not forgetting our lovely friend on talk sport adrain Durham (its Saturday 1215 Leeds must be on TV), say why are Leeds on sky so much , but when you get rival say things like this tells you why

http://m.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united-the-giants-of-yorkshire-says-rotherham-united-boss-evans-1-6898296

Adrian Durham is a ginger C--t......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to tonight's game gonna be tough one , as long as it doesn't end up like our last south Yorkshire visit on Friday night on sky then I be happy , :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to tonight's game gonna be tough one , as long as it doesn't end up like our last south Yorkshire visit on Friday night on sky then I be happy , :o

God yes, Can't afford Sky any more. Listening on Radio Leeds Still it's still 1-1 at the moment.

Edit: As I pressed 'send' Rotherham scored. >:(>:(>:(>:( 2-1 to them. >:(