Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 2)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,738
Administrator
Born lippy wrote: »
Dr Carter: From E.R. to E.T.

This thread is a continuation of: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1155312&page=177

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I was wrong about the GCSE thing on Monday, but the continuity is still all messed up (as usual).

In Monday's episodes, there were a few references to Sophie, Sian and Chesney getting their GCSE results "tomorrow", Owen also asked Eileen what she was doing "on Thursday". (Originally I thought this was a mistake, because GCSE results are usually on Thursdays, but they were on Tuesday this year.)

Today, we saw Sophie getting her results. So, it must be Tuesday. But wait ... it's also Thursday, because Owen and Eileen are off on their date! The crazy timeshifts of Weatherfield strike again!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not only the Weatherfield time zones that shift - We have been shifted too. :eek::eek:
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    From the old thread post

What's even more confusing is that the little boy who plays him has a huuuge scab on his elbow, so I thought he'd hurt that - then he randomly sat up and rubbed his head!?

And also, yeah, why did Dawn have Kylie as listed at a place she was squatting at? In fact, how did she find her in the first place since she's of no fixed abode? She'd be a bloody cheeky squatter to register on the electoral register

Also - why didn't Sophie go look after the kids and Sian stay in the shop? She locked up the shop with all the flowers left outside and then Sian went over to the house?? And where's Ashley? The butcher's can't have been open - it was the early evening - the kids were in bed when Clurrr got back.

Sophie did look after the kids.
    We didn't see the shop, so we don't know if Sian did or didn't bring the flowers in.
    Ashley was off somewhere getting his dinner and staying out from under Clair's feet, somewhere with poor mobile reception or maybe turned it off.
    He was instructed to get his tea and lunch elsewhere at lunchtime.
  • teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
    Forum Member
    Horray - thread 2 :D
    I'm about to re-watch tonight's episode (was semi-occupied earlier) so I may be back with more SOR.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really don't understand the Kylie thing. As someone already pointed out, Becky got the address from Kylie's file. But surely to get the reference, they would have had to visit her or write to her at that very address. She wasn't living there, and the pilot had no idea who she was, so the whole thing makes no sense.
  • RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sophie did look after the kids.
    We didn't see the shop, so we don't know if Sian did or didn't bring the flowers in.
    Ashley was off somewhere getting his dinner and staying out from under Clair's feet, somewhere with poor mobile reception or maybe turned it off.
    He was instructed to get his tea and lunch elsewhere at lunchtime.

I know she did - that wasn't my point, I was asking why Sian didn't stay in the shop to serve rather than going to Dev's with Sophie and closing the shop. We saw her lock up with the flowers outside.
  • Mystery ManMystery Man Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a coffee table right next to the sofa, so perhaps the kid was supposed to have hit his head on that?

Knowing Corrie these days, Simon will be eventually be arrested for attempting to murder the other kid, and will end up in a cell with Tracieluv!
  • stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well tracey is his step auntie so keep it in the family

there was meant to be a child abuse storyline involving Simon which I'm glad didn't happen
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daft post software, cant edit my own post so I have to reply to myself :confused:

anyway sian when to the peacocks, not Dev's (which considering is next to the shop it took a while for clare to get there)

and when did we see sian lock the shop and leave the flowers outside :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ooh dear Adi's unconscious

he can still move his arms though :confused:

he bashed his head last night if he was concussed he'd have lost consciousness long before now
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Knowing Corrie these days, Simon will be eventually be arrested for attempting to murder the other kid, and will end up in a cell with Tracieluv!

I do hope so:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    What I'm confused about is how Sophie was supposed to be 15 years old, born in November 1994 but the producers made her a year older in order to fit in with the lesbian storyline...
    So if she's supposed to be born in November 1993, that would fit in with just getting her GCSE results and make her 16 years old, but in tonight's episode Hayley mentioned the fact that Sophie is still 15??

Is this just me being stupid?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Addi was shown in 3 different positions while unconscious!
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stevepjk wrote: »
    ooh dear Adi's unconscious

he can still move his arms though :confused:

he bashed his head last night if he was concussed he'd have lost consciousness long before now

Bad continuity there with Adi lying on his front when Sunita tried to rouse him, then when she went to get the phone Adi was lying on his side with his arm under him then, in a blink of an eye, he was on his front again
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can a Pastor agree for all of his choir (about 30 people) to be available to sing at a wedding with only 3 days notice. Bank Holiday weekend as well. He didn't check with anybody or even ring her back. He agreed on the spot!

Perhaps he can come and organise the BBQ I am arranging for Monday, getting 5 couples together has been a nightmare!!!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    amysmum wrote: »
    How can a Pastor agree for all of his choir (ablut 30 people) to be available to sing at a wedding with only 3 days notice. Bank Holiday weekend as well. He didn't check with anybody or even ring her back. He agreed on the spot!

But it's Wednesday, not Friday, because it's the day after GCSE results. But atually no, it's Friday, because it's also the day after Owen and Eileen's Thursday night date. But actually ... oh, forget it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would Kylie really make a Vicar of Dibley reference? I hate it when the writing seems totally wrong for the character - it jars a lot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Until about a month ago, Violet didn't want to know Sean. Now we're supposed to believe that, because she has a stomach bug, she's on the phone to Sean asking him to get on a train from Manchester to London? Ludicrous.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hang on, just over a year ago, wasn't the Peacocks house, on the other side of the street, going for somewhere in the £50,000's Now Eileen's landlord wants £80,000 for a pokey little terrace. Is Weatherfield the only place in the country where house prices are rising???
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I'm confused about is how Sophie was supposed to be 15 years old, born in November 1994 but the producers made her a year older in order to fit in with the lesbian storyline...
    So if she's supposed to be born in November 1993, that would fit in with just getting her GCSE results and make her 16 years old, but in tonight's episode Hayley mentioned the fact that Sophie is still 15??

Is this just me being stupid?

you're right Sophie is 15, 16 in October so should not take her GCSEs until next year

bit daft changing the birthdate of a character born on the street, they did it to make her Chesney's age when he first came into it, rather than doing the logical thing of making Chez a year younger :confused:

quite why they can't just wait a year and have Sophie get her GCSEs and become a lesbian is beyond me, they're not very pacient are they, next thing we'll have Peter getting his pension, Simon reaching puberty and Freddie starting school
  • desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand this thing with Kylie. If Becky had left home when Kylie was 8 yeras old, why are the social services getting in touch with her? How would she know what sort of person Becky is now? And why would Social Services be taking her word for anything/ Kylie is homeless, jobless and probably has a criminal record. They may just as well asked Richard Hillman for a reference. The adoption is a stupid s/l altogether and this Kylie is a nasty, skanky trollop like her elder sibling. I am so tired with teenager troublemakers in all soaps, theyre just boring.
  • laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand this thing with Kylie. If Becky had left home when Kylie was 8 yeras old, why are the social services getting in touch with her? How would she know what sort of person Becky is now? And why would Social Services be taking her word for anything/ Kylie is homeless, jobless and probably has a criminal record. They may just as well asked Richard Hillman for a reference. The adoption is a stupid s/l altogether and this Kylie is a nasty, skanky trollop like her elder sibling. I am so tired with teenager troublemakers in all soaps, theyre just boring.

BIB: Neither do I, it's crazy :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    amysmum wrote: »
    Hang on, just over a year ago, wasn't the Peacocks house, on the other side of the street, going for somewhere in the £50,000's Now Eileen's landlord wants £80,000 for a pokey little terrace. Is Weatherfield the only place in the country where house prices are rising???

As far as I recall, it was more like the £100k mark, if not a bit more. Wasn't the original Webster house worth around that amount, and the Peacock house worth around £125k?

And that's got to be more than a year ago now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doctor: "It must have been a fair spill, given the nature of the trauma."

Yep, a gentle roll off the couch will do that to you.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone notice that Dev had different colour trousers on from leaving the street in his car to arriving at the hospital?

Surely he didn't go home to change whilst rushing to the hospital.
This discussion has been closed.