The Girl with 7 Mums Channel 5 9pm

AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is anyone watching this? I'm reserving judgement of it for the moment.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should a man with many wives have a separate penis for each one ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just turned on and adverts already!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's actually on Channel 5. :)
  • AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oops shall change the channel title..thanks Nine :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just turned on and adverts already!

It looks like one of the mums, that has left the family, has grassed up the families living arrangement.
  • owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    Andagha wrote: »
    Is anyone watching this? I'm reserving judgement of it for the moment.

Same here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks like one of the mums, that has left the family, has grassed up the families living arrangement.

Have they said what part of the country they live in?
  • yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They all seem happy enough. Whatever works for them. As an athiest, the whole vision thing seems a bit ridiculous, but hey it's a great excuse for having 7 wives.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have they said what part of the country they live in?

East Sussex..on a farm
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    owllover wrote: »
    Same here.

It reminds me of the programme that was made in America something Big Love where the guy had four wives..
  • IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    I too turned on and got adverts. The exuberant girl - whose birth mother is hers?

Otherwise, if they're all happy, I can't see the problem. Unless my taxes are supporting them, of course......
  • owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    I saw this interview. I thought the wives seemed a bit subdued.

I'm impressed by this young girl's intelligence.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iphigenia wrote: »
    I too turned on and got adverts. The exuberant girl - whose birth mother is hers?

I think it's the woman with the over curly hair. But I find it weird that the girl is sort of telling it to us.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh just been reading up on them and it looks like another wife has left him after they finished filming this - Karyn. So it looks like it isn't the happy family situation that he is trying to portray.
    Forum Member
    I think it's the woman with the over curly hair. But I find it weird that the girl is sort of telling it to us.

She's beginning to grate on me a bit. "When I grow up, mummy says I'm going to be a proper little madam......"
    Maybe the other children are all younger but no-one else gets much of a look in.
  • MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How have they got 5 months behind with the mortgage? There's plenty of adults there to earn a crust while one or two look after the kids.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's beginning to grate on me a bit. "When I grow up, mummy says I'm going to be a proper little madam......"
    Maybe the other children are all younger but no-one else gets much of a look in.

I can't believe she's only 10..she's very precocious for 10yrs old I think.

I was thinking the other children don't get that much from their father, he does seem to favour Ellie more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe she's only 10..she's very precocious for 10yrs old I think.

I was thinking the other children don't get that much from their father, he does seem to favour Ellie more.

Yes: "I don't want to lose my innocence, I think sometimes we actually have to go out there.... and experience it."
    :eek:
    What kind of 10 year old talks like that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MargMck wrote: »
    How have they got 5 months behind with the mortgage? There's plenty of adults there to earn a crust while one or two look after the kids.

The money problems alerted me. Could they think the solution be to sell themselves and, in particular, their daughter to publicity? Beliefs out of the window? Not coming over well imo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm found this..looks like they are running away.
    As the family prepare to sell their farm in Whatlington after being hit hard by the recession, Philip is planning to move them all to Crete for a three-month trial, where they will live off the income from his transport-hiring business.
    “There’s been a lot of pressure on us of late, so we need this break,” he says.
    Forum Member
    Two kids desperate to go to school but he says no. I'm getting more uncomfortable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two kids desperate to go to school but he says no. I'm getting more uncomfortable.

I'm finding it more and more uncomfortable, especially after hearing this "child" saying what she says. She is the same age as my foster niece and she is a child still..gods forbid she grew up too fast like Ellie on here.

I think the father is kind of having his cake and eating it..or having his own cult..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, this is really weird.

Interesting prayer: "Thank you for these woman who are responders." He sees himself as a God and the daughter thinks he is a prophet from God, telling them what God wants.:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My word, has this child been brainwashed or what? :eek:
  • yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    omg the father transferred care of the baby from one mother to another? That's so controlling.