Do you ever get a sort of clicking in your throat

_Magnum__Magnum_ Posts: 215
Forum Member
When you lay on one side in your bed? sometimes when I lay on my left side I get a clicking noise in my throat but it goes away when I lie on my right side.

Its strange.

Comments

• venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get that too, it can be quite annoying as it's always when I'm trying to sleep. I have no idea what causes it. I did wonder if it was smoking related but I stopped ten months ago and still get it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might be gas escaping.
  • michael37michael37 Posts: 2,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many people are unable to burp when lying down (it's actually quite difficult), so instead the gas very gradually makes its way out without us being aware of it. Sometimes this caused bubbles in the throat that can make a noise when they burst.

If you also get a lot of heartburn or indigestion you should see your GP as you may have reflux.

Another possile cause is you tongue moving against the soft pallette as you breath, this is perfectly normal but some people become aware of the faint sound that it makes this is more common in heavy snorers in whom the sound is often a little louder.
  • _Magnum__Magnum_ Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    I get that too, it can be quite annoying as it's always when I'm trying to sleep. I have no idea what causes it. I did wonder if it was smoking related but I stopped ten months ago and still get it.

I smoke though not heavily.

Its well annoying.
  • _Magnum__Magnum_ Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    michael37 wrote: »
    Many people are unable to burp when lying down (it's actually quite difficult), so instead the gas very gradually makes its way out without us being aware of it. Sometimes this caused bubbles in the throat that can make a noise when they burst.

If you also get a lot of heartburn or indigestion you should see your GP as you may have reflux.

Another possile cause is you tongue moving against the soft pallette as you breath, this is perfectly normal but some people become aware of the faint sound that it makes this is more common in heavy snorers in whom the sound is often a little louder.

I do but not a lot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh! It isn't just me then! Thank god for that!
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get that too.