UK Prison Staff on Strike

welshkidwelshkid Posts: 2,192
Forum Member
✭✭✭
There is still very little about this at the moment.

Main Points:
  • 24 Hour Strike started at 7am this morning
  • There is no real indication what is happening inside the jails this at the moment
  • The political system (on summer holidays at the moment), seems to have been caught out by this strike
  • One of the only official reaction has been from a Justice Ministry Spokesperson who has called the strike "illegal"
This could be a very interesting political day...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Illegal strike ... fire them all, I say replace them with Polish immigrations ... we finally, finally, have a good use for them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    Weren't the police murmuring about their no strike agreement a few months ago?

That really would be interesting.
  • 5th Horseman5th Horseman Posts: 10,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As the strike is apparently illegal can all the officers be sent to jail? :D
  • NEIL J JONESNEIL J JONES Posts: 7,115
    Forum Member
    It appears they are taking a leaf out of the royal mails book and striking for fun.

Maggie spent years crushing the unions to stop things like this happening only for this goverment to take us back to the old times.
  • KoalaKoala Posts: 6,082
    Forum Member
    This is going to cost US, the taxpayers, a lot of money.
    Prisoners will have to slop out, and that is against some European law about Human Rights.

And of course the prisoners all got paid for this affront to their dignity not so long ago.............:mad:
  • GeegGeeg Posts: 23,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not UK wide, it is only England and Wales.
  • Trojan_JockeyTrojan_Jockey Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It appears they are taking a leaf out of the royal mails book and striking for fun.

Maggie spent years crushing the unions to stop things like this happening only for this goverment to take us back to the old times.

Every day they strike is a loss of wages. How are they striking for fun?
    Forum Member
    Every day they strike is a loss of wages.

Their loss not mine, but the average man in the street who runs a business and is losing money due to Royal Mail strikes is not very happy.

They wont get nowhere striking and are alienating the UK public.

Its about time the Royal mail were shown the door and a more up to date postal service introduced.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their loss not mine, but the average man in the street who runs a business and is losing money due to Royal Mail strikes is not very happy.

They wont get nowhere striking and are alienating the UK public.

Its about time the Royal mail were shown the door and a more up to date postal service introduced.

I'm still waiting for you to explain how they are striking for fun.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Think you will find there have been less strikes under this Government than there were under the Tories.

At least I have been able to throw all my candles away.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a more up to date postal service introduced.

You mean something more modern than paper through letterboxes?
  • coshamcosham Posts: 5,875
    Forum Member
  • kibblerokkibblerok Posts: 1,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Royal Mail system has worked for years, workers were given a good pay and we were given a superior and cheap postal service. Post before 9am, cheaper than most of Europe and highly reliable.
    Forum Member
    kibblerok wrote: »
    The Royal Mail system has worked for years, workers were given a good pay and we were given a superior and cheap postal service. Post before 9am, cheaper than most of Europe and highly reliable.

The post dont turn up here until after midday, first class mail only arrives occasionally next day, total joke, it needs overhauling and a new postal method invented.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The post dont turn up here until after midday, first class mail only arrives occasionally next day, total joke, it needs overhauling and a new postal method invented.
    He/she is probably having a problem getting through to you because of all the riots and shootings in the streets, it's a bugger but they are doing their best in these troubled times.
  • coshamcosham Posts: 5,875
    Forum Member
    I think the reason that the mail arrives late these days,is that after scrapping the second post,they deliver the mail later so that you get the mail,that would have been in the second delivery at the same time.
    This of course is only my theory.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cosham wrote: »
    I think the reason that the mail arrives late these days,is that after scrapping the second post,they deliver the mail later so that you get the mail,that would have been in the second delivery at the same time.
    This of course is only my theory.

Business mail now takes priority. Businesses are promised delivery by 9am, which is why household mail is often delivered later.