Kate Bush - Before The Dawn

Comments

• PoppySeedPoppySeed Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone on the SCD thread thinks it could be the Puppini Sisters version, which could lend itself to ballroom, having just checked it out.
  • WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    The subject was how many people actually listen/understand the lyrics of songs.
    The danger is that people generalise from their own experience,

Quoting a sentence in isolation like that removes context and could mean anything,

Also you may suggest it is just music. But often that music has a bit of politics in it.
    Some of the songs in that post being examples.
    Is a song about the dangers of nuclear war not in some way political?

You bemuse me a great deal.
  • daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PoppySeed wrote: »
    Someone on the SCD thread thinks it could be the Puppini Sisters version, which could lend itself to ballroom, having just checked it out.
    I was hoping that .. but I think they've confirmed it's Kate's version :(
  • droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i've just spotted that the confetti is selling on ebay now. We were sitting near the front and my daughter has loads of it - she's making Christmas cards with it.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone heard any rumblings about the DVD/Bluray?

In other news my merchandise is on it's way. Yay! Now to find a frame for the poster.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I saw this thread revival I thought for a second she was going to do it again! :D:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where is the DVD!?!? *getting nervous*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the Homeground forums, someone has posted info that the man who directed the Running Up That Hill music video is directing the DVD, which Kate seems to be calling a film.

So it's happening for sure, just Kate's taking her time with it. Personally, I predict an Easter release.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Popbitch says Kate has sold her house in Reading.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wuthering wrote: »
    On the Homeground forums, someone has posted info that the man who directed the Running Up That Hill music video is directing the DVD, which Kate seems to be calling a film.

So it's happening for sure, just Kate's taking her time with it. Personally, I predict an Easter release.

That sounds promising. I was thinking about it.. I wonder if she's going to combine the live performance stuff with a lot more additional artistic elements. For example animations. So rather than us just watching Kate live we also get to see a lot of things that perhaps she couldn't do on stage but would work on a TV. Also when she was in the water.. in theory she could show us the original footage rather than us watching it on the screen behind the stage. So theres a lot of potential there for her to make the DVD something quite magical.

I hope there's some behind the scenes stuff too and showing them planning the show etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you all seen the coverage of Kate at the Evening Standards Theatre Awards? I thought she looked stunning and I am so delighted she's being recongised for the amazing artist she is. Her speech was lovely, she seemed so happy.

I really hope all the fuss we're making of her and the fact she appears to genuinely love it may encourage her to perform just a little more often than she has done over the last 35 years. It's great to see her out and about more over these last few years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe she didn't know that we all love her to death!! ... or most of us anyway :D ... she seemed so genuinely overwhelmed by the response.

And yes ... she looked a-maz-ing!! Well deserved award .. first of many I should think/hope.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great stuff! I hope Kate continues to get her confidence back. Life is so much better when she's part of it!
  • Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want a DVD so bad. I didn't go to the live shows (I'm kinda a "new casual" fan) but admire her in every way
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wuthering wrote: »
    Have you all seen the coverage of Kate at the Evening Standards Theatre Awards? I thought she looked stunning and I am so delighted she's being recongised for the amazing artist she is. Her speech was lovely, she seemed so happy.

I really hope all the fuss we're making of her and the fact she appears to genuinely love it may encourage her to perform just a little more often than she has done over the last 35 years. It's great to see her out and about more over these last few years.

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXw7zox20dA

Yep it could be the start of another really creative period for her. I hope so. She looks full of confidence and what was special is she mentioned how every night the audience drove her forward and filled everyone with energy and made it special. That's what the audience felt too. And that's rare in live music. Yes there are "special gigs" when you feel there is a really good vibe and the performer(s) feed off that. But for Kate to feel it every single night is a tribute to how many people love her.
  • babeloguebabelogue Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, rumours are that a triple CD/double DVD/triple vinyl package of Before the Dawn is due to be released late March/early April time.

This has come from a news source in Australia, who apparently got it from the release schedule for Warner Music Australia. This is the same source that knew 50 Words for Snow was coming before anyone else did, so it looks kind of promising.

Hopefully official confirmation from Kate herself won't be too long :)
  • Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    babelogue wrote: »
    So, rumours are that a triple CD/double DVD/triple vinyl package of Before the Dawn is due to be released late March/early April time.

This has come from a news source in Australia, who apparently got it from the release schedule for Warner Music Australia. This is the same source that knew 50 Words for Snow was coming before anyone else did, so it looks kind of promising.

I'd better start saving then. I can see that vinyl set coming in at the thick end of £50.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd better start saving then. I can see that vinyl set coming in at the thick end of £50.

I think you're right! I'm hoping for a triple CD/double DVD deluxe combo.

I reckon this could give Kate her first number one album since The Whole Story in 86. Surely everyone who went to the shows will want a recording of it; 80,000 copies sold in the first week on sale?
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you're right! I'm hoping for a triple CD/double DVD deluxe combo.

I reckon this could give Kate her first number one album since The Whole Story in 86. Surely everyone who went to the shows will want a recording of it; 80,000 copies sold in the first week on sale?

I don't know. Live albums are never normally best sellers. It's usually the die hard fans who buy them. Not every single person who went to the concert will buy it, so no, 80,000 won't be sold in one week. DVD concerts are always normally best sellers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know. Live albums are never normally best sellers. It's usually the die hard fans who buy them. Not every single person who went to the concert will buy it, so no, 80,000 won't be sold in one week. DVD concerts are always normally best sellers.

I'd normally agree, but the concerts have had such wide publicity and rave reviews, I could see a lot of casual buyers picking up a copy to see what the fuss was about. Also, maybe a lot of people who were Kate fans back in the day, but haven't bought her recent albums or been to the concerts, would also buy a copy for nostalgia reasons.
  • lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member

Was just about to post this! I'm so so SO excited :D And just in time for my birthday too :D

It seems legit and the triple vinyl is too irresistible. The artwork/packaging will be amazing!

I think if Kate released an EP of a few songs like she did in 1979 it could do very well on the charts. The DVD will sell VERY well. Ahhhhh so exciting!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lewiep93 wrote: »
    Was just about to post this! I'm so so SO excited :D And just in time for my birthday too :D

It seems legit and the triple vinyl is too irresistible. The artwork/packaging will be amazing!

I think if Kate released an EP of a few songs like she did in 1979 it could do very well on the charts. The DVD will sell VERY well. Ahhhhh so exciting!

I know, can't wait to watch it and relive those memories! 3rd of September seems like such a long time ago now :)
  • lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    I know, can't wait to watch it and relive those memories! 3rd of September seems like such a long time ago now :)

Oh my god you went on the 3rd of September too? So did I! :o:D Small world isn't it?!

There's so much I want to see again, the triple vinyl is the one that's intriguing me the most.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lewiep93 wrote: »
    Oh my god you went on the 3rd of September too? So did I! :o:D Small world isn't it?!

There's so much I want to see again, the triple vinyl is the one that's intriguing me the most.

Small world indeed! I was sat in stalls, row J, seat 7.

The vinyl will be lovely. She's really gone all out on the artwork for her last few albums, so I'd imagine she'll do the same for this.
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    daziechain wrote: »
    Where is the DVD!?!? *getting nervous*

Don't be nervous. The DVD will arrive when KB thinks it is ready, and not before. We should all be used to this methodology. Personally, I think it bodes well. Anyone subject to that much love and enthusiasm would surely find it inspirational. Inspiration = new music, possibly even a Before the Dawn album to go alongside the concert stuff. Just a thought, but a nice one.

"I just know that something good is going to happen." :)