I don't know what's wrong with my iPad.

attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi, I've had my iPad for nearly 2 years now & was using it this morning. I then came home & it wouldn't switch on. Nothing seems to be happening. It also isn't charging, it's dead practically.

Can anyone help me with this?

Comments

• Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    attitude99 wrote: »
    Hi, I've had my iPad for nearly 2 years now & was using it this morning. I then came home & it wouldn't switch on. Nothing seems to be happening. It also isn't charging, it's dead practically.

Have you tried plugging it in to your computer? Also are you sure your charger is working? Could just be a flat battery.
  • attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you tried plugging it in to your computer? Also are you sure your charger is working? Could just be a flat battery.

Not through the computer just charging it from the plug socket. But it doesn't seem to be doing anything.
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Not through the computer just charging it from the plug socket. But it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Try n alternative charger or try it off a USB port on your PC. You could also try the old reset

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201412
  • James30James30 Posts: 5,196
    Forum Member
    When the battery is flat, you need a 10 minute charge before the screen shows the apple logo and the machine starts up.
  • QuackersQuackers Posts: 4,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you get no where at all with it, just go to your nearest Apple Store's genius bar and they should be helpful.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    Quackers wrote: »
    If you get no where at all with it, just go to your nearest Apple Store's genius bar and they should be helpful.

Remember to phone ahead and book a slot. They no doubt will be very busy at the moment.
  • zapodzapod Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try the reset as outlined on this page here.
  • SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    Mine has just started doing this. It looks as thought the connector is no longer making good contact and needs to be slotted fully and completely home before the battery icon switches to indicate charging. Since it was new all it's needed was the plug to be casually plugged in; now it needs to be fully in.
  • ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    My mate's did this. A reboot helped. No idea why it does this sometimes though.