Options

Determining free disk space

tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
Forum Member
With the latest software how does one find out how much free disk space there is. In the old days it appeared when you deleted a recording via the menu option.

Comments

• Options
    Big-lesBig-les Posts: 2,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tdenson wrote: »
    With the latest software how does one find out how much free disk space there is. In the old days it appeared when you deleted a recording via the menu option.

Menu > Record > HDD Control.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Big-les wrote: »
    Menu > Record > HDD Control.

Thanks, knew it must be somewhere. Bit obscure though, and also far too easy to inadvertently end up reformatting the disk (a couple of extra absent minded OKs with a sluggish remote control). The format option should be something you proactively navigate to rather than the default operation when doing something as innocuous as checking free disk space. What would be much nicer would be for it to report free space every time you delete a recording given that the only reason for deleting is because you are trying to free up space.
  • Options
    Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    also far too easy to inadvertently end up reformatting the disk (a couple of extra absent minded OKs with a sluggish remote control).

No; you need to enter the password. I do agree that the freespace should be displayed in various other places.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No; you need to enter the password. I do agree that the freespace should be displayed in various other places.

Sorry, I stand corrected. I nearly clicked OK just to see if there was further confirmation but was too afraid to. By the way I didn't even know I had a Humax password, haven't a clue what it is.
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I stand corrected. I nearly clicked OK just to see if there was further confirmation but was too afraid to. By the way I didn't even know I had a Humax password, haven't a clue what it is.

Default password is 0000 (Four Zeros)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By the way I didn't even know I had a Humax password, haven't a clue what it is.

How do you manage to do a Default Settings or even a re-scan, you need the password whenever you try to enter the Installation menu?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, knew it must be somewhere. Bit obscure though,

I'm used to looking at the available disk space in that location because that's where it is on the 8000 which I've had for a couple of years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How do you manage to do a Default Settings or even a re-scan, you need the password whenever you try to enter the Installation menu?

Never done a default Settings or re-scan
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never done a default Settings or re-scan

Well if you've got any strange problems with your reception or machine operation you will probably benefit from a re-scan at least. You should have done a Default Settings after updating to software v21. If you're happy with the way the machine is operating then leave well alone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well if you've got any strange problems with your reception or machine operation you will probably benefit from a re-scan at least. You should have done a Default Settings after updating to software v21. If you're happy with the way the machine is operating then leave well alone.
    Actually now you mention it I probably did do that and I suppose I guessed at 0000, or it prompted me for the default.