Leona Lewis - Glassheart

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've listened to most of the songs on youtube and I really like the sound of the album and I'm definitely buying it this weekend!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    Puterkid wrote: »
    I think Leona has failed to build and maintain a home fanbase. Only one UK tour in what must be 6 years is really poor form. Fans will fall away and latch onto other artists if the one they follow gives so little back.
    So she comes back with an album, which, whether it is good or not is irrelevant, as people don't care enough to buy it anyway.

Now she is doing a theatre tour, and I wonder how it is selling? I was going to go to my nearest, as I do like her voice, and am curious, but I won't pay £60 for a ticket! Does she think she's Rhianna:confused:

Actually I think artists like Leona have every right to charge £60. I would refuse to pay that much to see Rihanna, because whilst she may put on a decent show (not sure, never been to any of her shows) her live voice isn't pleasant to listen to.

With Leona, you know you're paying good money to hear amazing vocals and see a great show. Leona's live shows are worth every penny I think.
  • AmazingAmazing Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Riez wrote: »
    Actually I think artists like Leona have every right to charge £60. I would refuse to pay that much to see Rihanna, because whilst she may put on a decent show (not sure, never been to any of her shows) her live voice isn't pleasant to listen to.

With Leona, you know you're paying good money to hear amazing vocals and see a great show. Leona's live shows are worth every penny I think.

Will Young is brilliant live but he doesn't rip his fans off charging extortionate prices. Mind you he doesn't just tour once in 6 years either and is probably the main reason why he's the only artist from these shows who has maintained a healthy solid fan base.
    Forum Member
    Amazing wrote: »
    Will Young is brilliant live but he doesn't rip his fans off charging extortionate prices. Mind you he doesn't just tour once in 6 years either and is probably the main reason why he's the only artist from these shows who has maintained a healthy solid fan base.

I think it also depends on the venue though. For example I paid less than £50 for front row tickets at Newcastle City Hall to see Leona and I'm situated right in front of the stage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Riez wrote: »
    I think it also depends on the venue though. For example I paid less than £50 for front row tickets at Newcastle City Hall to see Leona and I'm situated right in front of the stage.

That's expensive as opposed to £35 at the same venue.
  • LeonalewisJfanLeonalewisJfan Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm seeing her in Cardiff :D
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope 'Lovebird' is the new single :)
  • my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona is a lucky girl to have a blockbuster hit on her album otherwise she would be toast.

She's also lucky to have a sugar daddy like Simon on her side.

As for Jake Bugg, well its hardly his fault he's heading for #1, the problem is Leonas sales are way too low not that his are too high.

His sales however, despite the #1 position, put him right on course to be dropped from his label.

that's the daftest post iv'e read in a long time. A new artist with a huge buzz about him who's album sits at 1 on the strength of word of mouth and the label are going to be looking to offload him?:o

Having listened to his album i expect the buzz will get louder and there's no reason to doubt the album will continue to do well for some time
  • Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    Leona's dropped below Mumfords on iTunes (both have regular and deluxe editions, and both of Mumfords' are ahead of Leona's).

So she'll be coming in at #3 this week, it seems.
  • BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr. Linus wrote: »
    Leona's dropped below Mumfords on iTunes (both have regular and deluxe editions, and both of Mumfords' are ahead of Leona's).

So she'll be coming in at #3 this week, it seems.

Album sales on Itunes have minimal effect.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    that's the daftest post iv'e read in a long time. A new artist with a huge buzz about him who's album sits at 1 on the strength of word of mouth and the label are going to be looking to offload him?:o

Having listened to his album i expect the buzz will get louder and there's no reason to doubt the album will continue to do well for some time

Couldn't agree more, why would he be dropped, load of tosh
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is seriously disastrous. Leona's dropped to 5. While Ferguson has jumped up to 2.

A top 3 charting on Sunday for Leona would have been acceptable but this?!?!?Seriously shocked, it's a fantastic album
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How on earth is it "disastrous"? The overreaction on this forum is hilariously odd. Charts slip and slide all the time. She hasn't stormed the chart like 'Spirit' did but why would it? Music has changed (in all aspects). She has two performances today which will put her back on the top spot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    She won't drop to #5 on the official chart though since she's been in the top2/3 for days and they only have 2 more days of sales to go.
    Forum Member
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    This is seriously disastrous. Leona's dropped to 5. While Ferguson has jumped up to 2.

A top 3 charting on Sunday for Leona would have been acceptable but this?!?!?Seriously shocked, it's a fantastic album

Leona has kept at a steady #2 all week until now, so chances are she'll still be within the top 3. Plus she has promotion today and tomorrow will be a good day for physical sales
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still loving this album. Listened to it about half a dozen times now. I think it's actually her best work...never thought I'd feel that way as I felt nothing could top Spirit, but she's really grown up with Glassheart.
  • BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robertfitz wrote: »

Are you confusing the Itunes sales chart with the real sales chart ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is Leona performing at 'Stand Up 2 Cancer' tonight? Is it the single 'Trouble'?
  • joaniponijoaniponi Posts: 4,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is Leona performing at 'Stand Up 2 Cancer' tonight? Is it the single 'Trouble'?

According to TV guides she is performing Run. It is a charity gig so not really for promoting Glassheart. The general feeling is that if she did sing a song from the album (which she probably won't if they have asked her to do Run) that it should be Fireflies. :)
  • johnboybetterjohnboybetter Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She charted #4 on the Irish charts.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    the album is growing on me...not as immediate as I expected.....Echo (***) was great but underrated and badly handled..it could have been better if the right songs were added and released.. ...(i.e. scene of the crime, I See You, Can`t Fight It (Ft Ne Yo) Spirit ) (****)
    Spirit was very good ...with amazing vocals and production.....Glassheart is good (***) after listening on repeat...

Singles for release

Europe & Australia

1. Glassheart
    2. Come alive
    3. Trouble
    4. Shake You Up
    5. Sugar

America

1. Glassheart
    2. Lovebird
    3. Shake You Up
    4. Trouble
    5. Sugar

Ps- why wasn’t the afrojack version of collide released over the single version? And surely a remastered studio version of scene of the crime would have been a fan fave and a great bonus track with buzz?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Lovebird' is just the best. Love love love it.
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a question... Why are you Leona fans so sensitive to other people...not being fans of her? I said she was boring and I've had 3 private messages in the past week. One was fairly polite and told me I was allowed to hate Alexandra Burke, but not Leona (how lovely), but the rest have been rather...rude and telling me to do inappropriate things to myself.
    I mean come on, calm down. I only said she was boring...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    I have a question... Why are you Leona fans so sensitive to other people...not being fans of her? I said she was boring and I've had 3 private messages in the past week. One was fairly polite and told me I was allowed to hate Alexandra Burke, but not Leona (how lovely), but the rest have been rather...rude and telling me to do inappropriate things to myself.
    I mean come on, calm down. I only said she was boring...

That is disgusting and shows you have hit a nerve.

Worrying times ahead for Leona. 3 performances yesterday and Glassheart falls on iTunes. Still I see they are wheeling her out on X Factor again tonight to mentor. Without this show she would be over.
  • Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing wrote: »
    That is disgusting and shows you have hit a nerve.

Worrying times ahead for Leona. 3 performances yesterday and Glassheart falls on iTunes. Still I see they are wheeling her out on X Factor again tonight to mentor. Without this show she would be over.

I actually think it's the show that's holding her back, it's as if she's exclusive to them. X Factor is getting such a bad rep and because she is so strongly associated with it she too is being tainted. Then theres the music 'snobs' that wont buy her album or play her songs on radio simply because she's from X Factor and all things X Factor is simply beneath them. Also if there was no X Factor her team might actually have done some work and put her on some higher profile shows such as the Graham Norton, an actual interview on Alan Carr and Jonathon Ross show. An appearance on Celeb Juice could help as it did wonders for Conor Maynards single.

I really hope they can turn this around and in late November/December she goes on a promotional blitz campaign and releases either Glassheart or Come Alive as a single. She should have either went on X Factor the week of the album release and not the single release week or waited until November when sales are high. Hope she can perform on X Factor again but not on the final as she'll probably get lost amongst all the other performers unless she's does something with a big production to catch attention and stand out.