Options

Celebdaq 2007: All things 'Daq Related

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,385
    Forum Member
    I've gone for Pauly. I better get some cash, fast...I've SUCKED at celebdaq the last week...I was capped, and after missing divs last week, day trading has just left me back at BELOW 10k! How embarrassing! :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just looking at PD's George Michael price is dropping quickly so before bed I now think I will go for him now
  • Options
    pelicanopelicano Posts: 6,055
    Forum Member
    I bought P o'G at £1.00 so I think I'll stick with that.
  • Options
    SWW (SWW)SWW (SWW) Posts: 23,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gazzy3d wrote: »
    just looking at PD's George Michael price is dropping quickly so before bed I now think I will go for him now

Great minds (again)... I'm switching to George just before midnight too :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With K Fed getting custody of the britney sprogs, do you think he is a good investment? Price is dropping just now, but as its breaking news people may not have realised to buy him up??

(I havent played for ages so be gentle with me folks as you all seem to be super duper good at the old daq and anticipating whats happening!!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cel_001 wrote: »
    With K Fed getting custody of the britney sprogs, do you think he is a good investment? Price is dropping just now, but as its breaking news people may not have realised to buy him up??

(I havent played for ages so be gentle with me folks as you all seem to be super duper good at the old daq and anticipating whats happening!!)

Spot on cel... imo

K-Fed gets temporary custody of the kids... game set and match?

The story is a BIGGIE... going to keep collecting on Paul O'Gee... until midnight...

Regards :)
  • Options
    I ObserverI Observer Posts: 2,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well spotted, I’m sure that most of the papers will cover that. However, it’s a risky one as the dividend for the story will be split between Kevin and Britney. Kevin is also quite far behind in this weeks list of dividend yields so the story would probably need a further development before Thursday, to make him a viable option this week. I could be wrong.
    :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've just taken a huge risk and sunk my Scrooge McDuck worth into K Fed. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow K-Fed 'bleeds' monies off of O'Gee and Louis?

What is Louis' story this week.... is his new show going to be aired later this week as well?

*pops off to Google :D*...

Nothing on Google :eek:.... where's he got the press exposure from???
  • Options
    deebdeeb Posts: 11,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the 05:00 charts were produced now, and everything was back to almost normal, they should show my 'Worth' as £4,627,453.61 with a weekly gain of about 970%.

This is in case anyone supects the Daq figures. :o

If I'd been 'capped, my gain will have been about 32% (because the previous 6 days of the millionaires' "rolling week" are all reset to 0% on Monday), therefore my gain since last Wednesday would have been calculated as the same as the gain since Monday morning ... 32%. This can grow quite rapidly compared to someone on 970%, already. It's easy to improve on a day last week when I gained 'nothing at all' - much harder to improve on a day last week when some celeb got a whopping PD update and everyone went for the same person. If I don't match that performance, my weekly gain will go down ... sometimes 300% lower.

Point is: the Daq problem upset the league positions for one day, only. The players to be 'capped were left with 'Worth' and %gains which were not updated since the day before (no point doing that usually because they would be reset to £10,000 and 0% a few minutes later).

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deeb wrote: »
    If the 05:00 charts were produced now, and everything was back to almost normal, they should show my 'Worth' as £4,627,453.61 with a weekly gain of about 970%.

This is in case anyone supects the Daq figures. :o
    daq_qaq £4,702,731 +1235.86% :eek:

*** Unfortunately, this is WRONG. *** :o:o:o

(It's calculated we cap-dodgers based on an 8-day week.) :rolleyes:

+1 vote for scrapping this week. :(:cry:

:o Sorry, the Daq Board Statement looks like it's correct.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With 4 dodgers in the DS Premier League, no wonder we're 2nd in the L-o-L, LOL ;):D

I can see the funny side of that. :)

In the real world, there's a ding-dong battle at the top of Div 3. :eek: :):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed, my weekly gain is also based on my value 8 days ago (£1M). I guess that ‘last weeks value’ to calculate the weekly gain, is stored in some sort of queue of 7 values. Then the 5am daily update removes and uses the oldest value in this queue, except on Monday when a player is to be kneecapped. The script that failed to kneecap, also failed to initialise this queue. Based on yesterday’s statement, us lucky cap-dodgers will have 8 values in our queue until we are successfully kneecapped next Monday.

This wouldn’t have happened in my day when we would have had some sort of recovery procedure. Although, to be fair, processes would tend to fail more often back then, compared to this post millennium reliable computing era. :rolleyes:

+1 vote for scrapping this week from me too. :cry:
    deeb wrote: »
    With 4 dodgers in the DS Premier League, no wonder we're 2nd in the L-o-L, LOL ;):D

:D Wooo Hooo for 2nd place in the League of League’s. Would anyone feel bad about going for a L-o-L’s medal on Friday? :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Grrrrrrrrrr I switched to G Michael when I went to bed at 10.30, and like a fool I did not check news before bed ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I think I made a massive mistake but will keep fingers crossed k feds pd's later today are only in the early 1's pounds :D
  • Options
    ElCantoDelLocoElCantoDelLoco Posts: 6,637
    Forum Member
    Gazzy3d wrote: »
    Grrrrrrrrrr I switched to G Michael when I went to bed at 10.30, and like a fool I did not check news before bed ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I think I made a massive mistake but will keep fingers crossed k feds pd's later today are only in the early 1's pounds :D

:D I went for George Michael at first, went to bed and told (non celebdaq playing) husband about it, and he said 'Are you mad? George Michael is yesterday's news - the K Fed story is huge!', so I got up at 5 to 12 and switched - I'm a bit worried now, as I can't see K Fed in the potential dividend page this morning...:eek:

So far, I've done way better this week than ever before (over 1000% growth :D) - just hope this isn't going to spoil it.....
  • Options
    tomorrowtomorrow Posts: 32,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whooooooo

Congrats IObserver on being #1 again!

Well done all those on the first page of the Players Charts!

As for Divis this week - I went for Louis T. But am concerned about K-Fed, but then again, the Daq Towers often incorrectly update PDs too.

I guess we find out the lucky guessers on Friday ....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This week has been ruined by the BBC web problem...

And it was going to be a superb week... with K-Fed and now the (confirmed) Eva Longoria sex-tape... all on top of Louis, Paul O'gee and others doing well...

Looks like my best bet is to trade up to a million asap and then freeze my account til Monday morning, giving me a chance to make good percentage next week...

I was sixth, with Elca seventh and Steven was flying before all the 'dodgers' came through.. I had been gunning for a supreme placing this week :(

the plus side is that we will probably grab top spot on the L-O-L on Friday? :)

Regards to all :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback peeps :)

Well I've went KFed, fingers crossed for an early promotion bid! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SWW (SWW) wrote: »
    Looks like my best bet is to trade up to a million asap and then freeze my account til Monday morning, giving me a chance to make good percentage next week...

That certainly is my plan for the week. ;)
    It is possible to work out what everyones % should be based on last Sunday's but better to not complicate things and just write this weeks promotions/relegations and points off I think. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: K-Fed is now going down, what do I do?? Is his divi going to justify holding him?? Hurry with the pd update please. :D;)

Edit: Wow that was quick, do you think the towers are watching, Arnie is back at the top of the yield pile.
  • Options
    ElCantoDelLocoElCantoDelLoco Posts: 6,637
    Forum Member
    If I decide that I messed up by going for K Fed, is it best to go for someone else and hang on to them to get as much dividend as possible, or just go back to day trading?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A switch to Arnie looks good in theory, but for some reason he has not been a popular buy on Celebdaq in the past.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Observer wrote: »
    A switch to Arnie looks good in theory, but for some reason he has not been a popular buy on Celebdaq in the past.

As we discussed last week...

I have taken all my K-Fed profit and switched to Arnie at over 200% part-divi payout on the switch today alone!!

I know he is not popular but that's good for me as it means I get a high Friday return but won't have my mid-week percentages overhyped next week?

Regards

BTW... what's your target... £140Million :eek: :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SWW (SWW) wrote: »
    As we discussed last week...

I have taken all my K-Fed profit and switched to Arnie at over 200% part-divi payout on the switch today alone!!

I know he is not popular but that's good for me as it means I get a high Friday return but won't have my mid-week percentages overhyped next week?

Regards

BTW... what's your target... £140Million :eek: :D

I was going for £100M but £140M looks good. :cool::D
    Why doesn't the FTSE work like this? :rolleyes: :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've decided that this is a bizarre week for me (given my Scrooge McDuck status, although my worth pales into insignificance compared to I Obs!! :eek: :D), so I'm just going to take risks and stick with K Fed. Don't let me down, Rat Boy....