Avril Lavigne - Goodbye Lullaby (Album Discussion)

musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
Forum Member
http://www.billboard.com/#/news/avril-lavigne-to-release-goodbye-lullaby-1004133903.story?tag=hpfeed

Avril's been a bit quiet for about three years but finally drops her fourth album titled "Goodbye Lullaby" with the lead single "What the hell" being premiered on Dick clark's new year's eve show at the end of this month.

Comments

• TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    I am SOOOOO excited about this album!!!! :D All I've heard about it sounds really promising, hopefully this will show how talented Avril really is after the disapointment (IMO) of her last album.

Incidentally, Avril has posted a message on her website stating that the reason she's been away so long is because her record label didn't like the direction she took with her music - it looks like they feel she needs more catchy pop songs. Glad to see she got her way in the end though, hopefully the result will be worth the wait! :cool:
  • TR252TR252 Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    Really can't wait for this, I think it's going to be a fantastic era in Avril's career. It will be a nice beak to hear some real instruments rather than all the electronic and dance pop thats about these days - which I'll admit I am a fan of! :)

She looks stunning on the album cover -

Avril.jpg
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Album cover is gorgeous. Will be great to see Avril back. Love all three of her albums and her last has become an all time fav.
  • Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I hope it's better than her last album.:(

I liked her second, it was really mature and showed us what she could have been, a sort of new Alanis Morissette when she got older.:)

But the album title is kind of shit. Messy Little Raindrops comes to mind.:(
    Forum Member
    I hope it's better than her last album.:(

I liked her second, it was really mature and showed us what she could have been, a sort of new Alanis Morissette when she got older.:)

It's sounding very promising. If you go to this thread:

http://www.avrilbandaids.com/forums/avril-underground/70859-fourth-album-tracklist.html

One of the members there has put together all the bits of information we know about the confirmed songs. I definitely think this could be a contender for her best album so far.
    Forum Member
    TR252 wrote: »
    It's sounding very promising. If you go to this thread:

http://www.avrilbandaids.com/forums/avril-underground/70859-fourth-album-tracklist.html

One of the members there has put together all the bits of information we know about the confirmed songs. I definitely think this could be a contender for her best album so far.

Hmmm, I'm tempted...

As I said on the Albums You Will Buy In 2011 Thread (or something to that effect), it'll be an expensive year.:D
    Forum Member
    Hmmm, I'm tempted...

As I said on the Albums You Will Buy In 2011 Thread (or something to that effect), it'll be an expensive year.:D

Haha, it certainly will!

My only worry is her first single, What The Hell. It seems like shes been forced to release this song by her record label. I hope it's a good one, she says its upbeat and fun. It has potential but it has to sell the album aswell. I'm much more excited about the songs that she has written and produced herself rather than this single. :)
    Forum Member
    Haha, it certainly will!

My only worry is her first single, What The Hell. It seems like shes been forced to release this song by her record label. I hope it's a good one, she says its upbeat and fun. It has potential but it has to sell the album aswell. I'm much more excited about the songs that she has written and produced herself rather than this single. :)

As long as it's not like Girlfriend I think she'll be OK.:p

And also, I hope she doesn't do the whole angsty teen thing again because, well, she's 26.:yawn::sleep:
    Forum Member
    As long as it's not like Girlfriend I think she'll be OK.:p

And also, I hope she doesn't do the whole angsty teen thing again because, well, she's 26.:yawn::sleep:

There is apparently no boy bashing songs which is great news :D
  • kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds very intriguing. Can't wait to hear it. She will need a monster lead single though, considering how long she has been away, and the current state of the market. Interesting also to hear that Avril wrote and produced 2 of the songs entirely on her own. She's really grown up now :)
  • sterock85sterock85 Posts: 465
    Forum Member
    All the info on the new album here:

http://www.avrillavigne.com/
    Forum Member
    There is apparently no boy bashing songs which is great news :D

Oh don't get me wrong, boy bashing is fine, as used to excellence by Alanis in You Oughta Know, Beyonce in If I Were A Boy and Britney in Womanizer.:D

OR Avril in Complicated.:)

Also, I said her last album was bad, but I do love the song When You're Gone.:)
    Forum Member
    kutox wrote: »
    Sounds very intriguing. Can't wait to hear it. She will need a monster lead single though, considering how long she has been away, and the current state of the market. Interesting also to hear that Avril wrote and produced 2 of the songs entirely on her own. She's really grown up now :)

Hopefully not another Christina Aguilera situation...:o:D
    Forum Member
    Oh don't get me wrong, boy bashing is fine, as used to excellence by Alanis in You Oughta Know, Beyonce in If I Were A Boy and Britney in Womanizer.:D

OR Avril in Complicated.:)

Also, I said her last album was bad, but I do love the song When You're Gone.:)

Yeah that's true, though sometimes Avril isn't the most mature when she does her boy bashing songs. :p And she has had alot of them, so I do think this album will be a well recieved change from that!

My favourite song from The Best Damn Thing is Innocence. Beautifully sung. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the album cover. It reminds me of My December by Kelly Clarkson. If this is anywhere near as good I will be very happy.
  • sterock85sterock85 Posts: 465
    Forum Member
    Songs confirmed so far with credits when available:

Darlin' (Lavigne) Produced by Deryck Whibley
    What The Hell (Lavigne, Martin, Schuster)
    Remember When (Lavigne)
    Smile (Lavigne, Martin, Schuster)
    Goodbye (Lavigne) produced by Lavigne
    4 Real (Lavigne) produced by Lavigne
    Wish You Were Here (Lavigne, Martin, Schuster)
    Everybody Hurt's
    Push
    Stop Standing There
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want a song like Slipped Away on the record.
    Forum Member
    lost-boy wrote: »

I think you may be in luck with that one to be honest. I'm hoping for the same :)
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,984
    Forum Member
    lost-boy wrote: »

I love that song, although it makes me cry.
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ajay14 wrote: »
    I love the album cover. It reminds me of My December by Kelly Clarkson. If this is anywhere near as good I will be very happy.

Funny you should say that I thought that too! Both in large dresses with Autumn leaves. My December was a very underrated album.

http://files.myopera.com/rsgrab/files/kelly_my%20december_3.jpg
  • y0david6y0david6 Posts: 4,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    musicdude wrote: »
    Album cover is gorgeous. Will be great to see Avril back. Love all three of her albums and her last has become an all time fav.

same here
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be interested to hear this. I loved her first two records, but did not like her third one at all.
    As someone else said, it will be nice to hear some guitar and instrument driven music instead of all the electro stuff.
  • umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having read a little bit about her forthcoming album i have to say i'm quite interested to give it a listen. I've never been a major fan of Avril Lavinge but you can't deny she has released some great songs such as: Complicated, Sk8r Boi, and I'm With You. Only time will tell if she still has what it takes to continue in the music industry.

The album cover looks really beautiful.
  • nhodkin147nhodkin147 Posts: 1,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That album cover's amazing. Can't wait 'til the album is released. Going to be great.
    I liked her last album. Really fun.
    My favourite is 'Under My Skin', however. :)
    Forum Member
    Has it been confirmed that Avril won't be on X Factor this weekend?

Avrilbandaids.com are reporting that she has been confirmed, but all I can seem to find is rumours! It would be fantastic publicity if she did perform even if she was only doing a duet with one of the contestants, but I doubt she will. :(