Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 14)

1116117118119120122»

Comments

• Options
    Mike TeeveeMike Teevee Posts: 35,574
    Forum Member
    programme amendments for w/e 24th October 2010 now on BARB website

interestingly (well maybe not) SCD Sat figure has been revised down by 0.1m. Also the case for a few other programme, but I can't remember which

I was only spot checking the data

enjoy :)
  • Options
    Steve WilliamsSteve Williams Posts: 11,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frost (rpt) - 2.9m
    Crimewatch - 4.65m
    The Family - 816k

Dunno if it's been mentioned here but the last two episodes of The Family are being flung out at 11pm next week. The last is ninety minutes long, I don't know where that was originally going to go.

A Touch of Frost did previously repeat well, I remember when the Beeb moved the news to ten in 2000, they took Peak Practice off Tuesday nights for two weeks to show Frost repeats instead to combat the new news. Presumably the ten million repeats in recent years means nobody's that bothered about yet another one.

The John Pilger rating is perhaps surprising as his documentaries always did really badly, William Phillips in Broadcast used to say that the opposition increased massively when his programmes were on. In 2000, they showed one on Monday night, 9.30-11pm, which unsurprisingly got next to nothing, they put an extra episode of The Bill on before it to give it a bit of a lead-in, but it meant BBC1's crap new sitcom Cry Wolf and Panorama got enormous audiences. That said, three months later a Ross Kemp drama, the one where he was a lawyer, also managed to be beaten by Panorama because it was so bad.
  • Options
    RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Frost repeat rating is shocking - even a repeat should do better than that.

As we saw at the weekend, BBC1 can get 4m+ for repeats of its flagship (or not) shows against the biggest shows on ITV!

MediaGuardian says ITV's only show to clear 3m ALL DAY was EmFm - that's embarrasing!

Strong repeat figure for Miranda after dropping on Monday night. Should be a 5m+ combined official figure. A good episode, with a cast of 3 in one room - the show goes from strength to strength and should be on BBC1.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MediaGuardian says ITV's only show to clear 3m ALL DAY was EmFm - that's embarrasing!

The ITV News at 6:30pm would have almost certainly had above 3m considering the Monday bulletin had above 4m.

Mistake by Media Guardian there I think.
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    very good for EE on BBC 3 considering there wasnt a clash with Emmerdale, despite fans fears EE is firing on all cylinders.
  • Options
    dave01dave01 Posts: 1,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rzt wrote: »
    Tuesday 15th December Roundup
    BBC One (inc. HD)
    19:00- The One Show: 5.09m (23.3%)
    19:30- EastEnders: 9.67m (41.5%)
    20:00- Holby City: 5.72m (24.7%)
    21:00- Crimewatch: 4.65m (20%)
    22:00- BBC News at Ten: 5.15m (25.3%)
    22:45- Imagine: 1.11m (9.6%)

BBC Three
    22:00- EastEnders: 1.16m (5.8%)

Very good rating and share for Eastenders last night for a pretty regular episode. No Tuesday, Thursday or Friday episodes were above 9 million overnights last December prior to Christmas Day, so this will surely bode well for the 2010 Christmas Day boost. Good to see Holby City make a quick recovery after dropping to 3.9 million last week too.
    Also that Crimewatch rating must be one of the highest in a while, think they are usually 3.8m - 4.2m.
    ITV1 (inc. HD unless stated)
    19:00- Emmerdale: 7.36m (33.7%) exc. HD
    19:30- Tonight: Living In Fear: 2.68m (11.5%)
    20:00- A Touch Of Frost: 3.0m (13%)
    22:00- ITV News at Ten: 2.25m (11.19%)
    22:35- The War You Don’t See: 961,100 (9.35%)
    * slot average: 821,200 (7.93%)

Not too good for A Touch of Frost rpt, maybe everyone's seen them all on ITV3 by now. Decent for Emmerdale though.
  • Options
    XIVXIV Posts: 21,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Miranda repeat did exceptionally well mostly due to the great lead in. BBC Two just had a good night generally while BBC One had a decent night. The Family I expect won't be returning next year.
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet people aren't scoring very highly in the ratings prediction game this week!

A filler documentary on Monday becomes a hit and then a reliable banker drama is a flop on Tuesday! who would have thought that.

ITV's Tuesday curse continues.
  • Options
    square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    Shocked that ITV appear to be giving 'The Biggest Loser' the prime Monday night 9pm slot ! :eek:

Can't be staying there, surely ?
  • Options
    russellellyrussellelly Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just saw the news about More4 apparently dropping Daily Show from January, pretty gutting, been watching it on More4 for years. Especially surprising now it has sponsorship (though maybe expiration of that has prompted the decision?).

Wonder if they could continue it on 4OD only - they must have a deal with Comedy Central continuing if they have access to Global Edition. Unlikely, I know. Or perhaps Comedy Central themselves could start showing it?

Guess it'll be one less job for my PVR and one more for *cough* other methods *cough* :(

On a side note, anyone got its ratings from last night? There was a rather cringe-worthy guest of Gordon Brown on.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shocked that ITV appear to be giving 'The Biggest Loser' the prime Monday night 9pm slot ! :eek:

Oh dear god. :eek: What are ITV playing at? Against Above Suspicion, that has flop written all over it.
  • Options
    sn_22sn_22 Posts: 6,475
    Forum Member
    Brilliant night for BBC Two. The Pompei documentary is obviously the stand out, but Decade of Discovery and the Miranda repeat were very strong either side of it too. Newsnight seemed stronger than I've seen recently too.

Eastenders is still motoring along quite nicely with a great share - its been out of the limelight, but there's no sign of viewers deserting it. There's something about Tuesdays and the BBC Three repeat as well - amazing to see it over a million despite no clash.

The controversy didn't seem to help Frankie Boyle much. I can't see that show returning to be frank. His sketches are dismal and the ratings aren't worth the hassle for Channel 4.
  • Options
    rztrzt Posts: 21,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That will be a dreadful decision by them if The Biggest Loser remains on Mondays once the schedules are confirmed. It's Tuesday night "flopzone" material. They should be putting dramas on Mondays (like they basically have in the last couple of years) to utilise the Corrie lead-in.
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Frost repeat was only a few months after the first screening.

I think that was a factor.

If it was an episode viewers might have had a chance to forget (recalling easily who did it is a deterrent in such shows) then it might have rated better.

Putting it against Crimewatch was a bit of an own goal as well.
  • Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That will be a dreadful decision by them if The Biggest Loser remains on Mondays once the schedules are confirmed. It's Tuesday night "flopzone" material. They should be putting dramas on Mondays (like they basically have in the last couple of years) to utilise the Corrie lead-in.

I suspect they've decided it's not worth wasting a drama against Silent Witness. Bad move though as a drama would have held it's own in the Monday slot. Or perhaps they genuinely have hopes of The Biggest Loser doing well, as they could do with a new reality format and it's done well in other territories. I wonder what drama they'll run that week at 9pm and on which night? Taggart or Single-Handed on Thursday is my guess.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    agreed that is a surprising decesion, it has the already mention Flop Zone written all over it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Score wrote: »
    I suspect they've decided it's not worth wasting a drama against Silent Witness. Bad move though as a drama would have held it's own in the Monday slot.
    I can see the point about not wanting to air a drama against Silent Witness but I think two dramas can co-exist on Monday nights. Hustle and Law & Order UK were both airing against each other on Monday nights at the same time last year and both doing well. Sure, Silent Witness is tougher competition than Hustle, but I think ITV could've maybe aired a non-returnable drama like 'The Reckoning' against it - there would've been a decent chance of it doing quite well and if it hadn't, it wouldn't have mattered too much anyway as it'd be just a one-off series. I just think that on Monday nights, the priority for ITV should be to air dramas whenever they can because there's more people watching TV on Mondays at 9pm compared to other weeknights plus the Monday night Corrie boost is quite an important one as well so it's better to give expensive shows (like dramas) a chance in that slot.
    I wonder what drama they'll run that week at 9pm and on which night? Taggart or Single-Handed on Thursday is my guess.
    I think they'll air The Reckoning/Kidnap & Ransom on Thursday nights. ITV have been plugging those two dramas in their 'Winter Drama' adverts recently so I expect them to air quite soon.
  • Options
    RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is The Biggest Loser?

Never heard of it...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Never heard of it...
    its a UK version of a US weight loss format of the same name.

That or The Biggest Loser is ITV, im not sure which reply you were looking for ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Never heard of it...
    You can read about it here: http://www.itv.com/presscentre/thebiggestloser2/ep01week02/default.html

I think it's basically 'Celebrity Fit Club' (if you remember that), but with members of the public.
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 70,800
    Administrator
This discussion has been closed.