Comments

• Options
    Par6Par6 Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    All of a sudden Barry's back !
  • Options
    Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    This really is rubbish now. They should have finished it when Geoffrey Fairbrother and Mr Partridge left.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This really is rubbish now. They should have finished it when Geoffrey Fairbrother and Mr Partridge left.

I'd agree, but I thought that first time round, some series go on too long.
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd agree, but I thought that first time round, some series go on too long.

On The Buses which is on ITV3 after Hi-Di-Hi finishes on BBC2 is a prime example of this.
  • Options
    aquasplash3aquasplash3 Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    58 I have the DVD's in seperate series boxsets 1&2 3&4 etc. I have counted the episodes listed on the covers and it makes 58. So the box set has a mistake, It might be that there is 57 regular episodes plus the Pilot epiosde.

Thank you. They don't list the episodes on the boxset I have. I just presume all 58 must be on there despite the wording on the front.
  • Options
    comedy89comedy89 Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you. They don't list the episodes on the boxset I have. I just presume all 58 must be on there despite the wording on the front.

I enjoyed the episode with the sleazy controller trying to get Peggy. Though the episode was more of a drama ,Ruth Madoc and Su Pollard really shine also with all the recent news stories this was very true to life how those in position took advantage .
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iain Anders who played Clive's Uncle Neville in today's episode is probably best known for playing Supt. McVitie in Taggart for many years
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Full schedule for the remaining episodes

Tomorrow - Series 8 Episode 5 Only The Brave
    Thursday - Series 9 Episode 3 The Perils 0f Peggy
    Friday - Series 9 Episode 1 Tell It To The Marines
    Monday - Series 8 Episode 6 September Song
    Tuesday - Series 9 Episode 2 Marry Go Round
    Wednesday - Series 9 Episode 4 Let Them Eat Cake
    Thursday - Series 9 Episode 5 Wedding Bells
    Friday - Series 9 Episode 6 The Wind Of Change

From the BBC website it seems that events in The Perils of Peggy are reliant on events in Marry Go Round but of course according to the schedulers that doesn't matter
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There must be some reason why they are being shown out of order ? It can't surely be down to incompetence ?
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    ITV3 are just as bad with On The Buses. They have put them on anyhow, seem to be even different series mixed up - some when Stan left, some he's still in, some in b/w, some in colour.
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,626
    Forum Member
    Par6 wrote: »
    There must be some reason why they are being shown out of order ? It can't surely be down to incompetence ?

.......erm........... yes, but more like can't be bothered - don't give a toss. >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisydee wrote: »
    .......erm........... yes, but more like can't be bothered - don't give a toss. >:(

Could it be that the BBC really don't appreciate (or maybe likely don't care) that people are actually watching these programmes regularly?
    Perhaps they think people will only watch individual ones on days when there's "naff all" else on at that time of the day.?
    If so, they should have worked it out that, that applies pretty much, to most days.
  • Options
    Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Par6 wrote: »

The 'justification' is timing issues.

So, even though they are listed as 30 minutes, I suppose some are 27 min 45 secs, others 28 and a half mins, others 29 min 15 secs, and variations between.

All you really need to do is subtract, or add, a trailer or two throughout the afternoon to keep to time- so a lame excuse. It's clear in their reply to people that have complained that they don't appreciate they needed to be shown in the correct order.

Funnily enough 'Are You Being Served' which has just started in the 3.45 slot could be shown in any order (apart from when Trevor Bannister was replaced by Mike Berry)
  • Options
    Forum Member

I'm sure the person responsible for the scheduling/order isn't somebody on a YTS scheme or an employee on the minimum wage but quite a highly paid position.
    In my opinion these mistakes are gross ineptitude and disciplinary action should result, who is the scheduler?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

So, even though they are listed as 30 minutes, I suppose some are 27 min 45 secs, others 28 and a half mins, others 29 min 15 secs, and variations between.

All you really need to do is subtract, or add, a trailer or two throughout the afternoon to keep to time- so a lame excuse. It's clear in their reply to people that have complained that they don't appreciate they needed to be shown in the correct order.

Funnily enough 'Are You Being Served' which has just started in the 3.45 slot could be shown in any order (apart from when Trevor Bannister was replaced by Mike Berry)

AYBS seems to be being shown in the right order.

Speaking of which I've been watching some of the Australian remake of AYBS on Youtube and I wish I hadn't, it's asbolutely dreadful
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's classic BBC; "We're right, the viewer wrong" attitude.

In reality, they know they are wrong, they just looked around for an excuse to justify a cock-up.

"So no change there then eh?"
  • Options
    Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

In reality, they know they are wrong, they just looked around for an excuse to justify a cock-up.

Received a reply to my second email 20 minutes ago.

Well- not really a reply. Effectively, 'We don't consider your complaint is valid. Therefore no further correspondance will be entered in to'.

I gave them the SPECIFIC example of the two Mr Partridge episodes- but as saying 'Sorry. WE we're wrong' is not in their DNA they completely ignored the point that was raised (second time running) You see, often all someone wants is 'Sorry. We were wrong'. But for the BBC sorry is clearly not in the DNA.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Received a reply to my second email 20 minutes ago.

Well- not really a reply. Effectively, 'We don't consider your complaint is valid. Therefore no further correspondance will be entered in to'.

I gave them the SPECIFIC example of the two Mr Partridge episodes- but as saying 'Sorry. WE we're wrong' is not in their DNA they completely ignored the point that was raised (second time running) You see, often all someone wants is 'Sorry. We were wrong'. But for the BBC sorry is clearly not in the DNA.

Ah!

I guess that particular response pro-forma is listed as "Don't call us, we'll call you?"
  • Options
    flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think you could be right there, it is annoying. I'm loving these repeats, never really appreciated the series first time around.
  • Options
    fozzie74fozzie74 Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know which episodes are missing I know the episode where Jeff brings the dog onto the camp Eruptions and Peggy's Pen Friend have we missed anymore

I was keeping note so i could go back and watch on the dvd boxset i bought recently (only £9.99 - fed up with all the wrong order mess!) - of the ones shown with Jeff in it, they missed out these 4 -

"No Dogs Allowed", "Eruptions", "Empty Saddles", and "Peggy's Pen Friend".

Unless it's just that my box didn't record them!

I'm finally starting my dvds instead of the BBC now we're onto the yucky Clive and totally the wrong order ;)
  • Options
    human naturehuman nature Posts: 13,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just for a change I totally agree with you. The BBC is obviously using these programmes as fillers and is fitting them in whenever there's a slot of the right length - and they don't care one bit whether that suits the viewers. Very poor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just for a change I totally agree with you. The BBC is obviously using these programmes as fillers and is fitting them in whenever there's a slot of the right length - and they don't care one bit whether that suits the viewers. Very poor.

Err..

Why should I be interested in whether you agree with me or not?

"For a change?" Try not to be so patronising, it doesn't impress anyone, least of all me.

I must have told you before, I don't mind what you think about any programme, do you believe your views about anything, might bother me one way or aother?
  • Options
    human naturehuman nature Posts: 13,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Err..

Why should I be interested in whether you agree with me or not?

"For a change?" Try not to be so patronising, it doesn't impress anyone, least of all me.

I must have told you before, I don't mind what you think about any programme, do you believe your views about anything, might bother me one way or aother?
    For heaven's sake, your ego is so huge. I made a brief fleeting reference about agreeing with you, then you launch into a tirade about you, you, you.

Try to understand - I was posting about the programme, not you. I don't care what you think. Life isn't all about you. It might be hard for you to believe, but sometimes people might want to talk about something else other than you and what you think.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 54,990
    Forum Member

It may have been the combination of certain episodes that was the issue, for example an episode of Some Mothers was 35 minutes long rather than the usual 30mins.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For heaven's sake, your ego is so huge. I made a brief fleeting reference about agreeing with you, then you launch into a tirade about you, you, you.

Try to understand - I was posting about the programme, not you. I don't care what you think. Life isn't all about you. It might be hard for you to believe, but sometimes people might want to talk about something else other than you and what you think.

I bet you really believe that, try reading your post again.
    The "Just for a change" was unnecessarily patronising, only you can't see that.

Then I get a "rant" in reply.

Bless!

Your problem is you don't mind dishing it out to others, but are pants at taking it back.