How often do you go to the cinema?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
Forum Member
In the past I went more than 2 times in a month to the cinema. But today it is to expensive for me.
The other point is that I like it more to watch the movies on my Blu-Ray player at home in a better quality.

My Homecinema

Comments

• welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    on average about twice a month sometimes more
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    About three times a year. It depends what is on. Last year I saw Avatar,Sherlock Holmes and Bright Star.
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    In Jan-May I would go 3-5 times a month, loads of good stuff out at the moment with Oscar build up.
    I perfer independent and foreign films so find it difficult to find anything to go to in the Summer when it is all blockbuster superhero stuff. On average anout 20-25 times a year.
  • OnexOneOnexOne Posts: 3,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wasnt one of the big chains of cinema offering a "as many times as you want to go" card? for say £10 well they used to?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hardly ever. A couple of times a year. I can't afford it, and other people no longer care about behaving themselves and it spoils the experience. I usually just wait for the DVD, unless it's a really special film that needs to be seen on a big screen, like The Dark Knight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    I usually go about twice a month but only if its something thats really worth the money!! Otherwise, it is sooo expensive to go to the cinema!!
  • jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On average 8 times a month.
  • caren197caren197 Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the very least once a week. Love the cinema, i don't think there is any way better of watching movies :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    Never. Love film, hate cinemas.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    I was one time in the last 6 monts. It was Avatar 3D...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try and go at least once a week as we have an unlimited card but have only been twice so far this year!! Nothing really much on that's of interest to me at the mo although was contemplating seeing Up In The Air at the weekend but I'm sure we'll make up for it next month! Most I've been is 4 times in a week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member
    At least twice a week usually (not been this week so will make up for it next week). Thank god for my unlimited card, I'd have no money otherwise:D
  • stevejk75stevejk75 Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    About twice a year.Too many bloody yobs about, spoiling it for others.
  • Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About 1-2 times a month. I'm a teenager and before I would see movies with the family, nowadays I go with my teen brother, at least once a month. Last I saw was Avatar, which rocked.
  • ShizukuShizuku Posts: 2,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On average probably once a month, but I will have been 3 times by the end of this month, Sherlock Holmes, Avatar and It's Complicated (not my choice!lol)
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,961
    Forum Member
    Depends if there's anything on at the cinema that I wanna see. Not very often though. If I miss it at the cinema I'll get the dvd. Though I love being in the cinema :) Missed New Moon because I was still reading the book. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been six times this month.

Daybreakers
    The Book Of Eli
    Paul Blart: Mall Cop (kids am showing, bloody awful)
    All About Steve
    It's Complicated
    Up In The Air
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It depends, there hasnt been much out that I have wanted to see in the last few months but previously I was going up to 3 times a month.
  • ArtymagsArtymags Posts: 18,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hardly ever.

I think I've only been about 3 times in the last 10 years.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I usually try to go twice a month. But that's dependant on whether there is a movie i want to see. Otherwise it is expensive to go at £8.50 a ticket, plus £6.50 for Popcorn + Drink. That's £15 just for the cinema!
  • cheekscheeks Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    about 8 times a month thanks to my unlimited card....
  • jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cheeks wrote: »
    about 8 times a month thanks to my unlimited card....

I should add I only go eight times a month because I get 4 days off from work a week and the cinema is on the way to the gym I go to 3/4 times a week. So normally watch a lunchtime viewing then go off to the gym.
  • cheekscheeks Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jaimesw wrote: »
    I should add I only go eight times a month because I get 4 days off from work a week and the cinema is on the way to the gym I go to 3/4 times a week. So normally watch a lunchtime viewing then go off to the gym.
    I go more in the winter because I have more spare time...whereas I go less in the summer because I work more and the choice of films is usually a lot worse.....:)
  • jimbojonesjimbojones Posts: 4,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hardly ever now-because it seems no matter when or what time-or what film it is-it's always spoiled by some idiots who go along to talk and use their phone!!!
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I would love to go more often, despite the experience often being ruined by people talking, eating and generally messing about - but there simply aren't enough new films coming out that take my fancy.

The last one I saw was the extremely disappointing (not to mention a waste of almost 30 quid) '44 Inch Chest'. The lastest one I want to see is 'Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll', being a fan of Ian Dury.