I Thought Matt Was Taking The Mick !

ultrosultros Posts: 8,504
Forum Member
When he came out in that vest and started screeching I thought it was some lame attemt to take the p!$$ of Wagner even more,but as it went on it became clear that it was supposed to be a serious performance :eek:
How the hell can he say anything about Wagner after that?
If the Village People were dead they would be spinning in their graves !!!
He has proved he is not versatile and can only sing girls songs in a high piched voice.
He moans that the best performances should go through,so as Katie blew him away easily I am sure he will agree that if he is not in the bottom two after that it will be a joke.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,950
    Forum Member
    He didn't do a Village People song so why would they be spinning in their graves? :confused:
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    He didn't do a Village People song so why would they be spinning in their graves? :confused:

Good question. :D
  • RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More to the point are they actually dead :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to agree that the white vest was a dreadful look and I am suprised that Matt agreed to it.
    In a way it completely ruined the credibility of his song because it looked so shocking. "Come Together" was more like fall apart.

I love Matt normally but yesterday's was not his best performance. I would have put him about fourth last night.
    But I thought that Katie's performance was superb and my favourite on the night closely followed by Mary and Cher.
    Forum Member
    I thought Matt's vest looked better than Katie's dreadful new haircut :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    I thought Matt's vest looked better than Katie's dreadful new haircut :eek:

So you didn't like the young male transvestite trying to be Emma watson look?
  • derbrainderbrain Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

coz they wore white vests I should think.
  • CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is only one person taking the mick and that is the OP.

Matt clearly was the strongest performance last night. I get why he is favourite. OK you don't.

SC stated he wanted XF to be edgier this year and there is only one contestant to date that has stepped out of the XF mould. The rest are towing the party line.

You all complain when people are same old same and yet can't take it when someone wears a vest instead of a suit.

It was a big mistake for this failure too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FNoIDgNE6o&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_fresh+div-1r-2-HM
  • BananafishBananafish Posts: 13,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You didn't seriously compare Matt in his wife-beater to Freddie Mercury did you?!

It's not only Matt that has disappeared up his own arse these last few weeks, it's his fans as well.

Matt is nothing special, there countless versions of him playing in bands up and down the country. Far better versions as well. He isn't edgy, he's whiny, and some of his performances have been so overwrought with emotion that he basically drowned the song.

Last night's shambles just didn't work, and just looked like someone prepared to do whatever he is told to do for the price of fame. As far as breaking the mould goes, that sort of thing is exactly par for the course with X-Factor.
  • liz83liz83 Posts: 6,398
    Forum Member
    Bananafish wrote: »
    You didn't seriously compare Matt in his wife-beater to Freddie Mercury did you?!

It's not only Matt that has disappeared up his own arse these last few weeks, it's his fans as well.

Matt is nothing special, there countless versions of him playing in bands up and down the country. Far better versions as well. He isn't edgy, he's whiny, and some of his performances have been so overwrought with emotion that he basically drowned the song.

Last night's shambles just didn't work, and just looked like someone prepared to do whatever he is told to do for the price of fame. As far as breaking the mould goes, that sort of thing is exactly par for the course with X-Factor.

Says you:rolleyes::p
  • bossoftheworldbossoftheworld Posts: 4,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Matt is absolute pants in comparison to when Shane Ward was on. Just LISTEN - you don't even have to look at him (though he is quite tasty!) - to this absolute perfect vocal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXiQeRxgxgo
  • ultrosultros Posts: 8,504
    Forum Member
    CARA2000 wrote: »
    There is only one person taking the mick and that is the OP.

Matt clearly was the strongest performance last night. I get why he is favourite. OK you don't.

SC stated he wanted XF to be edgier this year and there is only one contestant to date that has stepped out of the XF mould. The rest are towing the party line.

You all complain when people are same old same and yet can't take it when someone wears a vest instead of a suit.

It was a big mistake for this failure too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FNoIDgNE6o&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_fresh+div-1r-2-HM

:eek: If Freddie Mercury had seen Matt stood there waiting for the judges comments in that vest looking all serious,even he would of said 'come on mate,surely thats a bit too camp' :eek:
    LOL ! It's quite hilarious though that he managed to be even more effeminate singing a mans song than he was singing all those girls song's.That was quite an achievement !!!
    Forum Member
    Matt is absolute pants in comparison to when Shane Ward was on. Just LISTEN - you don't even have to look at him (though he is quite tasty!) - to this absolute perfect vocal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXiQeRxgxgo

:yawn::yawn::yawn: Prefer Danielle Hope's version
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    liz83 wrote: »
    Says you:rolleyes::p

Yes, that's what opinions are :)

At least I haven't disturbed Freddie's peace by comparing Matt lumbering around the stage to him stealing the show at Live Aid though.
  • bossoftheworldbossoftheworld Posts: 4,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :yawn::yawn::yawn: Prefer Danielle Hope's version

I'd love to hear Matt trying that:D
    Forum Member
    ultros wrote: »
    :eek: If Freddie Mercury had seen Matt stood there waiting for the judges comments in that vest trying to look serious,even he would of said 'come on mate,surely thats a bit too camp' :eek:
    LOL ! It's quite hilarious though that he managed to be even more effeminate singing a mans song than he was singing all those girls song's.That was quite an achievement !!!

Nothing camp about Matt and his manly arms ;) But I don't blame you for getting upset... any insecure boy would look at Matt in his vest and feel inferior.
    Forum Member
    Nothing camp about Matt and his manly arms ;) But I don't blame you for getting upset... any insecure boy would look at Matt in his vest and feel inferior.

Come off it !
    He may as well of had HELLO SAILOR tattooed on his forehead.
    Forum Member
    Come off it !

Why are you so threatened by a girly voice and a vest? It's just a vest. For someone who hates Matt so much, you sure spend a lot of time talking about him ;)
  • CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Your attack Matt and attack his fans and then go on to attack the show. Ever wondered why you are watching and on this forum?
  • fluffybunyipfluffybunyip Posts: 4,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could see that Matt was trying to break away from the standing still and crooning approach, but I think this performance came across very forced. At times he didn't look comfortable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CARA2000 wrote: »
    Your attack Matt and attack his fans and then go on to attack the show. Ever wondered why you are watching and on this forum?

Because it's carcrash television?

In case you hadn't noticed, that's why it's been getting the ratings it has the last few weeks.
    Forum Member
    Yes, that's what opinions are :)

At least I haven't disturbed Freddie's peace by comparing Matt lumbering around the stage to him stealing the show at Live Aid though.

I know its what opinions are. Thats the point I was trying to make. Its just your opinion sounded a wee bit like a diktat from on high.

I think the poster was lightheartedly suggesting that a vest is a vest - it doesnt automatically mean your performance is bad. Nowhere did she liken Matt to Freddie Mercury - as you know Im sure being a clever soul.:) I saw and heard the polar opposite of what you saw/heard in Matts performance - I loved it and love it more each time I hear it. S0 yeah - says you.:D
    Forum Member
    Come off it !

Bit of wishful thinking there Ultros...:D
    Forum Member
    Why are you so threatened by a girly voice and a vest? It's just a vest. For someone who hates Matt so much, you sure spend a lot of time talking about him ;)

You should NEVER trust a guy with a vest and a girly voice.You'll have something slipped in your drink,everything will turn hazy,then next thing you know your walking like John Wayne for at least a week :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to admit that when I was watching it I did think it was kind of homoerotic. I know it was just a guy in a vest singing a Beatles song (about coming together :D) but it gave me that impression. Maybe he needs the gay votes?