Options

George Clarke's Amazing Spaces (C4)

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Mrs StoatMrs Stoat Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Can anybody help me? I saw the trailer for next week, and it showed 'carpenter Adam from Brighton' who creates a luxurious converted Routemaster. I know I've seen Adam on something else, but can't for the life of me think what it is. Found the Twitter feed (big green bus), but that doesn't help.
  • Options
    sheltsshelts Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the hive house was brilliant, wish I had one, ever changing needs when you're disabled, I could just add on a wet room,a storage room for wheelchair pysio equipment etc , a gym an office but as and when/if needed, rather than buying a completely 'adapted' property.......cheaper as well
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    japara wrote: »
    the finished van looked lovely but I couldn't help thinking how stale the air must be in the morning with all those sleeping in such a tiny space!
    Health Hazard....:eek:
    shelts wrote: »
    I thought the hive house was brilliant, wish I had one, ever changing needs when you're disabled, I could just add on a wet room,a storage room for wheelchair pysio equipment etc , a gym an office but as and when/if needed, rather than buying a completely 'adapted' property.......cheaper as well
    Loved the Hive House.

And the 'spaceship' tree house, was clever - but the inside of the mirror one, was awful.
  • Options
    tvfannytvfanny Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad to see on the Hive Haus website they have gone from 100 hits to 6,000 and numerous e-mails since the programme. Good on them.
  • Options
    japarajapara Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want a hive house
  • Options
    2-Pot Screamer2-Pot Screamer Posts: 34,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay, I've been looking forward to this one - the double-decker bus! :cool:
  • Options
    I'm-a-painI'm-a-pain Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too - as a child going to and from school every day, I always used to think about how you could easily make the bus into a home!

xx
  • Options
    johnanjohnan Posts: 3,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not sure about the canal boat being a viable money making venture, but good luck to them.
    I would have just built it, much more cheaply, to live in it myself debt free.
  • Options
    ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,247
    Forum Member
    johnan wrote: »
    I am not sure about the canal boat being a viable money making venture, but good luck to them.
    I would have just built it, much more cheaply, to live in it myself debt free.

Ditto.

Also one of them looked pretty close to retirement age if not already beyond? I wouldn't fancy spending my retirement living in a cramped cabin and waiting on others hand and foot.
  • Options
    anotherlongersanotherlongers Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ntscuser wrote: »
    Ditto.

Also one of them looked pretty close to retirement age if not already beyond? I wouldn't fancy spending my retirement living in a cramped cabin and waiting on others hand and foot.

And I can't imagine anybody paying £250 for one night on a canal boat. You could probably hire your own for a week at that price. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ntscuser wrote: »
    Ditto.

That couple having moved from a 4-bed detached house to cramped accommodation on a canal boat I fear the novelty of living on the water will soon wear off for them - however successful the business turns out to be. :(
  • Options
    cas116cas116 Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And I can't imagine anybody paying £250 for one night on a canal boat. You could probably hire your own for a week at that price. :eek:

Exactly what i thought. They did a very good job of it, the rooms looked really lovely, but I just didn't feel they were worth the money. I appreciate they are just part of what you're paying for - it looked like the couple would be providing full board and of course the cruise itself, but it seemed very expensive to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the double-decker bus conversion, except for the downstairs decor. Lime green upholstery just doesn't do it for me, did it even look good in the 60s?

I'd only use that particular shade for a high-vis jacket! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I liked the double-decker bus conversion, except for the downstairs decor. Lime green upholstery just doesn't do it for me, did it even look good in the 60s?

I'd only use that particular shade for a high-vis jacket! :eek:
    Loved the DD Bus, colours too - but the Shower on the outside.:eek:

The Dutch Barge 'Hotel' looked amazing, but the Price Per Night.:(

And the Cob House was a bit Creepy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    The Dutch Barge 'Hotel' looked amazing, but the Price Per Night.:(
    Their tarriff just isn't competitive, compare it with this beautiful boat for instance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Their tarriff just isn't competitive, compare it with this beautiful boat for instance.
    You feel they just plucked their prices out of thin air, and added a zero.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this horsebox is a runner, £1600 seems to like a bargain!
  • Options
    johnanjohnan Posts: 3,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That cantilever extended silver shed just doesn't look "right" with no means of apparent support under the overhang.

Safe and strong and secure it may be, but it if it don't look right, it ain't right as far as I am concerned and I would spoil it's tweeness by incorporating a notional but functional support.

A support would also stop it moving about, which is just tiresome for a dwelling.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If this horsebox is a runner, £1600 seems to like a bargain!
    But did they get rid of the Smell.:eek:

Did like the Tin House.....from the inside, but I wouldn't use the Swing.

And the Milk Float with a View...:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stansfield wrote: »
    But did they get rid of the Smell.:eek:

Yes, it was specifically mentioned.
  • Options
    biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Father Christmas brings George some new superlatives to use in the next series.

I'm getting a bit bored with "unbelievable" and "amazing".
  • Options
    anotherlongersanotherlongers Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Father Christmas brings George some new superlatives to use in the next series.

I'm getting a bit bored with "unbelievable" and "amazing".

"Amazing!" is his catchphrase so I imagine he's been told by the production team to use it ad-nauseam.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    More mutton dressed up as lamb from C4 last night. :(
  • Options
    Laudrup1Laudrup1 Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Is no one commenting on Series 3 of this.

I quite like watching it in the absence of Grand Designs.