Options

International Cricket 2013

Comments

• Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    Quite a strange 'wandering' match to listen to.
    Aggers spent half the game sitting on the fence reading email and twitter opinions from peoples '50inch TV's.'

I listened for a few hours during the rain and caught up with the features they played that I'd not heard

The converation between Freddie and Boycs, the programme on 'Voices of Summer - the Cricket commentators' and the converation with the 4 quickies from the 2005 Ashes..........

all were really entertaining.................passed 3 hours or so very nicely !
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    ..ll were really entertaining.................passed 3 hours or so very nicely !
    I was listening to the Scotland innings against Durham. Collingwood wrapped up he game even before the Durham bat, taking 3 wickets in 9 balls.

I'm really hoping Aggers drifts into supplying us actual game facts either from, or alongside his new twitterings.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Darcy_ wrote: »
    Hmmm not sure about that, we've already had 2 rain delays and it's throwing it down at the moment. Bloody weather!!:(
    Hope it's ok at the oval on Wednesday, I've got tickets!!

its given rain
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    its given rain

I think even the Weather forecasters have admitted they have no idea nowadays, wouldn't be too despondent yet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think even the Weather forecasters have admitted they have no idea nowadays, wouldn't be too despondent yet.

Very true! I think it may be a little rain affected, but as long as there is a 'game' I'm not fussed. Found out today a friend of mine has ashes tickets spare, so more live cricket this summer for me!!:D Hopefully it will be a good battle and tougher than the one I'm envisaging.
  • Options
    iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    England through, Murray wins Queens, and Rose wins the US open - great sports day :D
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iamsofired wrote: »
    England through, Murray wins Queens, and Rose wins the US open - great sports day :D

To have had a treble on that this morning.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    To have had a treble on that this morning.

even better to have had a treble on it a week ago..............:p

I didn't know about Murray and Rose............well done lads !
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just wondering, if the first semi final was washed out, would that mean the second semi would be counted as the final?
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just wondering, if the first semi final was washed out, would that mean the second semi would be counted as the final?

If the first semi was washed out, the team that had the best qualifying results would go to the final. Same if the Final was washed out, so all India need is torrential rain, and they've already won.
  • Options
    dtcdtcdtcdtcdtcdtc Posts: 16,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Australia have won the toss and have invited Sri Lanka to bat

Both sides unchanged so still no Michael Clarke
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bosox wrote: »
    Gower went through that too but I wasn't paying attention, I did hear him say that it was practically impossible for them to overtake New Zealand.

Not impossible at all according to cricinfo. If Australia bowl Sri Lanka out for 200, they would need to chase down that total in 27.1 overs. A score of 150 would need to be chased in 24 overs.

Given that Sri Lanka are 20-2, I would say that there is a reasonable chance of that happening.

It's wise never to write off Australia. In fact, I believe they have a chance of winning the tournament (weather permitting).
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not impossible at all according to cricinfo. If Australia bowl Sri Lanka out for 200, they would need to chase down that total in 27.1 overs. A score of 150 would need to be chased in 24 overs.

Just realised this is going to work against England's chances of winning the group. Australia are going to be going all guns blazing trying to get the total in very short order and chances are they will lose a bunch of wickets making them much more likely to get bowled out cheaply.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just turned on TMS and on mention of targets as of yet.

Anyone know the over target at 250?
    Obviously it matters little to them who wins the game if they do not qualify.

edit -now mentioned. said 250 at approx 9 an over so makes for nearish 28 overs
  • Options
    BhaveshgorBhaveshgor Posts: 9,312
    Forum Member
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    Just turned on TMS and on mention of targets as of yet.

Anyone know the over target at 250?
    Obviously it matters little to them who wins the game if they do not qualify.

edit -now mentioned. said 250 at approx 9 an over so makes for nearish 28 overs

if australia do it, it would certainly beat india chase against sri lanka at hobart and kohli breathtaking 133* innings.
    india chased 321 in 36.4 overs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just came up on Sky that Australia need to get the runs in 29.1 overs to qualify

254 in 29.1 is over 8 an over

Not sure what they have to get to stop Sri Lanka winning the group
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Australia have no chance of chasing that total in 29 overs, they shouldn't try. They should just make sure they get over the 160-odd runs they need to help England top the group. That will make up for Warner trying to punch little Joey Root and we'll all be friends again ahead of the Ashes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just said on Sky, Sri Lanka need to bowl Australia out for 164 or less to win the group
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm waiting for the markets on 1st 15 overs runs . Usually around 65-70 . Doubt they will be that low but no-one has put them up yet

I would pitch them at 95 - 100
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spreads are 85-90

Tempting....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    This chase could work against England topping the group, if Australia go all out (which they have to) and get bowled out cheaply
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    treetop wrote: »
    This chase could work against England topping the group, if Australia go all out (which they have to) and get bowled out cheaply

Was always more likely but at least passing 164 is only part of the way there for Australia.
    I reckoned they have aimed for 7 per over early on. Passing 164 they need to be near or past 8.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    crikey australia are going for it, 52/2 from 6 overs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bhaveshgor wrote: »
    crikey australia are going for it, 52/2 from 6 overs.

:):):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    australia 69/4
    looks like it could be an india vs england semi,
    hoping for torrential rain on thursday LOL.
    I really don't want to face england in the semis.
This discussion has been closed.