Options

SPOILER - Corrie

madaboutcarlamadaboutcarla Posts: 10,832
Forum Member
✭✭
http://t.co/lJKI2RGmIL

Right.. you know I'm a 'carter' fan.. so obviously not happy.

But really.. Peter cheats on Carla with Tina.

Am I the only one who finds this a bit ridiculous and laughable?

I hate Leanne.. but even I'll admit I'd buy the storyline if it was her.. but Tina?

I think it's a pathetic attempt at ratings.

I know Peter is known to be a bit of a 'love rat' but seriously, I think this is stupid.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Total SOR. Peter & Carla are the show's strongest couple, and this storyline seems like it's been thought up solely to facilitate Tango Tina's exit. A real shame - Blackburn's given Corrie its Maurel! :(
  • Options
    madaboutcarlamadaboutcarla Posts: 10,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's ridiculous. To me, this is actually laughable. Especially as Hayley is dying. MAD!
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A rare storyline for Tina. Makes a change!
  • Options
    EEforestEEforest Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is awful!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 322
    Forum Member
    This is a joke. I can't believe how stupid it is
  • Options
    Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another bloke for Tina to shag, then SHOUT AT. When is this chav leaving?
  • Options
    .exe.exe Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry that is absolute bollocks!!

Piss poor storyline, I can't wait till Tina leaves.
  • Options
    ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    I can't believe how rubbish this is. Peter's never shown the slightest interest in her. Plus she's half his age too! Just when he needs to be supporting Carla the most (as Halyley dies) he goes and has it off with the local chav...who next? Katy? Marcus?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maurel are bad enough but the thought of Peter and Tina together is enough to make me vomit.

As if any man lucky enough to have Carla would want to cheat on her.

I'm sure this will lead to a brilliant performance from Alison King though;) and I hope that before Carla inevitably forgives Peter, she really makes him suffer:D
  • Options
    gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    As soon As I saw this I thought Stacey and Max. Ratings grabber thats all this is. Peter and Tina havent really Had a connection before It would make more Sense Her and David skeeping together.
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    I could see Tina and David having an affair, but Tina and Peter? Ridiculous. It would make way more sense for Peter to have an affair with Leanne or even Michelle, but Tina is just out of nowhere. I guess it is in character for Peter since he's such a rat, but it seems like such a forced pairing.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a512012/coronation-street-tina-mcintyre-to-have-shocking-fling.html#article_continue

Coronation Street barmaid Tina McIntyre has been tipped to have a shock fling with Peter Barlow at Christmas.

The pair will grow close later this year after Tina and her current boyfriend Tommy Duckworth split for good, according to The Sun today (September 3).

As actor Chris Fountain has been sacked from Coronation Street, an upcoming episode will see the street's residents learn that his character Tommy has left Weatherfield following a huge argument with Tina.

Afterwards, Tina (Michelle Keegan) will reportedly get involved with Peter - despite his relationship with factory boss Carla Connor (Alison King).

The surprise love triangle plot is expected to be filmed over the next few weeks and come to a head at Christmas.

Chris Gascoyne, who plays Peter, recently warned that his character's life could soon spiral out of control again - even with his wedding to Carla on the way.

He told TV Times: "Peter is not very happy. He's just existing, but he doesn't tell Carla how he feels. He's lost the bookies and doesn't know what he's doing in the factory.

"Everyone is talking behind his back, he feels he's losing control of his life and Carla is in charge of the wedding - she's even paying for the ring!

"It's Peter doing the same old thing. Whenever things are going well, he presses the self-destruct button."
  • Options
    ThamwetThamwet Posts: 2,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's like Blackburn just sits in his office and orders the assistant producer to fill a hat with male characters and another with female characters. He then picks one name out of each hat, and whichever names come out will become lovers.
  • Options
    misty cloudmisty cloud Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is awful, why, why?

Chavy Tina vs Carla........ figggghhhtttt
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I honestly thought we were heading towards a David/Tina affair, have Tina or Peter even shared any scenes before and we are meant to believe after everything that Peter would cheat on Carla. Corrie have it's very own Maurel!
  • Options
    ThamwetThamwet Posts: 2,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »
    I honestly thought we were heading towards a David/Tina affair, have Tina or Peter even shared any scenes before and we are meant to believe after everything that Peter would cheat on Carla. Corrie have it's very own Maurel!

Yep, and can you spot the common link? I can.

I was actually praising the ugly great fool yesterday, but upon hearing this, he's dropped right down in my respect books again.
  • Options
    AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So once again Peter Barlow plumps for the self pitying, no one cares, mememe default position and anyone's surprised by this? LOL.
    This man is a total jerk.
    It's so obvious he is incapable of loving anyone and is never going to evolve ( being already comfortably into his middle age now!) into anything beyond his needy, insecure and insecurity riddled persona.
    His promiscuousness must be a symptom his problems and it doesn't seem likely to change.
    He wants it all, he wants to be a victim as he sees it as his ticket to making women feel sorry for him. He's an immature little brat and yet thinks he can act high and mighty when it suits.
    No wonder Rob is pissing himself laughing at him, what else could he possibly do?
    Don't worry for him though, it seems to be Deirdre turn to make excuses for him instead of Tracey these days so he'll have the croaky crone on his side at least.:)
  • Options
    RiverMRiverM Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that's funny to laugh out, why would he want to give up his bang tidy women in Carla who is absolutely everything a guy could have for only to screw around with a tango'd barmaid womb renting out sl*pper, how unrealistic would that be
  • Options
    Polly_PerkinsPolly_Perkins Posts: 21,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it stupid? Peter is a flawed character, it's who he is. He was never destined to be in a 'strong couple; He ruins everything good in his life, he is self destructive. That's the character.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ridiculous and totally unbelievable scenario. :rolleyes:

I know Peter's feeling a bit emasculated at the moment, but if he was going to strayat all, he would be trying to get Leanne back, not some kid young enough to be his daughter.

If they have to find something to facilitate Tina's exit, then she should have an affair with David, which would at least make a little bit of sense.

:mad:
  • Options
    Bobby_MarzBobby_Marz Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another bloke for Tina to shag, then SHOUT AT. When is this chav leaving?

Chav? you need to get out more
  • Options
    MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    Absoloutely ridiculous.
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michelle or leanne yes, Mahogany Tina no.
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that all they can think of for leading up to Tina's exit. Pathetic. I hoped Carla and Pater would remain a strong couple, especially since Hayley will be leaving soon.
  • Options
    AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tina deserves much better than the crusty old misogynistic bigamist Barlow. I bet he smells like an old ashtray perfumed with some old spice as well.:p