Who Killed Lucy Beale? - Latest theories, updates and spoilers (Merged)

StubeStube Posts: 16,833
Forum Member
✭✭
With Billy being employed by Les, it seems like a subtle plot device for the murder storyline.

I still believe it must be one of the characters who are relatively new to the show IF it was a deliberate murder. It'd be too out of character for anyone else. Les and Aleks have always been my top two suspects. While I still firmly believe it could be Aleks (blood in the flat, shady, threatened Ian), his secret for the moment already seems to be revealed.

Les, on the other hand, has come into the show as a comedic character (so appears not at all threatening) and has fitted right in with the Walford community so no one has a grudge or even a disliking towards him and his wife. We already know he's shady with the whole business with Charlie - and he runs a funeral parlour.... Now that he's employed Billy (known to be a coward and a general moron), it seems like it's all been constructed for Billy to at some point find out that Les is involved with Lucy's murder and Les could possibly threaten Billy with Janet's life (or Lola's and Lexi's) and therefore Billy goes through turmoil of having to keep his mouth shut. Also, Billy turning out to be the hero of the investigation seems rather touching in a way considering everyone on the square ridicules him.

Also going back to the funeral parlour - it'd be quite a big twist if Les was actually a serial killer in order to fund his business. :o;-)

Who Do You THINK Killed Lucy Beale ? 1327 votes

Ian Beale
3% 53 votes
Peter Beale
10% 136 votes
Jane Beale
19% 263 votes
Lauren Branning
2% 38 votes
Abi Branning
21% 289 votes
Max Branning
2% 29 votes
Whitney Dean
3% 51 votes
Denise Fox
5% 72 votes
Ben Mitchell
2% 33 votes
Jay Mitchell
0% 10 votes
Phil Mitchell
0% 7 votes
Billy Mitchell
0% 6 votes
Lola Pearce
3% 50 votes
Lee Carter
1% 21 votes
Cindy Beale
10% 138 votes
Other (please specify)
9% 131 votes

Comments

• EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Alex and my dad thinks Janine
  • cardiff boyocardiff boyo Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the twist is Pam is the killer.

A few weeks ago she said she had a friend who survived cancer then died, then the other day Les said they had a son who died and then the same week they move onto the square Lucy dies...

Maybe Les knows Pam's dark side and the reason he got into the business was to cover for Pam.
    or
    Pam finds out about the Les/Charlie/Nick situation,flips and kills Les too, meaning Charlie has to track down Nick to prove his innocents hence blowing the fake death of Nick
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucy Beale was murdered by Nick Cotton . This will be revealed on the 30th anniversary show .

Drug related .
  • B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    I was thinking Aleks killed Lucy but if the Cokers are somehow involved there could be some dark storylines unfolding. Would love that.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    I can't see it being Les and I'd much prefer it to be one of the more established characters.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,273
    Forum Member
    It won't be Les or Pam.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dot, Nick and Charlie are essential to this plot. Obviously. This is the 30th anniversary story...it's not going to be some no mark.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Les had anything to do with it
  • CriticFanCriticFan Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the stupid fan fiction that you have picked up on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    klendathu wrote: »
    Lucy Beale was murdered by Nick Cotton . This will be revealed on the 30th anniversary show .

Drug related .

So it's a nod to the first EE murder (Reg Cox) as Nick turned out to be responsible for that too.
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,856
    Forum Member
    I doubt it. EE has been getting criticised for having too many youngsters in it and not enough older characters so why would they just bring in some new older characters for a very short stint?

He's quite funny too that Coaker, especially with what he said about Billy having a mournful face!
  • Sunset DaleSunset Dale Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    It won't be Les or Pam.

What was that leak about awhile back, someone said les did it.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since that "leak" in the papers, I haven't been able to shake the feeling that it's him. In a way, it's ruined him and his wife for me, because I can't watch them without thinking that it's all a cover up for their secret life.
    Forum Member
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    Since that "leak" in the papers, I haven't been able to shake the feeling that it's him. In a way, it's ruined him and his wife for me, because I can't watch them without thinking that it's all a cover up for their secret life.

What leak? All I can find is that the bookies have made him favourite to be the killer. :confused:
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,273
    Forum Member
    Styker wrote: »
    What leak? All I can find is that the bookies have made him favourite to be the killer. :confused:

There was some garbage about Pam and Les being serial killers, the whole article makes no sense and yet everyone on here bar me seems to be convinced it was true. That's why he became bookies favourite, loads of people on here had a flutter.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »

There was a story in the papers a few weeks ago that he killed Lucy, and is secretly killing people then doing their funerals.

To be honest, it was probably total rubbish, but ever since I can't shake it!
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heres the link for the leak

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s1hlht
    Forum Member
    There was a story in the papers a few weeks ago that he killed Lucy, and is secretly killing people then doing their funerals.

To be honest, it was probably total rubbish, but ever since I can't shake it!

Well there was something not right about "You Owe Me Fowler" - Nick Cotton's "death" so maybe its true but why would he do that?

If he is the killer and on that basis, I think EE have boobed because I thought they were trying to redress the balance that there isn't enough older characters in the programme anymore and there wasn't. I thought he and his wife along with Stan and a few others are good for the programme on the whole.
    Forum Member
    curvybabes wrote: »
    Heres the link for the leak

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s1hlht

Thanks but who is the leak from? How did that person get the info? Someone who works at EE or is connected to someone who works there? Does this person do leak info in general?
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CriticFan wrote: »
    This is the stupid fan fiction that you have picked up on

I wasn't actually even aware of the "leak" when I wrote this. It's all my own theory.
  • loopilouloopilou Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When les spoke of his sons passing the immediate thing to come to mind was that Charlie is in fact there son silly I know it just popped in my head
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I can't imagine it would go down well if the killer turned out to be just some guy who was brought in to be the murderer.

The main points of the storyline are that everyone is a suspect and that it's the death of a central family member. Both of which would be trivialized if the culprit were a new, unrelated character who was killing indiscriminately. All this screentime spent on motives and lies would have been for nothing.

There are probably more efficient ways to profit from murdering people, too, whether or not you own a funeral business.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Same here.
  • doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    I can't see an undertaker staying in business very long if he had to resort to murder to pay his way - surely the police would notice ???

People are just grasping at straws here - possibly to justify to themselves having paid out money they can ill-afford by betting on a supposed 'leak' now discredited and probably put around by bookmakers to snare the gullible.

We have seen Les conducting other funerals - Pat's, the one when he parked his hearse outside Ian's restaurant and the one that Billy assisted at recently. If he can afford to take on an assistant, business can't be so bad that he would resort to obtaining clients by murder. And it's a silly suggestion anyway.

I think he accepted a bribe to go along with Charlie's pretence that the body in the coffin was Nick Cotton, but do not think he is a murderer - or Pam is, come to that.
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People keep saying the leak was discredited - who by and where please?