Options

New Series: Vicious series 2 ITV 1st June

H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
Forum Member
✭✭✭
New series of Vicious starts 1st June at 9pm on ITV

I'm hoping this series can improve on the mistakes of the 1st series, particularly the poor 1st two episodes and the lack of exterior scenes.

Look like this series has more on location/outside scenes which is a good sign, and the clips I've seen look good.

Comments

• Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New series of Vicious starts 1st June at 9pm on ITV

I'm hoping this series can improve on the mistakes of the 1st series, particularly the poor 1st two episodes and the lack of exterior scenes.

Look like this series has more on location/outside scenes which is a good sign, and the clips I've seen look good.

I prefer when sitcoms remain on set. When they go exterior, they usually bring in unfunny and unneeded characters.
  • Options
    BPL2011BPL2011 Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    Very much looking forward to series two. Myself and my partner went to a recording of episode three at The London Studios, such a wonderful experience, to see such legends as Sir Ian McKellen, Sir Derek Jacobi and Frances de la Tour, the whole cast in fact are fabulous.

I do hope we get another series, it's by far the best sitcom of recent times.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BPL2011 wrote: »

No, that'd be Episodes or Car Share or Man Down or Catastrophe or Toast of London etc...

Vicious is pretty bad and not just by comparison. Were it not for McKellen and Jacobi this would not have been recommissioned.
  • Options
    JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    No, that'd be Episodes or Car Share or Man Down or Catastrophe or Toast of London etc...

Vicious is pretty bad and not just by comparison. Were it not for McKellen and Jacobi this would not have been recommissioned.

You are entitled to your opinion of course. Here's one viewer that is glad it has been.
  • Options
    northladnorthlad Posts: 1,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BPL2011 wrote: »
    Very much looking forward to series two. Myself and my partner went to a recording of episode three at The London Studios, such a wonderful experience, to see such legends as Sir Ian McKellen, Sir Derek Jacobi and Frances de la Tour, the whole cast in fact are fabulous.

Totally agree,I would say funniest sitcom in 10 years.
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see McKellen on TV but this show is dire, not funny at all!
  • Options
    primosprimosprimosprimos Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see McKellen on TV but this show is dire, not funny at all!

Quite agree. One of the most awful stereotypical embarrassments I've seen in a long time. It should have been shelved before it made it to air.

If they insist on vomiting up another series, hopefully they will have gotten rid of the AWFUL young man who couldn't act his way out of a paper bag.
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they insist on vomiting up another series, hopefully they will have gotten rid of the AWFUL young man who couldn't act his way out of a paper bag.

Whilst not great in Vicious Iwan Rheon is a good actor. It's the terrible script that's the problem!
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the series. It's the interactions between the main characters I like rather than the situations they get into.

Can't believe the character Iwan Rheon plays in Game of Thrones is so different to his character in this.
  • Options
    henry_hopehenry_hope Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite agree. One of the most awful stereotypical embarrassments I've seen in a long time. It should have been shelved before it made it to air.

They recommissioned it because it did well in America and had backing of its influential stars. it didnt do well in UK.
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    henry_hope wrote: »
    They recommissioned it because it did well in America and had backing of its influential stars. it didnt do well in UK.

The Christmas special in 2013 showed signs of a possible rise in ratings if the scripts improve.
  • Options
    chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad it's back. Mrs Chuff and I enjoyed it, although it was far from perfect.

I wrote to Marcia Warren (plays the ditzy best friend) after the first series, and she replied that they were all amazed by the mauling the show received. They thought it was a hoot and the studio audience loved it, but the audience and critical response was somewhat less enthusiastic.

A second series will give it chance to grow, and I think that's a good thing.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Can't believe the character Iwan Rheon plays in Game of Thrones is so different to his character in this.
    Really?
    A sitcom about two gay luvvies compared to a fantasy drama about warring clans?