Options

Can I just make a point?

puddypuddy Posts: 3,162
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Eileen is 52 - I'm 62.

When you have those 60's/70's fancy dress parties - that was US! We haven't always been old. I grew up in the best decade ever - the 60's! We dressed as mods, our music was 'fab' and 'groovy'. We burned our bras and the pill was invented.

We had flower power and 'give peace a chance'. We wanted to ban the bomb and 'make love, not war'.

My point is - don't judge us on age - our generation are legends! :):cool:

Comments

• Options
    i am godi am god Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think you'll find the 80,s was the best decade to grow up in
  • Options
    Tim CullenTim Cullen Posts: 1,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i am god wrote: »

And I think you'll find out the 90's was the best decade to grow up in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tim Cullen wrote: »

Ah yes - but I've lived through both of those decades as well. 90's music was shite, for a start.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    puddy wrote: »
    Ah yes - but I've lived through both of those decades as well. 90's music was shite, for a start.
    well that means i lived through both 80,s better, and agree 90,s music bollox
  • Options
    onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member
    Tim Cullen wrote: »

This. 90s all day every day!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're missing my point, which was, we may be old (ish) but we also knew how to have fun- it isn't exclusive to the kids of today.
  • Options
    HenrikHenrik Posts: 2,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Away to bed gramps.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So this forum is also ageist. My time might well be up before yours but you'll get there too - you're not immune to growing old. Remember that when you're watching BB 2050.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're missing my point, which was, we may be old (ish) but we also knew how to have fun- it isn't exclusive to the kids of today.
    ok but i'm not a kid of today, even kids of today have fun mine dose anyway ripping pie face
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Henrik wrote: »
    Away to bed gramps.

.......and Henrik - even though I'm older, I still didn't wet my pants at your attempt of humour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ok but i'm not a kid of today, even kids of today have fun mine dose anyway ripping pie face

Fairy nuff.
  • Options
    HenrikHenrik Posts: 2,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .......and Henrik - even though I'm older, I still didn't wet my pants at your attempt of humour.

Colostomy bag save you?
  • Options
    onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member
    So this forum is also ageist. My time might well be up before yours but you'll get there too - you're not immune to growing old. Remember that when you're watching BB 2050.

I can appreciate other times than the one i love the most. These Houseguests are the ones unfairly using it against Eileen. She can't help her age and from what we've seen she appears to try and get in there and join in with the group the best she can. They're just using any difference they can to make things easy on them, and Simon.. well, i don't even want to know what Simon's deal is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Henrik wrote: »
    Colostomy bag save you?

My niece had to have a colostomy bag at at the age of 36. Hope it never happens to you.
  • Options
    BluescopeBluescope Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eileen is 52 - I'm 62.

When you have those 60's/70's fancy dress parties - that was US! We haven't always been old. I grew up in the best decade ever - the 60's! We dressed as mods, our music was 'fab' and 'groovy'. We burned our bras and the pill was invented.

We had flower power and 'give peace a chance'. We wanted to ban the bomb and 'make love, not war'.

My point is - don't judge us on age - our generation are legends! :):cool:

So you would have been born in what 1953 ? so in 1960 you would have been 7 ? and only 14 at the hight of flower power in 1967. Eileen would have been a kid in the 60's so really her generation would have been the 70's not so much flower power but early disco most likely later punk.

I understand your point tho but I would say no matter what generation you are born in it is how you act not your age. Eileen acts young perhaps a bit too much so clothes wise but that is her choice. I would never hold that against her but I think Simons comments on her age where out of order. You should rest easy as everyone on the board seems to agree that to vote her purely on age was wrong. However I dont believe that was the real reason as I post on the other thread on the logic of the voting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fairy nuff.
    im noin to flowers thanks
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I always explain it like this - we wouldn't be typing on these computers, listening to MP3's, surviving fatal diseases, enjoying so many things that we take for granted, were it not for those who went before us - the things we enjoy now were not created by the young, but those who were young once ;)
  • Options
    eva_prioreva_prior Posts: 2,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good point well made OP.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was born in '52. My boyfriend had a Lambretta and picked me up from school. My cousin and I bought beads and budgie bells at Burnt Oak market.

In 1962 I was 10 and I was 11 and 12 when I saw the Beatles (twice). I was down the pub at 15,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    I always explain it like this - we wouldn't be typing on these computers, listening to MP3's, surviving fatal diseases, enjoying so many things that we take for granted, were it not for those who went before us - the things we enjoy now were not created by the young, but those who were young once ;)

Thank you - we were all young once.
  • Options
    BluescopeBluescope Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »

We also would not have nukes, AIDS, over population, obesity, global warming etc. I guess it is about even if you think about it wait .... Rick Ashley No I think the older generation owe us on that one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was born in '52. My boyfriend had a Lambretta and picked me up from school. My cousin and I bought beads and budgie bells at Burnt Oak market.

In 1962 I was 10 and I was 11 and 12 when I saw the Beatles (twice). I was down the pub at 15,
    do we get the rest of the life story, don't leave us hanging
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I would imagine that those people who develop an ageist attitude through life will be the very ones who will suffer the most when they are old.
    Because those same prejudices would be turned back in on them as they apply the same principles to themselves.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bluescope wrote: »
    We also would not have nukes, AIDS, over population, obesity, global warming etc. I guess it is about even if you think about it wait .... Rick Ashley No I think the older generation owe us on that one.
    That's okay, you got us back with One Direction ;) and you really can't blame older people for obesity ... the scourge of the modern generation (apparently ;))
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluescope wrote: »

I think Rick ASTLEY was in the 80's?

AIDS came from Africa - never been there. Dunno about nukes. Over population - I only had one child. Yeah - I'm a bit overweight but most obesity is due to McDonalds (80's).