why is simon biggin up same difference all the time?

rated_2000rated_2000 Posts: 2,610
Forum Member
✭✭✭
is this guy deluded? he done the same with michelle mcmanus in pop idol 2. the guy gets a funny idea in his brain about these poor acts and backs them and thinks that he can sway people to believe what he says?

i was gobsmacked when he chose them to go thorugh to the finals. yeah 5-9 yr old may like them, but i think they r sh1t

Comments

• spiideyspiidey Posts: 16,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rated_2000 wrote: »
    is this guy deluded? he done the same with michelle mcmanus in pop idol 2. the guy gets a funny idea in his brain about these poor acts and backs them and thinks that he can sway people to believe what he says?

i was gobsmacked when he chose them to go thorugh to the finals. yeah 5-9 yr old may like them, but i think they r sh1t

I would say that, compared to Hope, SD have been massively understated by Cowell! :eek:
  • Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well they are in the final 5 without ever having been in the bottom 2 so seems like the best decision he made this year I would say.

Plenty of people like them on here and I doubt there are many 5-9 year olds posting. So although you think they are "shit" others clearly disagree.
  • The Face of BoeThe Face of Boe Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And I am 32 and I love Same Difference!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nearing the big 4 0 and loving Same Difference. It is great to have a refreshing act in the competition.
  • conmarcas3conmarcas3 Posts: 5,260
    Forum Member

After seeing what song the winner will be releasing, he's a smart cookie. Can rule out pretty well all the other acts for that one then.:yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nearing the big 3-0 and love them too!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    conmarcas3 wrote: »
    After seeing what song the winner will be releasing, he's a smart cookie. Can rule out pretty well all the other acts for that one then.:yawn:

ooooh what is it? ;)
  • kjpkjp Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Same Difference are a breath of fresh air and one of the only acts that consistently give worthy performances:)
  • conmarcas3conmarcas3 Posts: 5,260
    Forum Member
    spiidey wrote: »
    ooooh what is it? ;)

It's a Mariah/Whitney sing. Link here:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/a80740/x-factor-champion-to-record-mariah-song.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    I would say that, compared to Hope, SD have been massively understated by Cowell! :eek:
    I would say that SD have been massively underestimated by Cowell. I think that he had them in initially so that he could afford to lose an act, in this case SD. Not so and I know think that he's realising it too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would agree.

Hope are the ones that are "bigged up" way beyond anyone's perception of reality.
  • tiggosaurustiggosaurus Posts: 3,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Point me in the direction of some of this "bigging up" he's been doing for them - I'd love to read about it... :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is simon bigging up SD?....possibly as they are his act and his best chance of winning??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i wouldn't say he is - I think he has probably only just realised their potential to be honest. His comments have always been nice to them, but I wouldn't say he's overly enthusiastic - that should change once hope leave
  • Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiggah wrote: »
    I would say that SD have been massively underestimated by Cowell. I think that he had them in initially so that he could afford to lose an act, in this case SD. Not so and I know think that he's realising it too.

Absolutely. He only put them in as cannon fodder to keep Hope and Futureproof in as long as possible. Sadly for him it all went t*ts up.
  • marks thespotmarks thespot Posts: 2,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely. He only put them in as cannon fodder to keep Hope and Futureproof in as long as possible. Sadly for him it all went t*ts up.

Exactly.

Don't forget, he was taken by surprise by Ray Quinn's success last year and only acknowledged him as a serious contender towards the end.

Not quite as savvy as he makes out!
  • temperaretemperare Posts: 3,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Me too, I think we are going to get a 00's version of steps....
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,235
    Forum Member
    his main motivation will be money of course, the tweenie bopper market is huge

but im a SD fan, they have always been professional an given at the very least a reasonable performance, and have worked the pubs and clubs refining their act (always an advantage in my book)

i wouldent bet against them winning if they keep their form up
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Simon always views acts for their money making potential. Clutching at straws with Hope I think...:D
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair. He hasn't got much to pick from. If you had two acts left like Same Difference and Hope - who would you big up?
  • rated_2000rated_2000 Posts: 2,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kyri wrote: »
    To be fair. He hasn't got much to pick from. If you had two acts left like Same Difference and Hope - who would you big up?

he should admit he f**ked up and vote both acts out just like he did with the conway sisters. least then he would keep some credibility instead of making himself look like a complete moron. tryin to con everyone that there good :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can't stand simon if they were anyone elses act he would have treated them the same way as chico, mcdonald brother's sangita american idol or any of the novelty acts every week sticking the knife in occasionaly admiting "your such a nice guy(s)the show would be dull with out you" or something. But because it's his act he's acting like their sensational and can do no wrong. They are mediocre at best and if they weren't his act he would be saying that or worst.
  • tiggosaurustiggosaurus Posts: 3,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he should admit he f**ked up and vote both acts out just like he did with the conway sisters. least then he would keep some credibility instead of making himself look like a complete moron. tryin to con everyone that there good :cool:
    Do you even watch the show? The judges vote has ended, it's down to the public now.

Like I've said, if you can point me in the direction of any extravagant claims Simon has made 'bigging up' SD, then please do so! I think he's damned them with faint praise on occasions, he's meddled with their song choice right at the last minute and, this week, he's given them pretty poor songs in comparison to Hope.

And yet lots of people still like them, unlike Hope - apparently "the best group we've ever had on the X Factor". :rolleyes:'
  • Malc LondonMalc London Posts: 2,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think because they are unique and talented.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We haven't had an act like them before, they're not your average 'group'