Most random advert award - Cadbury Dairy Milk

BlizzardUKBlizzardUK Posts: 4,965
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What is the new Dairy Milk advert all about ? Talk about surreal. Two kids with dancing eyebrows.

Comments

• elite fileselite files Posts: 15,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is is as bad as the guerilla advert?:confused:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are their names Sam and Ella?

Cadbury won't be happy until people are traumatised at the mere sight of a Flake.

Gorilla! Children of the Dammed! arrrrrr!!!

I suppose the next advert will feature nuclear bombs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 404
    Forum Member
    Not impressed with the ad. Just like their one with racing airport vehicles with Queen playing in the background. Too long and too pointless. Still, at least it's not trying to hijack the arse end of your brains with a dopey "ooh Danan" or "your worth it" type gimmick at the end.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The goal of this campaign seems to be to create pointless adverts that get a lot of people talking. So while the adverts themselves are crap/irritating (yes, I am including the gorilla in that), they're fairly successful in achieving their aim.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I've never seen the current ad. :confused:
    I loved the Gorilla ad ;)
  • ElementaireElementaire Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I've never seen the current ad. :confused:
    I loved the Gorilla ad ;)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TVblWq3tDwY
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I happen to like the Gorilla. Never keen on the Trucks, but this is by far the worst.

[URLhttp://tr.im/eyebrows[/URL] >> YouTube video

Dunno how they're gonna remix this one like, unless they add a f*rt soundtrack.

They seem to get most of their ideas from YT, so I assume they'll attempt their own alternative to another internet sensation. Maybe they'll get Chocolate Rain to sing them a song
  • GratingCheeseGratingCheese Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mijath wrote: »
    The goal of this campaign seems to be to create pointless adverts that get a lot of people talking. So while the adverts themselves are crap/irritating (yes, I am including the gorilla in that), they're fairly successful in achieving their aim.

I've seen and complained on here about these stupid adverts. Not bought a Cadbury's product in ages though. Therefore the aim is not being fulfilled.
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    I've seen and complained on here about these stupid adverts. Not bought a Cadbury's product in ages though. Therefore the aim is not being fulfilled.

Unfortunately no amount of rubbish advertising is going to break my addiction to Cadbury's Dairy Milk...:o
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    We saw this last night for the first time and thought it was terrible. Me and my mum were sat saying it was possibly one of the worst adverts we've seen in a long time.

The following advert was about a boy who wanted a poo but only at Pauls house. It was then we released that maybe the Cadbury one wasn't too bad :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I the only one who hasn't seen this advert yet?
  • BBTweetsBBTweets Posts: 12,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nope, I haven't seen it yet but once you've seen the Paul's Poo one quite frankly everything else in the advertising world is Oscar material in comparison.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank God for sky+, now I don't watch any commercials
  • MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    I haven't seen it on tv and I watch loads of tv..though I did look at the youtube link above..my son has talked about it though
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen it a couple of times.

I know the previous batch of Cadbury ads have bore no relevance whatsoever to chocolate, but this one takes the term 'random' to a whole new level!
  • weedledeedleweedledeedle Posts: 8,669
    Forum Member
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    We saw this last night for the first time and thought it was terrible. Me and my mum were sat saying it was possibly one of the worst adverts we've seen in a long time.

The following advert was about a boy who wanted a poo but only at Pauls house. It was then we released that maybe the Cadbury one wasn't too bad :D

that ad is beyond the pale! :p:p:p

such bad taste! on a par with the little lad sitting on the pan, sniffing the air and squishing the Touch n Fresh!

I don't need to know ANY of these things! I have children myself and like most parents don't need to be reminded of their far from salutary toilet habits!!

euw!

but the CDM ad made me laugh (a bit) :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm sure your one man/woman boycott will hit Cadburys where it hurts. ;)
  • Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The ads are very clever. They have nothing to do with chocolate but they get people talking. What all the weird Cadbury ads have in common is purple.

I doubt if the ad. agency got it from Musrum by Thacker and Earnshaw “Mandrills and bishops have purple in common”.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate it! It's creepy. Creepy kids (especially the girl who I'm sure is totally normal looking when not doing this advert), creepy eyebrows, creepy balloon thing (what's that all about?) and I hate the music too. Bring back the gorilla all is forgiven.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    id buy the chocolate without the ads. im obssessed.
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do this ridiculous adverts actually work? It doesn't make me want chocolate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AcerBen wrote: »

your post proves that they do ;)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3GpHyi-E6Ac
  • katiekookatiekoo Posts: 4,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i saw it today for the first time. after my niece and others had said how good it was. it wasn't. it was crap and don't like it at all. but hey, that's just me. :)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AcerBen wrote: »

But you're talking about it ;)

Realistically it won't make people buy it just because of the advert, not a lot of adverts do, but may be more likely to if they're looking for something in a shop
  • jriojrio Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's subliminal. Everyone knows it, talks about it, and has an opinion on it. Job done. I guarantee Cadbury's chocolate bar sales rise.