Options

Doc Martin (Part 6 — Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    kernow19kernow19 Posts: 1,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lambs wrote: »
    I had a quick look at one UK betting site and it doesn't even quote any odds for MC's horse, but just had 'N/R', which I think means that it hasn't got sufficient race history to calculate it's odds for this race.

I'd suggest that N/R stands for non-runner, meaning the horse has now been scratched from the race.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simplyred wrote: »
    It's not that TC -after all he's had quite a busy and eventful career and life :eek: and he seems to be a genuine and interesting bloke with concerns outside his own little world - unlike an awful lot of actors, but, as MM observed, it's lacking in any sort of depth or insight and, IMO, is not even well-written. It really is like a publicity puff -cobbled together from existing material with anything even remotely unfavourable edited out.
    I get the definite impression that there has not been much input from the subject.
    I was under the impression this was an unauthorized biography:confused:.... From what you say, it sounds like these authors simply grind out as many "biographies" as they can, based on who's "hot" at the moment. If indeed this wasn't condoned by MC and company, I think you and MM should post your opinions asap on Amazon to stop these leeches from making more money! How can we look into this, I wonder? Cause if he was involved somehow, and part of the profits are going to some charity somewhere that's a slightly different story (not that it would in anyway excuse the poor quality though:eek:)....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Just got my copy of the MC biog described as "affectionate" which seems to be a euphemism for bland, tepid, and vacuous - load of old re-hashed stuff, big font - not worth buying IMO:mad:

I really dislike the current trend for large print books. MC's book on dogs was just as annoying on that front - not so pleasurable to read and I felt a bit diddled as the book could have been half the size and half as cheap:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MlleReuter wrote: »
    I was under the impression this was an unauthorized biography:confused:.... From what you say, it sounds like these authors simply grind out as many "biographies" as they can, based on who's "hot" at the moment. If indeed this wasn't condoned by MC and company, I think you and MM should post your opinions asap on Amazon to stop these leeches from making more money! How can we look into this, I wonder? Cause if he was involved somehow, and part of the profits are going to some charity somewhere that's a slightly different story (not that it would in anyway excuse the poor quality though:eek:)....

I think it was "authorised" whatever that means. That doesn't mean that it's going to be any good. The author seems to make a living out of celeb biogs. I haven't read any of his other stuff, but if it's as anodyne as this one I'm surprised that he gets any work - unless it's a cleaned-up version of their lives that they want - in which case he's probably yer man! An unauthorised one would probably be much more interesting;) Someone's already posted a review - wonder who that could have been?;);):cool:
    Ginny wrote: »
    I really dislike the current trend for large print books. MC's book on dogs was just as annoying on that front - not so pleasurable to read and I felt a bit diddled as the book could have been half the size and half as cheap:(
    Yes - I agree. I felt that it needed a good editor!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Behind the Scenes is now on YT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CyJ60h3GII
  • Options
    TantraceciliaTantracecilia Posts: 2,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sendibo wrote: »
    Behind the Scenes is now on YT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CyJ60h3GII

LOVELY JUBBLY SEN!! thanks!!! that was amazing!!!!
    loved every bit of it!!!,.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOVELY JUBBLY SEN!! thanks!!! that was amazing!!!!
    loved every bit of it!!!,.....

No problem :) I really like it too, especially the little interviews with MC and CC where he kind of takes the mick out of her :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sendibo wrote: »
    No problem :) I really like it too, especially the little interviews with MC and CC where he kind of takes the mick out of her :D

yeah!! that was funny!!.....loved the mint advice from Joe Absolom....loved when martin speaks about Danny!! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just uploaded chapter 2 of my new fic on to fanfiction.net. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    madmother wrote: »
    I've just uploaded chapter 2 of my new fic on to fanfiction.net. :)

Brilliant - thankyou:D
    Looking forward to more
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just finished MC's biography (yes, already and I've been doing other things too) and it's awful. :mad:
    Just a repitition of facts with occasional quotes from newspapers and tv interviews.
    I feel totally ripped off. :mad:
    I'm off to post a review on amazon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just finished MC's biography (yes, already and I've been doing other things too) and it's awful. :mad:
    Just a repitition of facts with occasional quotes from newspapers and tv interviews.

It's not really a biography at all - more a list of acting jobs - perhaps we should complain under the Trades Descriptions Act:D:D:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not really a biography at all - more a list of acting jobs - perhaps we should complain under the Trades Descriptions Act:D:D:p

Apparently his horse isn't a race horse either as it didn't run in the end.....
  • Options
    whalewhale Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for lettiing us know about the biography MM. I saw your critique on Amazon together with someone else who said it would be a good substitute for a "short table leg" I guess those reviews will put paid to this book...

Wonder what happened to the "race horse" lambs, hope it didn't end up like his last horse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whale wrote: »
    Thanks for lettiing us know about the biography MM. I saw your critique on Amazon together with someone else who said it would be a good substitute for a "short table leg" I guess those reviews will put paid to this book...

Wonder what happened to the "race horse" lambs, hope it didn't end up like his last horse.

what happend with his last horse????? :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone's already posted a review - wonder who that could have been?;);):cool:

...and I see the price has been reduced already:rolleyes:.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MlleReuter wrote: »
    ...and I see the price has been reduced already:rolleyes:.

really??? or you are just joking????? :eek::eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MM - I looked at Fanfiction.net and it just seems like it was ages ago - do you have to register in order to get to DM stories?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whale wrote: »

Well, I did have cause to use a glue stick the other day......:eek:;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    sunanglais wrote: »
    MM - I looked at Fanfiction.net and it just seems like it was ages ago - do you have to register in order to get to DM stories?

Hi sunanglais,
    You don't have to register to view the stories, only to review them, or to write them.
    The direct link is
    http://www.fanfiction.net/tv/Doc_Martin/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lambs wrote: »
    Well, I did have cause to use a glue stick the other day......:eek:;)

:eek::eek::eek:lol Lambs
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

love your review MM:D:D Totally fair & accurate
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    love your review MM:D:D Totally fair & accurate

Thx, SR. :):)
    Loved yours too. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    It must be an unauthorised biography as surely otherwise MC would be doing the publicity rounds?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member

Was going to buy it Dont think Ill bother now:cry:
This discussion has been closed.