Options

The Official Christmas Radio Times 2014 Countdown Thread

Comments

• Options
    SamthefootballSamthefootball Posts: 4,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Nights are now drawing in. Soon it will be autumn and then the Christmas countdown really begins. :D
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like there is going to be a Sherlock Christmas Special but not until 2015.

So, Christmas day 2015 could be the year it all changes! Disappointing news that we have to wait so long and it pretty much firms up a virtual replica of Christmas night 2013.

5.00pm SCD
    6.15 CtM
    7.30 DW
    8.30 EE
    9.30 Open All Hours
    10.00 Mrs. Brown's Boys

Does that look likely?
  • Options
    BatfinkBatfink Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    wizzywick wrote: »
    I'm the opposite! I no longer have Sky so no longer have the very festive Lapland with Sue Johnston.

Still got this on my sky box along with Seasons Greetings :) -both are locked
  • Options
    burbeburbe Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, Christmas day 2015 could be the year it all changes! Disappointing news that we have to wait so long and it pretty much firms up a virtual replica of Christmas night 2013.

5.00pm SCD
    6.15 CtM
    7.30 DW
    8.30 EE
    9.30 Open All Hours
    10.00 Mrs. Brown's Boys

Does that look likely?

I have a feeling they'll split EE this year to maximise ratings over 30 mins in the second episode. Maybe...

5:15 SCD (BBC One) / News + Emmerdale (ITV)
    6:30 DW (BBC One) / Paul O'Grady (ITV)
    7:30 EE (BBC One) / ?? (ITV)
    8:00 CTM (BBC One) / Corrie (ITV)
    9:15 EE (BBC One) / DA (ITV)
    9:45 OAH / DA (ITV)
    10:15 MBB / DA (ITV)

8:00 would probably be too late for Doctor Who on Christmas Day, but similarly I'm not certain they'd give the key slot to CTM. Really I think the BBC could rate very highly with that schedule, particularly 9:15 onwards.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Batfink wrote: »
    Still got this on my sky box along with Seasons Greetings :) -both are locked

Seasons Greetings. That was a darn good show! I clearly remember watching it on BBC2 on Christmas Eve 1986 because both BBC1 and ITV had pretty terrible schedules that year. BBC2 was the best of the lot! I loved Seasons Greetings. Very dark in the end though. Made me feel grateful that our family had pretty miniscule bickerings compared to what is portrayed in that drama!
  • Options
    BatfinkBatfink Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Seasons Greetings. That was a darn good show! I clearly remember watching it on BBC2 on Christmas Eve 1986 because both BBC1 and ITV had pretty terrible schedules that year. BBC2 was the best of the lot! I loved Seasons Greetings. Very dark in the end though. Made me feel grateful that our family had pretty miniscule bickerings compared to what is portrayed in that drama!

Yep it's a great show. It was in bbc4 about 3-4 years ago. I watch it every year around the 22nd December. I believe it has only ever been shown twice.
  • Options
    NRGNRG Posts: 3,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Nights are now drawing in. Soon it will be autumn and then the Christmas countdown really begins. :D

I'm all for Christmas but you shouldn't really be wishing your life away given life's already too short as it is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

5.00pm SCD
    6.15 CtM
    7.30 DW
    8.30 EE
    9.30 Open All Hours
    10.00 Mrs. Brown's Boys

Does that look likely?

looks about right

nothing that interests me at all>:(
  • Options
    td1983td1983 Posts: 2,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been thinking about this for months, and this would be the ITV Christmas Day schedule I'd personally go with, film rights permitting, of course:

ITV, Christmas Day 2014, my schedule:

10.00 Film:The Grinch (2000)
    12.00 You've Been Framed At Christmas
    1.00 ITV News, weather
    1.15 Film:Katy Perry:Part of Me (2012)
    3.00 The Queen
    3.10 Film:Arthur Christmas (2012)
    4.50 Ant and Dec's Christmas Day Takeaway (pre-recorded, obviously)
    5.50 ITV News, weather
    6.05 Downton Abbey
    8.00 Coronation Street
    9.00 Film:Skyfall (2012)
    11.40-12.00 ITV News, weather

I think that would be a pretty strong line-up with which to beat the BBC, but I still think the BBC would come out on top, regardless. I was going to have Mr Popper's Penguins in the 1.15 slot, but Channel 4 gave it its network premiere the other week.
  • Options
    BoyontbridgeBoyontbridge Posts: 443
    Forum Member

5.00pm SCD
    6.15 CtM
    7.30 DW
    8.30 EE
    9.30 Open All Hours
    10.00 Mrs. Brown's Boys

Does that look likely?

Surely they'll not try to resurrect OAH?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looks like there is going to be a Sherlock Christmas Special but not until 2015.

As Ever Claire's Dad first out of the blocks, but...........now it's officail, and not with the precursor 'there's a rumour that'.......or 'my mate reckons'......... Does this justify starting a 2015 thread as we now have an official Christmas Special to post?
  • Options
    Claires_dadClaires_dad Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    As Ever Claire's Dad first out of the blocks, but...........now it's officail, and not with the precursor 'there's a rumour that'.......or 'my mate reckons'......... Does this justify starting a 2015 thread as we now have an official Christmas Special to post?

:D

Having said that BBC the special hasn't been confirmed as being broadcast at Christmas, the official press release just says there will be a Special followed by 3 new episodes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2014/sherlock-miss-me
  • Options
    Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    Didn't Martin Freeman let slip that there is a Sherlock Holmes Special to be creened at Christmas (or do you think they'll hold it for New Year?)
  • Options
    burbeburbe Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Either they've made a special for Christmas because the series won't be ready to air in January or the special will air around Summer and the series as normal in January 2016.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    burbe wrote: »
    Either they've made a special for Christmas because the series won't be ready to air in January or the special will air around Summer and the series as normal in January 2016.

Agreed.

Freeman said they were going to make a special that would probably be a Christmas one before yesterday's official announcement.

The statement said that the Special would film in January 2015 with the 3 further episodes being filmed later in the year. (It doesn't call it a Christmas Special)

There's no reason, therefore, that the Special could not be shown at Easter with the 3 new episodes shown over the Christmas/New Year period.

We'll just have to wait and see.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Agreed.

Freeman said they were going to make a special that would probably be a Christmas one before yesterday's official announcement.

The statement said that the Special would film in January 2015 with the 3 further episodes being filmed later in the year. (It doesn't call it a Christmas Special)

There's no reason, therefore, that the Special could not be shown at Easter with the 3 new episodes shown over the Christmas/New Year period.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Martin Freeman set the ball rolling on this:-
    He told The Telegraph: "I'm speaking off-message here; if this was New Labour I'd get fired - I think that might be for next Christmas. A Christmas special. That's what I understand."
    The BBC have since confirmed the 'Special' will be filmed in early Jan 15, with the other 3 being filmed later in the year. I think the 'Special' is nailed on for Christmas 15 as their Flagship Programme (I'd also like to be the first to 'guess' the two of 'em will grace the Christmas 15 edition cover).The other 3 will either be Nov/Dec 15 - Jan 16 or Easter 16.
    And Yes, that's a long time to wait............
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have been reliably informed that ITV will be showing a Through the Keyhole Christmas Special.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been reliably informed that ITV will be showing a Through the Keyhole Christmas Special.

Well, yes, er.................yes! Good old Kieth Lemon (not!)!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, yes, er.................yes! Good old Kieth Lemon (not!)!

Can't stand him myself, but each to their own!
  • Options
    Aaron_CardwellAaron_Cardwell Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    Any news on BBC Comedy this Christmas? I would love a Gavin and Stacey Christmas Special
  • Options
    lindilindi Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    Do you think Mrs Brown the Movie might be on it is a bbc film?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lindi wrote: »
    Do you think Mrs Brown the Movie might be on it is a bbc film?

It is unlikely to feature in this schedules this Christmas, but is possibly a dead cert for heading up Christmas night 2015 along with Sherlock. The films this Christmas are likely to be:

Alan Partridge
    Warhorse
    Puss in Boots
    John Carter
    Pirates (The Aardman animation).

and that's about it. The cupboard is very bare this year.
  • Options
    marke09marke09 Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what is the rule concerning films these days? use to be three years before screening on FTA but looking at the 2011 releases some like Cars 2 were shown last year so if its less could Les Miserables be on?
  • Options
    J-StarJ-Star Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    Any news on BBC Comedy this Christmas? I would love a Gavin and Stacey Christmas Special

Ah that would be lovely! But sadly I don't hold out much hope.
  • Options
    Aaron_CardwellAaron_Cardwell Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    J-Star wrote: »
    Ah that would be lovely! But sadly I don't hold out much hope.

I don't want them to make another AB FAB or Royle Family for the sake of making it..