Half time beef

fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
Forum Member
While I like Claudia, her alternative sense of humour does jar a bit with Strictly, especially when it was supposed to be an important night.

The halftime beef joke was a good example of this.

Maybe she should be kept firmly on Claude 9?

Comments

• mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I felt it fell slightly flat.
    If she had brought on a leg of lamb, it would have been hilarious
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To me it was a prime example of the producers thinking 'ooh, Claudia's quirky. Let's make her do stupid stuff with props. So wacky!!!!'

I do wish they would knob off and let the people they employed to do a job get on with doing that job, instead of imposing their own 'brilliant' ideas upon them.
  • *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,129
    Forum Member
    I didn't think it was funny or quirky. It was amateurish and didn't belong to the semi final night of SCD. Last night should have been about bigging up the celebs so their nerves didn't take over, not "look at how funny and quirky we are now that the old codger has gone". :mad:
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was funny...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    You are aware that it isn't actually important at all right?
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tedious
  • VientreVientre Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was unfunny and pointless, and people complained about Brucies jokes
  • chicken_dinnerchicken_dinner Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    I must have missed the joke. Seemed completely pointless to me.
  • TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Laura* wrote: »
    I didn't think it was funny or quirky. It was amateurish and didn't belong to the semi final night of SCD. Last night should have been about bigging up the celebs so their nerves didn't take over, not "look at how funny and quirky we are now that the old codger has gone". :mad:

That's how I always find her. Irritating beyond words. I thought she was OK on ITT but not the big show.
    I wish I could sort of blend her out completely but all I can do is mute when she's on.
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member
    I think Claudia's great, she's spontaneous and good at adlibbing. She's not to blame for the beef thing though OP, it was a scripted joke and whoever came up with it thought Claudia would make it work, but even she couldn't :D
  • A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Random and was wrong.

There wasn't any Yorkshire pud or roast potatoes.

However not so sereal as some people pretending to offer and pass no existent good here on the spoiler thread, that's very random.
  • Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the beef idea wasn't her own idea and she was asked to do it. Overall, I think Claudia is naturally witty as well as being good with the contestants, and I like her.
  • tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt sorry for Claudia being asked/directed/told to try and pull off such a crummy ?joke.
  • davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The comedy writing is generally quite poor and it relies on the hosts to put some life into it if they can. The same can be said of It Takes Two as well.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Claudia but that carry on was just embarrassing. She is SOOO much better than that.:(
  • mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Claudia's attempts at being humerous just do not work, not for us anyway. We think it's quite cringeworthy.
    For goodness sake, if she just did the role of interviewing, she would be fine but coming on with a beef joint! Very strange.
    I do wish the beeb would pull the reigns in a bit.
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    A.D.P wrote: »

However not so sereal as some people pretending to offer and pass no existent good here on the spoiler thread, that's very random.

What does this mean? :confused:
  • duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Random and was wrong.

There wasn't any Yorkshire pud or roast potatoes.

Pardon ?
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member
    fefster wrote: »
    What does this mean? :confused:

I think they've started on the mince pies and sherry already :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Claudia's attempts at being humerous just do not work, not for us anyway. We think it's quite cringeworthy.
    For goodness sake, if she just did the role of interviewing, she would be fine but coming on with a beef joint! Very strange.
    I do wish the beeb would pull the reigns in a bit.

You know that the beeb have full control of the reins, don't you? No one is given free rein on the show.

I am perpetually flummoxed by the fact that a considerable portion of the public can't see how heavily scripted and controlled the show is. Do you really think they just point a camera in the general direction of everyone and hope for the best?
  • via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:confused:
    I'd say this was predictive text, but that would have corrected the spelling....