Options

Million Pound Drop is back! Friday 15th June

GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
Forum Member
✭✭
Just saw this tweet on #millionpounddrop:
The UK's most predictable quiz show, The Million Pound Drop Live returns on Friday 15th June. You read it on here FIRST! #millionpounddrop

Comments

• Options
    SydneyHedgehogSydneyHedgehog Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh my god!!

(actually my real reaction was one of ........ well thats nice but I wonder what the weather is going to be like on the weekend)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woooo :D:D:D!!
  • Options
    HazelKeelanHazelKeelan Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope that Davina has kept her bum in good shape.:)
  • Options
    billyboy789billyboy789 Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do like the format, although strangely unlike other UK quiz formats it hasn't taken off abroad, but I wish the questions were more fact based than celebrity tweets, and the contestants were less pretty and more intelligent.

I agree re Dav's divine plump arse

Although sad to relate, time is marching on, however much Dav tries to squeeze it
    it into tighter jeans [ akin to trying to stuff a duvet into a pillow case ] the fact is the arse is getting older, wobblier and lower.
  • Options
    SydneyHedgehogSydneyHedgehog Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do like the format, although strangely unlike other UK quiz formats it hasn't taken off abroad, but I wish the questions were more fact based than celebrity tweets, and the contestants were less pretty and more intelligent.

I agree re Dav's divine plump arse

" unlike other UK quiz formats" - what UK quiz show formats have taken off overseas? Id really be interested to know the answer to this, and I'd suggest you research your answers before you post, just to save you looking foolish. (Heres a hint: Most of the shows you believe are 'UK' developed shows are actually foreign shows imported here)

The whole show is aimed at a certain market. When was the last time you saw 40 year olds appear? In fact Im amazed no one has taken them down the discrimination route yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    " unlike other UK quiz formats" - what UK quiz show formats have taken off overseas? Id really be interested to know the answer to this, and I'd suggest you research your answers before you post, just to save you looking foolish. (Heres a hint: Most of the shows you believe are 'UK' developed shows are actually foreign shows imported here)

Thanks, Mr Superior, but I was thinking of Millionaire and Weakest Link who have sold their formats all over the world
  • Options
    newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Can't wait, this show is one of my guilty pleasures. :)
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    newkid30 wrote: »
    Can't wait, this show is one of my guilty pleasures. :)

Me too!
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me three!
  • Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Whether most UK game shows were developed here is irrelevant to the point billy was making. He specifically mentioned "UK quiz formats" so overseas ones would be excluded, you should read the post properly before posting and it would save you looking foolish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rubbish scheduling for the first show on Friday, starts at 8:30 right in the middle of the England game :rolleyes:
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bex. wrote: »
    rubbish scheduling for the first show on Friday, starts at 8:30 right in the middle of the England game :rolleyes:

Hmmm ..Hard choice for me...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Indeed, will you watch a bunch of preening, feeble minded 20 somethings making idiots of themselves, orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... watch M P Drop ? :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed, will you watch a bunch of preening, feeble minded 20 somethings making idiots of themselves, orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... watch M P Drop ? :cool:

hah they'll crash and burn in the groups so may as well watch it happen :cool: BB is on at 10, so MPD is gonna have to wait until Saturday
  • Options
    daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to this. It's one of the few things that me and my fiancé can enjoy together.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's this, like... series 82?
  • Options
    Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    I like the format but the questions can verge on the ridiculous eg. which of these foods has the highest salt content...?

And Davina isn't bad either ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just seen a ad for this and it said that this time when you play along onine you will can win a chance to go on the show with a mystery celebrity partner :eek: sounds fun :D
  • Options
    AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We can play on our mobiles now:)
  • Options
    matchmakermatchmaker Posts: 1,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gave up on it a couple of series ago. Watch a bunch of pretty, but dense, 20 year olds answering inane questions? No thanks, I'd rather spend the evening extracting my toenails with a pair of pliers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AxG wrote: »
    We can play on our mobiles now:)

is there an app?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i looked on the app store, and some of the reviews say the app is free but you have to pay £1.49 to play :confused:
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i looked on the app store, and some of the reviews say the app is free but you have to pay £1.49 to play :confused:

That's for the "Play Any Time" option. Playing along with the show is free.
  • Options
    daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    matchmaker wrote: »
    Gave up on it a couple of series ago. Watch a bunch of pretty, but dense, 20 year olds answering inane questions? No thanks, I'd rather spend the evening extracting my toenails with a pair of pliers.

Wow. Harsh.

Last series had plenty of 30 + players.