Options

Marina is too ugly for her record label!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 471
Forum Member
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a407962/marina-and-the-diamonds-label-think-im-ugly-in-new-video.html

Apparently according to Marina her new video is being delayed because her label think she's too ugly. She tweeted this earlier:
"So, someone at my record label wont let me release the video bc I look ugly in it apparently + we need more $ / time to paint out ugly parts,"

I hope the video isn't touched up to the max so she looks like some plastic barbie.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's hilarious how she called them out on Twitter. I love her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's beautiful. But the song is not so good. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    I think everyone's taking this literally when it's not meant to be...
  • Options
    LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tactical promotion? It's not like her last video or single did well. I want to see the video NOW, so it's working. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if that wasn't even her posting that on her Twitter - or that she was told to.
  • Options
    RickWhiteRickWhite Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It might be because it's shite
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    Tactical promotion? It's not like her last video or single did well. I want to see the video NOW, so it's working. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if that wasn't even her posting that on her Twitter - or that she was told to.

I doubt Marina's famous enough to pull off this kind of stunt. The vast majority of people have no clue of her existence to even care whether or not she looks ugly in a video.

Outside of her fanbase she's very unknown.

And trust me,she always tweets her tweets herself!
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, Marina is obviously beautiful (one of the hottest girls in the whole industry, let's be honest!) but we don't know what image she's gone for in this video. Maybe the label want her to have a more conventionally pretty look, or whatever...

I love her music and I'm not a massive pop fan. She always seems to get it right and impress me with her stuff. She writes a heck of a lot of her songs herself.
  • Options
    Scratchy7929Scratchy7929 Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think the jibe was against Warner Music Group who are the owners of sub-label 679.A little bit of 'internal' music industry politics going on here I would say.I'm sure the comment is a little tongue in cheek but there is an element of Marina pushing her contractual boundaries as well.
  • Options
    BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    It was a joke everyone...
  • Options
    Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Que the "OMG nooooo!!! You're beuatiful!!!!!!!!!" responses. Yawn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HigXx wrote: »

The video release was delayed though / promotional costs will be deducted out her own profits - she's bound to feel a little exasperated.It could mean (in the most unlikely possible extremes :rolleyes:) that Marina sells more singles due to the alterations they are making to the video.She may have overstated the reasons why Atlantic / BMG are making the changes but it was an attempt to belittle / poke fun at them, a little bit, as well.Trouble is she has little say in what or how the Major label decides to spend on promotion, although she effectively is paying these costs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HigXx wrote: »

The video release was delayed though / promotional costs will be deducted out her own profits - she's bound to feel a little exasperated.It could mean (in the most unlikely possible extremes :rolleyes:) that Marina sells more singles due to the alterations they are making to the video.She may have overstated the reasons why Atlantic / BMG are making the changes (for comic effect) but it was an attempt to belittle / poke fun at them, a little bit, as well.Trouble is she has little say in what or how the Major label decides to spend on promotion, although she effectively is paying these costs.
  • Options
    BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Que the "OMG nooooo!!! You're beuatiful!!!!!!!!!" responses. Yawn.

I know what you mean, certain people seem obliged to say that even if they don't find the person 'beautiful'.
  • Options
    TheBigBoyTheBigBoy Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    I love Marina And The Diamonds, I love her new album.

Her new album should have done alot better then it did.
  • Options
    Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.directlyrics.com/marina-and-the-diamonds--how-to-be-a-heartbreaker-music-video-news.html

For anybody who hasn't seen the video.:confused: I wouldn't say she looked ugly :p.. however, for such a good song, the video is crap as hell!