Will you take an interest in the celebrities outside of the show?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
Forum Member
✭✭
For example has anyone here became a fan of The Saturdays because of Frankie, or became a fan of Pixie Lott and checked out her music, or tuned in to Eastenders to see Jake etc? :)

Comments

• ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,936
    Forum Member
    Not really, no
  • primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    no.

rarely know who they are when they come in, don't follow the trashy press while they are in, and have rarely clapped eyes on most of 'em after they left.

if you don't watch soaps or daytime tv, this seems to be fairly easy... :D
  • BricksyBricksy Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    I might cast a sideways glance at the latest Ultimo campaign featuring Mrs. Crouch but that's all really. ;-)
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, not at all. Why would we? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sofakat wrote: »
    No, not at all. Why would we? :confused:

Well if you just discover these people and really like them as contestants/want them to win, it's possible you might have a curious check at their music/TV shows out of interest? :confused: Not really a complicated question.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    I make a point of following all the Strictly celebs (and pros) on twitter and I never unfollow them after they leave (though tempted in the case of Mr Jordan).
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    No. Once the show's over so are they as far as I'm concerned.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, never. If I am a fan before the show I would continue to buy music or whatever.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    For example has anyone here became a fan of The Saturdays because of Frankie, or became a fan of Pixie Lott and checked out her music, or tuned in to Eastenders to see Jake etc? :)

No. I'm only interested in the celebs as far as their dancing on strictly is concerned; mostly once they are out of the show, they are out of my mind.
  • via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never become a fan of anyone just because they appeared on Strictly, but I have taken an interest in what some of them have been up to after the show.

For instance, I have never been a fan of McFly, but after Harry's win, I sort of kept an eye on them (and 'McBusted'). Same with Louis and Abbey. I also followed Sophie E-B and continue to check out what she does now.

As to this year's celebs, I was a (secret :blush:) fan of Blue, and Simon was my favourite, so I'm naturally following him and will continue to do so after SCD is finished.
    Same with Mark. I never watched him on TOWIE, but he came across quite well on I'm A Celeb, so I took an interest in him too, and will probably follow what he gets up to after the show has finished and check him out on the Take Me Out follow-on.

Does SCD make me a new fan of any of the celebs? I would say no. Just a little more curious. :)
  • londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was aware of Simon before Strictly but didn't pay that much attention to him. After the show, I will continue to follow him and Kristina, in what they do, because I think that, they are lovely. Also, I've discovered that I quite like Blue. :)
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Despite what people say, I think it's natural to take a bit more interest in celebrities who have appeared on your tv screen every Saturday for weeks. That doesn't mean I suddenly become a "fan"..I can't remember being a fan of anyone in my life.
  • Strictly_fanStrictly_fan Posts: 16,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I became a fan of Girls Aloud when Kimberley was on. Also I got into Sophie's music last year. And also Pixie this year when I heard she was on it. I got excited because I have always liked her music. But became a proper fan when she was announced for strictly
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No but if I see them on TV, etc, I'll remember back to SCD.

Actually, I was watching a Christmas episode of The Thin Blue Line earlier and a very young Jake was on it. I smiled a little as seeing him now in SCD he's so mature. Nice to see him, and he was playing a thug, he does that so well lol. I like him :)
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do BUT only for the celebrities that I REALLY, REALLY like ;).
    I regularly check Abbey to see what she's up too. I'm so glad to see her doing so well :). Hmm....that's about it really....

I used to check on Alesha and Chelsee healey as well BUT nowadays the only celebrity that hold my interest beyond the show is Abbey :)
  • BricksyBricksy Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Wow, we made it to post #17 before the first personal attack.

Before this show I had heard of Pixie Lott but had no idea what her singing was like. I checked it out on Youtube. Let's just say I won't become a fan. However I did find her appearance on SCD very enjoyable.

I have never watched any soaps so have no idea who the Corrie/Eastenders/etc. are before they appear on the show. After the show I usually forget about them again. Only exception is Kara Tointon whom I have noticed in a couple of TV dramas since SCD. I wouldn't say I'm actively folliwing what she gets up to though.

The whole celebrity/fan culture is a bit of a mystery to me. I just can't seem to take a lot of interest in people that I don't know personally. As much as I enjoy SCD, once a season is over I don't give it much thought.
  • foxyredfoxyred Posts: 15,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noooo, only for the tour gig but after that can't see why I would :confused:
  • mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interested only to the point of noticing who gets the first gig in musical theatre afterwards.
    I've got a fiver resting on Jake giving us his Billy Flynn in Chicago before Easter
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    I've warmed up to a few celebs like Pixie, Caroline. and Alex Jones, but no more than that.
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimi dlc wrote: »
    Interested only to the point of noticing who gets the first gig in musical theatre afterwards.
    I've got a fiver resting on Jake giving us his Billy Flynn in Chicago before Easter

:D:D:D

Nah, I've know that show. Billy needs to be gorgeous, classy and tap dance really well. Ours was 6ft 2, blonde and drop dead handsome.

Jake would be seriously miscast :D Bill Sykes maybe?
  • tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sofakat wrote: »
    :D:D:D

Nah, I've know that show. Billy needs to be gorgeous, classy and tap dance really well. Ours was 6ft 2, blonde and drop dead handsome.

Jake would be seriously miscast :D Bill Sykes maybe?

If he can sing, he could definitely do Bill Sykes.
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    I'm quite surprised by the negative reaction to this... sounds like, other than a decent pay day, Strictly isn't quite the career reviver some would like to think, at least if this forum is anything to go by?

I will certainly be paying more attention to some of my favourites from the series and, having brought me lots of entertainment these past few months, I will be happy to see them do well in their various ventures. I agree with Arcana to an extent; I don't follow EVERYONE on Twitter, but those I do, I tend to stick with.
  • mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »
    I'm quite surprised by the negative reaction to this... sounds like, other than a decent pay day, Strictly isn't quite the career reviver some would like to think, at least if this forum is anything to go by?

I will certainly be paying more attention to some of my favourites from the series and, having brought me lots of entertainment these past few months, I will be happy to see them do well in their various ventures. I agree with Arcana to an extent; I don't follow EVERYONE on Twitter, but those I do, I tend to stick with.

Well, I've heard of some of them now, and hadn't before, so yes- it's raised their profile in my eyes.
  • ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    Gracious. No.

Nothing against them but none of the remaining dancers seem interesting in their own right. My interests are cricket, F1, books, dogs. So, unless we get a cricketer (more, please!), Lewis or Jenson, a 'proper' author or Mary Ray (who does dancing with dogs/obedience) then they come and they go. I enjoy the J-words and then on to the next series.

Dear, oh dear. As if I would become a FAN of a pop-singer! Or a chap from TOWIE!
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Gracious. No.

Nothing against them but none of the remaining dancers seem interesting in their own right. My interests are cricket, F1, books, dogs. So, unless we get a cricketer (more, please!), Lewis or Jenson, a 'proper' author or Mary Ray (who does dancing with dogs/obedience) then they come and they go. I enjoy the J-words and then on to the next series.

Dear, oh dear. As if I would become a FAN of a pop-singer! Or a chap from TOWIE!

The idea is to simply enjoy watching people learn a proper skill and apply it well, who they are is irrelevant.