Options

Walking Dead - Season 5 (US Sun/UK Mon) - No Spoilers

Comments

• Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Next weeks episode looks good with Beth, I guess it will be her story until the Daryl/Carol episode? Loving this series
  • Options
    deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    varsas wrote: »
    Did anyone understand the lines between Rick and Tyrese whiel they were digging the grave? I think Rick asks him what happened with him at Terminus and he said that he died? Tyrese never made it to Terminus so...?
    gashead wrote: »
    Rick asks him "I never asked how it was for you...getting to Terminus." (my emphasis). Tyrese says "It killed me.", i.e. the journey itself killed him, spiritually, emotionally, morally etc.
    varsas wrote: »
    Ah that makes sense! Thanks, I'll let my wife know too since we were both confused about it last night :D

BIB - thanks for that, I also didn't hear what was said during that scene. I sometimes find that some of Rick's lines are pretty badly mumbled - have to really concentrate to hear and understand what he has said - maybe its the beard?!!!
  • Options
    SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looked to me like he went in through his ear, I didn't think it was as high as his temple. Wasn't that how Carol taught Lizzie & Mica to finish people off? In which case, it must be easier to push a knife into the brain via the ear.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pterion

Its the weakest part of the skull. Usually, one good punch there will knock someone out.
  • Options
    Chas1989Chas1989 Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    First 3 eps have been great.

Was surprised to see the Terminus crew killed. I knew Rick and co would kill them at some point but was surprised their deaths came so soon.

Gabriel is becoming an interesting character. His introduction last week was good but his backstory this week was great.

Looking forward to seeing what is happening with Beth. Given what is shown in the Season 5 trailer, next week's ep could be rather good too.
  • Options
    Steve AWOLSteve AWOL Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deans6571 wrote: »
    BIB - thanks for that, I also didn't hear what was said during that scene. I sometimes find that some of Rick's lines are pretty badly mumbled - have to really concentrate to hear and understand what he has said - maybe its the beard?!!!

Glad to hear that it's not just me who struggled to understand what was said in that scene, I had to rewind it and put the subtitles on!
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Steve AWOL wrote: »
    Glad to hear that it's not just me who struggled to understand what was said in that scene, I had to rewind it and put the subtitles on!

I've found a solution to the mumbling problem .........I listen on headphones !

I only watch 5 or 6 shows a week so it's no big deal to get the headphones on.......though not practical if you're watching with the family
  • Options
    Steve AWOLSteve AWOL Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »

I only watch 5 or 6 shows a week so it's no big deal to get the headphones on.......though not practical if you're watching with the family

I was wearing headphones and still couldn't understand what he was saying :blush:
  • Options
    Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve AWOL wrote: »

I did the exact same thing! They should have atleast cleaned the audio up a bit
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do find Rick mumbles his lines quite frequently. Luckily its easy to rewind and listen more carefully.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why hasn't Maggie mentioned Beth at all, or asked Daryl what happened to her?
  • Options
    loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Daryl is replying to her when he mentions the car with the white cross ----
  • Options
    Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    Chas1989 wrote: »
    First 3 eps have been great.

Was surprised to see the Terminus crew killed. I knew Rick and co would kill them at some point but was surprised their deaths came so soon.

Gabriel is becoming an interesting character. His introduction last week was good but his backstory this week was great.

Looking forward to seeing what is happening with Beth. Given what is shown in the Season 5 trailer, next week's ep could be rather good too.

I'm surprised they killed Gareth & Co too. Maybe they don't want to repeat the mistakes of season 3 and 4, dragging the Governor story on?

I agree the first 3 episodes have been great. I only caught up with them yesterday and was gripped for 3 hrs. Trying not to get my hopes up because each season has started strong then meanders as they drag stuff out but maybe the quick end to the Terminus story is a sign of pacier times to come.

Tyreese though....man, they should not leave that guy in charge of kids. Last season he left 3 children alone to help a stranger, then left Lizzie to murder her sister. This season he turns his back on that cannibal who grabbed Judith. Hes the new Andrea..one bad decision after another.
  • Options
    peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member

Tyreese though....man, they should not leave that guy in charge of kids. Last season he left 3 children alone to help a stranger, then left Lizzie to murder her sister. This season he turns his back on that cannibal who grabbed Judith. Hes the new Andrea..one bad decision after another.

Can't agree with that at all. The fact that he left the prison with the three kids at all instead of ditching them and trying to make it on his own is a huge deal. Foolish maybe, but the fact that he tried to help that stranger showed that he still has his humanity, and wants to do the right thing.

He didn't leave Lizzie to murder her sister, he didn't understand the full extent of her delusional thinking, unlike Carol.

And finally, no one can be compared with the foolishness that was Andrea. That woman was in a league of her own.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    They knew the Church was being watched so Rick deliberately led most of the group with most of the Guns away to seemingly attack the Termites at the School.

This gave the Termites the chance to capture the rest of the group at the Church but it was all a trap set by Rick as he had never intended to attack the School but always double back and get behind the Termites.

I guess so but why did the Termites leave Bob at the church as surely doing so would make it obvious what they were up to :confused: Leaving Bob seemed to signal that they were urging Rick et al to go after them leaving the church vulnerable. It just seems a bit of a naff ill thought out and not very convincing story line tbh :(

Something I didn't notice or have forgotten :blush: is did Bob tell Rick's group that he was cannibalised?
    aggielane wrote: »
    I asked the same question about Tyreese but he did Talking Dead and said that as far as he was concerned he did think he had killed Martin

This makes it even more curious :confused: Then i assume we are to believe that essentially Tyresse can kill again which was confirmed somewhat with him volunteering to kill Bob.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess so but why did the Termites leave Bob at the church as surely doing so would make it obvious what they were up to :confused:Leaving Bob seemed to signal that they were urging Rick et al to go after them leaving the church vulnerable.

They were.

They expected Rick and Co to go all the way to the school (and possibly then be attacked by the Zombies slowly breaking out) so there would be at least a 20 minute window for them to go in and take the people left in the Church.

Leaving Bob also served another purpose as it would upset Ricks group.

They weren't going to eat any more of Bob once they found out he was infected so they could either just kill him or use him to upset/scare Rick's group.

Painting the "A" on the Church was another thing to scare the group as it showed that they just thought of the church as another storage shed for their food like the box cars were.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Something I didn't notice or have forgotten :blush: is did Bob tell Rick's group that he was cannibalised?

He told the group that he woke up and they were eating his leg in front of him.:(
  • Options
    hendollhendoll Posts: 5,646
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    Ahh, million dollar question. We all want to know why. It's certainly downgraded Maggie in the character-I-care-about league for me. Glenn and her are subsumed now into one. It's a shame. I was remembering Glenn's character when he was first introduced, saving Rick's ass wandering into town on a horse hah hah! Glenn has previous. Maggie - not so much and just never quite connected for me, anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Although I'm not a fan of Maggie's, but it has been mentioned a couple of times that there was a conversation in the bus car where Daryl told the group that Beth had been taken by someone in a car with a cross on the back, and Maggie asked "So she's alive?". Granted, she hasn't mentioned her sister since, but you can't really expect too much from her seeing as she only has eyes for Glenn.
  • Options
    talentedmonkeytalentedmonkey Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess so but why did the Termites leave Bob at the church as surely doing so would make it obvious what they were up to :confused: Leaving Bob seemed to signal that they were urging Rick et al to go after them leaving the church vulnerable. It just seems a bit of a naff ill thought out and not very convincing story line tbh :(

Actully it is very convincing and clever, if you are familiar with war strategy there is a thing called Divide and COnquer. AS a single group with all that fire power, it would have been suicide to take Ricks group on as a single entity, leaving Bob ourside church was a taunt and a message to say "We are here and coming for you soon".

They assumed that like most people they would then go after them to kill them, result in division of group. Fortunately Rick etc saw through the plan and decided to trick them, knew the building was being watched, leave and come back a few mins later to finish them off, which they did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Actully it is very convincing and clever, if you are familiar with war strategy there is a thing called Divide and COnquer. AS a single group with all that fire power, it would have been suicide to take Ricks group on as a single entity, leaving Bob ourside church was a taunt and a message to say "We are here and coming for you soon".

They assumed that like most people they would then go after them to kill them, result in division of group. Fortunately Rick etc saw through the plan and decided to trick them, knew the building was being watched, leave and come back a few mins later to finish them off, which they did.

I think it was pretty easy to see through :blush: I can only assume the Termites have become cretins as a result of cannibalism as they didn't consider it would so clearly look like a ploy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    peach45 wrote: »
    He told the group that he woke up and they were eating his leg in front of him.:(

:o Not sure how I managed to miss that :blush: Mind it seems to add even more credence to my view that the Termites so called set up was immensely transparent. After all the only reason for leaving Bob was to wind Rick and the rest up so you would of course immediately question your reaction to this.
  • Options
    Zeppelyn56Zeppelyn56 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Deleted, wrong thread.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looked to me like he went in through his ear, I didn't think it was as high as his temple. Wasn't that how Carol taught Lizzie & Mica to finish people off? In which case, it must be easier to push a knife into the brain via the ear.

From the sound I thought he went through the eye socket.
  • Options
    AlyalAlyal Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »

Even better solution, subtitles! We always watch TV with the subtitles on, it's amazing what you can miss without them. You sometimes get a dialogue of conversations int he background which lead into the storyline.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched True detective with the subtitles on all the time.

Really brisk pace to the first 3 episodes so far, the scene in the church between Rick and Gareth (sp?) had tones of Rick and the Governor at the prison, Gareth taking Rick's position of trying to negotiate out. Rick though is hardened after what has happened but Gareth was also hardened to what they had to do to survive.
    Rick wanted to go back into Terminus and finish them off but the group would not let him. Gareth and his crew though did go and hunt our lot down to their cost.

I think the script has let Maggie down over the Beth situation, for some reason the writers have not explored this at all so far.

I thought the scene end where Gareth and co get slaughtered was telling where Beth and Glen are stood away and lookuneasy at what has happened was a telling moment, maybe they see the change in Rick and can only see a downward spiral with him. Or maybe it suggests that despite everything not everyone is of the same mind about things.To be honest though I understand why Rick is the way he is.