CS: Return of Lady Muck Windass

13»

Comments

• EvieJEvieJ Posts: 6,024
    Forum Member
    I could see that happening but I hope you're wrong. If Anna does that its basically saying Faye's actions were fine which they were not. She was lying and about 5 minutes from having sex again.

Of course it isn't - she could have spoken "to" her privately rather than humiliate and shout "at" her in such a nasty manner in front of other people.
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,855
    Forum Member
    Anna doesn't seem to realise that you can achieve far more with a teen if you don't show them up in front of their friends.

Why didn't she just ask the boyfriend to leave then have a quiet, controlled talk with Faye? because she's incapable, that's why.

And Kevin..?
    Kev must like fishwives, that's all I can say.
    If I had witnessed Windass shouting at her daughter like that I would have run for the Pennines.

I agree, Anna should have sent the boy off and then dealt with Faye. It is understandable that Anna was angry and worried, but the way she screamed at Faye and embarrassed her could end up being counter-productive. Of course thicko Anna doesn't really do thinking, so she can never see what the consequences of her actions might be.

It was interesting too, that La Windarse's rant was all about what she'd been through and couldn't face again - nothing about how it could affect Faye.
  • Mark_Washingto1Mark_Washingto1 Posts: 19,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EvieJ wrote: »
    Of course it isn't - she could have spoken "to" her privately rather than humiliate and shout "at" her in such a nasty manner in front of other people.

I doubt many people would be so calm if they found their daughter going at it with some guy like that. Its easy to sit hear and play monday morning QB but IMHO most people would react like that in Anna's situation.
  • EvieJEvieJ Posts: 6,024
    Forum Member
    I doubt many people would be so calm if they found their daughter going at it with some guy like that. Its easy to sit hear and play monday morning QB but IMHO most people would react like that in Anna's situation.

They wern't going at it, and given the reaction who could blame Faye for not telling her? Faye IS a young woman/child, and these things happen with children. Anna BEHAVED like a child, its her responsibility to be an adult and most adults I know wouldn't react like that. If Anna has failed to recognise that her daughter is growing up (given shes already had a baby!) and communicated the need for honesty - without fear of judgemental screaming and bullying from her then that is Annas failing. She should take some responsibility for the relationship instead of laying all the blame with Faye.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    She gave Sarah a right dirty look tonight again in the cafe for no reason whatsoever.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    She's a vile harridan who just shouts over others. There's no rationality.......she shouts, shouts and shouts to wear down the subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rlq_jaUTWA

I know we cheered Anna on for slapping Tina, but this is the character at her pure trash best. Pure assault, she had no right to walk in a pub and slap someone without warning.
  • Mark_Washingto1Mark_Washingto1 Posts: 19,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EvieJ wrote: »
    They wern't going at it, and given the reaction who could blame Faye for not telling her? Faye IS a young woman/child, and these things happen with children. Anna BEHAVED like a child, its her responsibility to be an adult and most adults I know wouldn't react like that. If Anna has failed to recognise that her daughter is growing up (given shes already had a baby!) and communicated the need for honesty - without fear of judgemental screaming and bullying from her then that is Annas failing. She should take some responsibility for the relationship instead of laying all the blame with Faye.

Yes kids lie and try to have sex and as a parent sometimes you need to put the fear of God into them to makes sure they don't do it again. That is what Anna was doing and I applaud her for that.
  • Donna65Donna65 Posts: 1,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the people on here saying how wrong Anna was, and she should have talked calmly to Faye on her own, are they actually parents I wonder? It's very easy to say how you should deal with the situation, if you haven't ever been in that position. If my daughter had done that, at that age, I would have been furious, mostly at the fact that she had lied to me and that's without even taking into account the previous pregnancy in Faye's case.
    It's not as if she told a lie to go and meet the boy somewhere, but had him around to the house with no one else there. It's fairly obvious what the motive was and it would be easy to imagine that the boy was only going out with Faye for one reason, given her past history. I think the reaction was totally natural and people's criticism of it is more down to their dislike of Anna as a character.
  • AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfinished
  • AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes kids lie and try to have sex and as a parent sometimes you need to put the fear of God into them to makes sure they don't do it again. That is what Anna was doing and I applaud her for that.

It never quite works out that way though in real life does it?
    All someone like Anna will achieve is to create a situation where her daughter will become more and more secretive and maybe start to believe that she is not a good person.
    Anna Windass has no idea how to parent. She hasn't even got the wit to try to act like a mature adult.
    EVERYTHING is always about Anna and her main concern is how other people will affect HER LIFE, she is devoid of real caring, understanding, empathy or remorse over her own malodorous behaviour.
    She couldn't have acted more viciously toward Faye and has not got enough wit to realise that Faye is still an impressionable and vulnerable child who probably needs an extra amount of understanding from a parental figure, not less!!!
    If Tim had witnessed that little scene I like to think he would have been protecting his daughter.
    But as it's this shitty show I already know the answer to this one.
    I only watch Corrie now to hate it myself.
  • skteoskskteosk Posts: 19,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could see that happening but I hope you're wrong. If Anna does that its basically saying Faye's actions were fine which they were not. She was lying and about 5 minutes from having sex again.

That's debatable at best, complete nonsense at worst. She was sitting on the sofa with a boy her own age fully clothed. Anna didn't even see them kiss and I didn't seem anything to suggest they were going to do anything more than that. Sorry to break it to you, but at some point in the future, hopefully not in the near future but in the future, Faye is going to have sex, and Anna screaming in her face isn't going to stop her or make her be more careful.
  • craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I’m pretty astounded that everyone expects Anna to be the perfect Mother! Is anyone a perfect parent?! Anna is human, as we all are!! Did she deal with the situation badly? YES, but she also dealt with it the way that many overemotional parents would!! The amount of times my mother has screamed at me and called me names for acting badly or irresponsibly is unreal! Does she love me less? Does it make her a bad parent? NO. There is no rule book and what works in one family won’t work in another, so Anna is doing the best she can, on her own with an impressionable and rather naive young girl!

It’s atrocious that people could even suggest that Faye be better off in care than in a loving home! Kids are resilient, it was pretty obvious last night that Faye had heeded Anna’s warning and was total over the whole thing, had she been sobbing in her bedroom for days terrified that Anna was going to beat her, I may have a different opinion!!
  • James_LanganJames_Langan Posts: 2,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    craig_25 wrote: »
    I’m pretty astounded that everyone expects Anna to be the perfect Mother! Is anyone a perfect parent?! Anna is human, as we all are!! Did she deal with the situation badly? YES, but she also dealt with it the way that many overemotional parents would!! The amount of times my mother has screamed at me and called me names for acting badly or irresponsibly is unreal! Does she love me less? Does it make her a bad parent? NO. There is no rule book and what works in one family won’t work in another, so Anna is doing the best she can, on her own with an impressionable and rather naive young girl!

It’s atrocious that people could even suggest that Faye be better off in care than in a loving home! Kids are resilient, it was pretty obvious last night that Faye had heeded Anna’s warning and was total over the whole thing, had she been sobbing in her bedroom for days terrified that Anna was going to beat her, I may have a different opinion!!

We are all human but not all humans live Anna style. Fraud and deception. Felonious assault on Phelan and slapping people in pubs. Destruction of property on a public street. Knowledge of attempted murder and arson. Abusing Faye and anyone else who doesn't do as she wishes. Serving food that comes with hair because she refuses to wear a net, thumbing her nose at health regulations. Call the roll.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Donna65 wrote: »
    All the people on here saying how wrong Anna was, and she should have talked calmly to Faye on her own, are they actually parents I wonder? It's very easy to say how you should deal with the situation, if you haven't ever been in that position. If my daughter had done that, at that age, I would have been furious, mostly at the fact that she had lied to me and that's without even taking into account the previous pregnancy in Faye's case.
    It's not as if she told a lie to go and meet the boy somewhere, but had him around to the house with no one else there. It's fairly obvious what the motive was and it would be easy to imagine that the boy was only going out with Faye for one reason, given her past history. I think the reaction was totally natural and people's criticism of it is more down to their dislike of Anna as a character.

But Anna's fishwife behaviour is why people dislike her. Be annoyed, shout, tell Faye off. That's reasonable. But OTT hysterics, screaming and screeching is not totally natural.
  • davejc64davejc64 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    ewoodie wrote: »
    But Anna's fishwife behaviour is why people dislike her. Be annoyed, shout, tell Faye off. That's reasonable. But OTT hysterics, screaming and screeching is not totally natural.

Anna is known for her OTT strange noises remember her growling and pacing up and down stamping feet when she was smashing up Phelans van. :D
  • skteoskskteosk Posts: 19,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will agree that the follow-up has made Anna a bit more likable. She overreacted but she's calmed down now and is dealing with it in a sensible manner, offering to get to know the boy instead of issuing a blanket ban on Faye seeing boys because she thinks she's incapable of dating without getting pregnant. There was no apology, possibly one wasn't needed, but they can move forward and deal with it reasonably.

Still no resolution of her attitude towards Sarah but looks like that won't be a problem, at least for the moment.
  • Chihiro77Chihiro77 Posts: 1,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    craig_25 wrote: »
    Wow. I’m pretty shocked to read that so many seem to have grown up with such perfect parents! I can’t even count the number of times my mother has freaked out and totally hairdryer’d myself or my siblings with an absolute bollocking for something that (to us) seemed no big deal! In that moment, Anna probably had a flood of bad memories and saw red mist due to nothing else other than panic.

The people saying that Faye is better off in care because Anna shouted in her face really do worry me!! As though care is a wonderfully loving and caring environment for a child?! Better off with Tim and Sally, maybe but in care??? Come on now!!

I know! Every week I was told I was grounded until I was 21, and there's no way I'd have been allowed to have a boy in the house with me. That doesn't mean I think Anna's reaction was right, but it is how some people react because they are only human (unlike all the wonderful soap fans on DS who seem to be angels of sorts).
  • davejc64davejc64 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    Chihiro77 wrote: »
    I know! Every week I was told I was grounded until I was 21, and there's no way I'd have been allowed to have a boy in the house with me. That doesn't mean I think Anna's reaction was right, but it is how some people react because they are only human (unlike all the wonderful soap fans on DS who seem to be angels of sorts).

Well compared to windbag Windass it wouldn't take much to make anyone an angel. :D