Are we the only country

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Simon has always loved rubbish he brought us mr blobby hit record ,zig and zag and I think star trecking might have been one of he's ,also robson and jerones few hit singles
  • Germany1988Germany1988 Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    No joke acts in Portugal, either. In Season 1 there was a 16 year old rapper who wasn't really good, imo, but he was serious about it so I don't count him as a joke act.

Why they axed Factor X after two season in Portugal? Ratings?
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Phone, online and app votes are and have always been free in the US.

The Voice counts iTunes purchases of the studio version of the artists' songs to count as votes. In fact, if a song makes it to the iTunes T10, those "votes" are counted 10x.

However, one is technically paying for the song, which you are free to keep, not for the vote.

I wonder if The Voice will start doing that here in the UK once it moves to ITV? It sounds like a good idea if you want to gauge how popular someone really is.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We are the only country that seems to do panto, so maybe that's why they think we enjoy the novelty acts ;-)
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    I think we should do it properly and have a novelty category along with the others. It would also give us an odd number of judges, which would mean fewer cop outs to public votes. The same person should get the novelty category every year.
  • Mafalda_AbreuMafalda_Abreu Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    Why they axed Factor X after two season in Portugal? Ratings?

Yes. Season 1 had an average of 1.5 million viewers and it actually had some good contestants. Season 2 had an average of 800k viewers and it had one incredibly obvious winner and half of the contestants weren't that good. It also had the problem of competing against The Voice and Rising Star at the same time.
  • NathanScottNathanScott Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    X Factor in Portugal was also a bit mediocre to be fair.

The Voice is a much stronger show here, the production is leagues above the mess they did to X Factor.
  • Mafalda_AbreuMafalda_Abreu Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    X Factor in Portugal was also a bit mediocre to be fair.

The Voice is a much stronger show here, the production is leagues above the mess they did to X Factor.

Yes, The Voice is much, much better! X Factor PT had weak production imho. And the acts weren't really that good, most of the part.
  • DianeDiane Posts: 1,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Americans dont vote for joke acts, they have more sense than some of our public