iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4G using FaceTime

djfrancisdjfrancis Posts: 512
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi all :)

I have an iPhone 4 on Vodafone but i have a question to ask, How can a ipod touch 4g user connect to a iphone 4 using FaceTime ?

Cheers
:)

Comments

• CoolboyACoolboyA Posts: 10,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It all goes through their Apple ID [the email you use with iTunes] for the iPod Touch.
  • djfrancisdjfrancis Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CoolboyA wrote: »
    It all goes through their Apple ID [the email you use with iTunes] for the iPod Touch.

Oh right :Dhttp://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2573695 found the apple forums :)
  • stephen122333stephen122333 Posts: 912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any one else find that using wifi to make a call (ok a video call) reminds them of the rabbit phones of the early 90's, where you had to be near a base station. Also with the ever increasing amount of free public (in london) wifi that this could dent into the amount of calls over the mobile network?
  • pocatellopocatello Posts: 8,813
    Forum Member
    Any one else find that using wifi to make a call (ok a video call) reminds them of the rabbit phones of the early 90's, where you had to be near a base station. Also with the ever increasing amount of free public (in london) wifi that this could dent into the amount of calls over the mobile network?

Eh, maybe, it depends on your network of friends, if they are loaded on apple stuff the network effect does kick in and it might be somewhat useful. But realy mostly people don't want ot think that hard about a phone call and the least resistance wins, so unless you really have a need to show someone something which is indeed a useful option, the face time will be only used for certain tasks. For ipod touch users they might use it more heavily.
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pocatello wrote: »
    Eh, maybe, it depends on your network of friends, if they are loaded on apple stuff the network effect does kick in and it might be somewhat useful. But realy mostly people don't want ot think that hard about a phone call and the least resistance wins, so unless you really have a need to show someone something which is indeed a useful option, the face time will be only used for certain tasks. For ipod touch users they might use it more heavily.

Indeed, wifi limitations aside, video calling has been around for many years on other phones, but seems very rarely used. When I first had a phone that was capable of this (a Nokia many years ago), I think only made a video call once when I first got it and was playing around with the phone. Still it could be handy to have in certain situations I suppose.