Options

non freesat hd channels

hi all, i'm dave. i just bought a freesat hd box( sagem DTR94).........and was looking for some tech advice on what i can actually get on this box ie. non freesat stuff. seems i only get a couple of hd channels! is that it? what about other channels, (sky) or even foriegn stuff in hd???

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Depending on your postcode, eg for Manchester you will have BBC1 HD, BBCHD, ITV1HD Granada, Channel 4HD and NHK WorldHD (news).
    You can record these on your Sagem for free, unlike Sky. AFAIK All the other HD channels are encrypted by Sky for their pay to view HD packages.
    Since I assume you have had a Sky or Freesat dish setup for 28.2 / 28.5E satellites which are used by Sky & Freesat, you won´t get any other european HD channels from a different satellite set.
    There are other Satellite receivers which are not generic "Freesat" or "Sky" receivers that can receive a lot of different satellite channels, but most won't have a Programming Guide (usually only "now & next")
    There are many non-freesat channels that are not encrypted - see "king of sats" or "lyngsats" websites for all the available channels from the Astra & Eurobird satellites.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    bobg144 wrote: »
    Depending on your postcode, eg for Manchester you will have BBC1 HD, BBCHD, ITV1HD Granada, Channel 4HD and NHK WorldHD (news).
    You can record these on your Sagem for free, unlike Sky. AFAIK All the other HD channels are encrypted by Sky for their pay to view HD packages.
    Since I assume you have had a Sky or Freesat dish setup for 28.2 / 28.5E satellites which are used by Sky & Freesat, you won´t get any other european HD channels from a different satellite set.
    There are other Satellite receivers which are not generic "Freesat" or "Sky" receivers that can receive a lot of different satellite channels, but most won't have a Programming Guide (usually only "now & next")
    There are many non-freesat channels that are not encrypted - see "king of sats" or "lyngsats" websites for all the available channels from the Astra & Eurobird satellites.....

Add non freesat channels as follows:
    Press "MENU"
    Scroll down to "Add non freesat channels".
    Put in the relevant signal parameters for the channels you want as listed in the websites mentioned above. As in the manual,confirm there are channels added etc.
    Press "back" button.
    Scroll to "User Services" and set a suitable pin number ("parental control number").
    Press back button.
    Scroll to "Channels"
    Select "manage channels"
    For each of the channels you DON'T want you need to input the PIN number to "hide" the unwanted channels from the channel list (this is one of the few naff operations on a Sagem as it is time consuming!!)
    To watch any non freesat channels you can only access them from the central handset "OK" button to see the channel list. On these channels there is no program information as is found for normal Freesat channels.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    hi bob, thanks for your help. i'll give this a go and see how i get on. i'm in bs7 north of bristol.