People who ordered iPods from Argos...Please read..

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking you live in NI? Or am I mistaking you for someone else?

Anyway, If delivery is being done by HDNL then they could quite possibly arrive Saturday. I have even had deliveries done by HDNL on Sundays.

But that is here in the England, could be different for you (if you are in NI).

I haven't had a phone call though so not expecting anything myself. But the ones that have had the phone call saying it will be delivered tomorrow have no reason not to expect it. Can't see why Argos would make such a gaff as to ring people specifically to say it will be delivered tomorrow if they could not fulfil it. Yes, they originally 'guaranteed' delivery for today but it was Apples fault they couldn't stick to that.

Yes But Why deliver to certain people and not others. I have been waiting patiently since 4th September for it and no sign at all not even an email :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dave81uk wrote: »
    I'll be joining you, 1st and last time

We should create a Facebook page :D
  • dave81ukdave81uk Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    matty125 wrote: »
    Yes But Why deliver to certain people and not others. I have been waiting patiently since 4th September for it and no sign at all not even an email :mad:

Yes exactly, and there damn tracking doesn't work, and if you phone them they read of a script

"Aw there has been a delay etc etc"
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It could depend on when you ordered and what you ordered. Maybe they only have so many of the size you ordered and they went on a first come first served basis.

For example, if 500 people ordered the 32GB but they only have 300 to send out at the moment, some people are going to have to wait a bit longer. Would you rather everyone just waited until they have all 500 ready to stock?

This is the chance you take when pre ordering items, especially Apple items as they never seem to make enough to meet the demand. I sometimes think Apple do it just so they can claim that they couldn't meet the pre order demand and sold out as their items are SOOO popular.

They are popular, but after a few years of doing such releases they should have sorted this out by now.

And none of that is Argos' fault. It is Apple, not meeting the demand. Argos were a bit silly to 'guarantee' delivery for today though when it was clear they would be unlikely to fulfil it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    It could depend on when you ordered and what you ordered. Maybe they only have so many of the size you ordered and they went on a first come first served basis.

For example, if 500 people ordered the 32GB but they only have 300 to send out at the moment, some people are going to have to wait a bit longer. Would you rather everyone just waited until they have all 500 ready to stock?

This is the chance you take when pre ordering items, especially Apple items as they never seem to make enough to meet the demand. I sometimes think Apple do it just so they can claim that they couldn't meet the pre order demand and sold out as their items are SOOO popular.

They are popular, but after a few years of doing such releases they should have sorted this out by now.

And none of that is Argos' fault. It is Apple, not meeting the demand. Argos were a bit silly to 'guarantee' delivery for today though when it was clear they would be unlikely to fulfil it.

I agree with this, but its just Argos in general who annoy me, a tracking system that doesn't work and staff who can't tell you anything, Chocolate teapot springs to mind, Also interesting if you go to the Argos site now and look at the 8gb to order you get "Delivery in 2 days" so they must have stock or its false advertising.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well needless to say no phone call, Really pi$$ed with Argos
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well needless to say no phone call, Really pi$$ed with Argos

I have had no phone call either ... Looks like I wont get it in time for my birthday tomorrow.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have had no phone call either ... Looks like I wont get it in time for my birthday tomorrow.:(

Its unfortunate mate, Apple have all there pre orders now sent out apparently, I will remember to go there next time, thats if there is a next time I ever pre order anything
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A family member who works in my local Argos informed me last night that they got there stock yesterday evening, they are due to go on sale either today or tomorrow she thinks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You may still be in luck mate, I got pissed off and phoned them, they said mine is out for delivery today, only a small section of preorders are not out for delivery today apparently, the entire thing was delayed 24hrs.

So here's hoping mate:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am in luck I got it delivered this morning for my birthday :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thats good mate,:) Nothing here as of yet
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else get theres? I notice Argos are now out of stock for home delivery
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Mine arrived this morning too.

Richard.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'm gonna be outta luck, I phoned the Home delivery network who can search by postcode they said nothing came up for delivery today but Argos say Yes its out for delivery today, so don't know who to believe.
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got mine today.

Looking forward to playing with it but got stuff to do round the house first so it will have to wait. :(
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,524
    Forum Member
    Happy birthday!

Mine arrived too, today. One day delay and they kept me informed so Argos = not bad :)
    I think I'm gonna be outta luck, I phoned the Home delivery network who can search by postcode they said nothing came up for delivery today but Argos say Yes its out for delivery today, so don't know who to believe.

Mine arrived by white van the name on which I didn't recognise - not an Argos or Home Delivery Network van. So don't give up yet! He shoved it through the letter box! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So thats all delivered now bar myself :( If this doesn't come today I am refusing delivery if and when it does come
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    Happy birthday!

Mine arrived too, today. One day delay and they kept me informed so Argos = not bad :)

Mine arrived by white van the name on which I didn't recognise - not an Argos or Home Delivery Network van. So don't give up yet!

Well Argos say up until 6pm tonight, so here's hoping
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well damn all came as predicted. Just gonna wait to 6 to give off, Its the fact I was told twice that IT WILL COME TODAY that has pi$$ed me off, a day wasted hanging about the house:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well this has all went very well I must say, after yesterdays messing about waiting all day on it to come I wrote them a rather strongly worded email, a manager phoned back this morning to inform me that it never actually left the warehouse, they were all apologetic and told me I will get it tomorrow, Well how this is going to work I don't know if its still at there warehouse now meaning it won't actually be sent out until tomorrow but yet I am expected to receive it tomorrow, I suspect I will be on the phone tomorrow evening giving off again, I would go to an Apple store and forget about Argos but my nearest one is some 50 mile away
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    Well this has all went very well I must say, after yesterdays messing about waiting all day on it to come I wrote them a rather strongly worded email, a manager phoned back this morning to inform me that it never actually left the warehouse, they were all apologetic and told me I will get it tomorrow, Well how this is going to work I don't know if its still at there warehouse now meaning it won't actually be sent out until tomorrow but yet I am expected to receive it tomorrow, I suspect I will be on the phone tomorrow evening giving off again, I would go to an Apple store and forget about Argos but my nearest one is some 50 mile away

Can you not go to a local apple reseller? I went into the one near me yesterday and they had stock. They are also reduced slightly if you order them online (www.krcs.co.uk) although they only have the 64gb in stock online this morning.

There are plenty of other places than an actual apple store.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you not go to a local apple reseller? I went into the one near me yesterday and they had stock. They are also reduced slightly if you order them online (www.krcs.co.uk) although they only have the 64gb in stock online this morning.

There are plenty of other places than an actual apple store.

To be honest I am seriously thinking about just getting my money back and forgetting about it, the novelty has started wear off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I did ordered 64gb, got phone call on thursday-you will no get it on friday, on friday got a message - you will get it on saturday but I did not get in on saturday, called to argos, they told me at first " Oo, I have not any information about it" then suddenly "Oo something came up, the driver was attemtping to reach you on FRIDAY but you were not home so next attempt will be on monday 13th" and she even game me a fake hdnl tracking number !!!! I could not cancel my order cos the ipod IS with the courier from FRIDAY. Will never ever pre order from argos again
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    To be honest I am seriously thinking about just getting my money back and forgetting about it, the novelty has started wear off.

Which one did you order 64 gb?