Options

Talksport Chat (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    Top 3 Talksport Bruisers

1. Collymore(a violent past).

2. Gough(he looks well built and could handle himself).

3. Galloway(has a temper and apparently had a scuffle with a Tory MP once when he was still in Parliament. Plus a former child boxer).
  • Options
    Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stripedcat wrote: »
    Top 3 Talksport Bruisers

1. Collymore(a violent past).

2. Gough(he looks well built and could handle himself).

3. Galloway(has a temper and apparently had a scuffle with a Tory MP once when he was still in Parliament. Plus a former child boxer).

I wanted to put George in my top 3 and only omitted him through him being 56, I just though he might possibly struggle in the later rounds if it went the distance. :D

Even still we agree on 2 out of the 3.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flippin hell Ronnie made me laugh at 9.10, the tiring touring twosome were discussing last night's Manchester City v Everton match and the sending offs of Everton's Victor Anichebe and City's Kolo Toure so near to Christmas.

Brazil made some comment about it and Irani said, "Have you ever been red carded to get Christmas off Al?" Brazil says, "er, no I never got sent off in my entire career" ... "I'm not talking about when you were playing I'm on about the RADIO" Irani comes back with. :D

Come on that's' not bad for Ron.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard the first 35 mins of the breakfast show this morning & whilst The Moose was reading out his bulletin, he tried engage Alan & Ronnie & was met with complete & stony silence.

At the end of his bulletin, he signed off expecting to hear a comeback from Alan & Ronnie & Al promptly blanked him & went straight to Fay for the news.:eek:

Have these guys had a major falling out, because it sure seemed that way to me?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think these 2 are a bad pairing.

Both of them are shouty, aggressive & have anger management issues.

Whenever I listen to them, it always ends up with the 2 of them shouting over each other, trying to force their opinions on each other & the listeners.

You can't have a pairing of bad cop/bad cop, which they are.

Either one of them needs to be paired with a more rational & sedate presenter, ie, Alvin Martin.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard the first 35 mins of the breakfast show this morning & whilst The Moose was reading out his bulletin, he tried engage Alan & Ronnie & was met with complete & stony silence.

At then end of his bulletin, he signed off expecting to hear a comeback from Alan & Ronnie & Al promptly blanked him & went straight to Fay for the news.:eek:

Only heard bits of today's breakfast show so couldn't say myself but I did note yesterday as Moose was about to start one of his sports updates Brazil interrupted like he does with certain insults and Abrahams was very annoyed about it saying, "you couldn't be more detrimental to me if you tried" and then read out his script not very happy, don't know if that's got anything to do with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Whenever I listen to them, it always ends up with the 2 of them shouting over each other, trying to force their opinions on each other & the listeners.

Either one of them needs to be paired with a more rational & sedate presenter, ie, Alvin Martin.

Whenever I hear these two I can sense ill feeling between them, it's not fake animosity like you get with Parry and Graham it's real hostility. Sometimes I think they wait for the ideal time to interrupt each other to gain the maximum effect, have you noticed how many times they do this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Billy244 wrote: »
    Whenever I hear these two I can sense ill feeling between them, it's not fake animosity like you get with Parry and Graham it's real hostility. Sometimes I think they wait for the ideal time to interrupt each other to gain the maximum effect, have you noticed how many times they do this.

I have noticed that.

I do actually like them individually, as neither are fence sitters & will tell it how it is, but together, they are almost unbearable.
  • Options
    James30James30 Posts: 5,201
    Forum Member
    EDBeta wrote: »
    Yep, no Christine or Nigel. I turned over to R3 at 1.50am - too much bloody sport talk.

The conversations have been nice and long, but the subjects have been boring (sick of hearing about the snow on here and on 5Live on the phone-ins) and the 10pm - 6am shows should be sport-free.

I think he's friendly rather than loud (Collymore, Parry, Durham, Quinn and others I would define as loud but in an ignorant or sensationalist manner) but this means the show is dull and has lacked bite and I am bored, but I don't hate the presenter. Better than Forde (who isn't?) but I think he is suited to motoring broadcasting more than this like he has done in the past.

We need this slot sorting out quickly before Forde comes back.

I don't think we'll ever get Mike Graham back but I think Mendoza has retired so he won't be coming back, I thought Mendoza had some interesting "expert" slots on his show and I enjoyed his show generally.

C'mon Dee, ring James H Reeve up and give the station some quality in the night hours.

No chance of Martin Kelner coming back as he's having a wonderful time doing Breakfast at BBC Radio Leeds.

Has Duncan Barkes left the station, he hasn't been on for ages?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have noticed that.

I do actually like them individually, as neither are fence sitters & will tell it how it is, but together, they are almost unbearable.

Have to say I don't like either, Stanl0y's too loud, brash and opinionated for me and Saggers just annoys the hell of of me especially when he's sat alongside 'The Mouthy Quinn'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's my latest idea of a good schedule, it's not perfect and I know people will pick faults that's fine I encourage that but I'll tell you now I'd be very happy with this weekday schedule.

01.00am - 06.00am - Through The Night with Duncan Barkes. (what can you say about this presenter only that he is now extremely good)

06.00am - 09.00am - The Breakfast Show with Danny Kelly & Alvin Martin. (only someone so blind as Moz Dee could not want Kelly given the breakfast slot and Alvin Martin is just excellent)

09.00am - 12.00pm - Mid Morning Matters with George Galloway. (one of the best orators around and would present a fascinating morning show)

12.00pm - 2.00pm - Afternoon Delight with Tommy Boyd. (great presenter, would bring back a lot of the lost female listeners)

2.00pm - 4.00pm - The Hawksbee & Jacobs Show. (ever popular duo with massive cult following)

4.00pm - 7.00pm - Drivetime with Ian Danter & Jason Cundy. (Danter's excellent and Cundy's good away from Goldstein)

7.00pm - 10.00pm - The Football Show with Adrian Durham & Alan Brazil. (watch the fireworks)

10.00pm - 01.00am - The Late Show with James H Reeve. (extremely funny, controversial, educated and one of the best out there for a late night radio show, I'm amazed this guy was not brought in years ago on a permanent basis, Collins would not be worthy of being in the same studio as James).

[highlight]Any thoughts anyone?, how about some of you read-only guys?, come on dip your feet in the water and join in, you never know you might get to like it and have fun.[/highlight] :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    Jason Cundy.........:(

Anyone but him, please!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    4-4-2 wrote: »
    I've got hold of talkSPORT's Christmas schedule........

Christmas Day
    01:00 Matt Forde
    06:00 Fisherman’s Blues with Keith Arthur
    08:00 The Christmas Day Sports Breakfast with Mark Saggers & Micky Quinn
    12:00 Neil Warnock
    14:00 Evolution of Football Special
    16:00 The Best of Hawksbee & Jacobs 2010
    18:00 Goals, Gaffes and Vuvuezelas: 2010 World Cup Review
    21:00 The Russell Brand Show
    22:00-01:00 George Galloway

Awful. Just awful.

Oh, and with Goldstein doing the Radio 2 show I presume he won't be doing the Sports Bra?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member

Saggers' behaviour since joining Talksport sheds an interesting light on why he left the BBC and his supposed spat with Alan Green.

Now I can well imagine that Green is no saint either, but I could understand him having an argument with Saggers if the latter engaged in the repetitive shouting off air that he now does on air ("A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD!!!")
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James30 wrote: »
    No chance of Martin Kelner coming back as he's having a wonderful time doing Breakfast at BBC Radio Leeds.

Has Duncan Barkes left the station, he hasn't been on for ages?

According to the Radio Times, Duncan will be back on Friday the 31st of December for the 1.00am - 6.00am show (though listed as part of the Thursday the 30th schedule as is the custom).

Hope this is good news for you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's my latest idea of a good schedule, it's not perfect and I know people will pick faults that's fine I encourage that but I'll tell you now I'd be very happy with this weekday schedule.

01.00am - 06.00am - Through The Night with Duncan Barkes. (what can you say about this presenter only that he is now extremely good)

06.00am - 09.00am - The Breakfast Show with Danny Kelly & Alvin Martin. (only someone so blind as Moz Dee could not want Kelly given the breakfast slot and Alvin Martin is just excellent)

09.00am - 12.00pm - Mid Morning Matters with George Galloway. (one of the best orators around and would present a fascinating morning show)

12.00pm - 2.00pm - Afternoon Delight with Tommy Boyd. (great presenter, would bring back a lot of the lost female listeners)

2.00pm - 4.00pm - The Hawksbee & Jacobs Show. (ever popular duo with massive cult following)

4.00pm - 7.00pm - Drivetime with Ian Danter & Jason Cundy. (Danter's excellent and Cundy's good away from Goldstein)

7.00pm - 10.00pm - The Football Show with Adrian Durham & Alan Brazil. (watch the fireworks)

10.00pm - 01.00am - The Late Show with James H Reeve. (extremely funny, controversial, educated and one of the best out there for a late night radio show, I'm amazed this guy was not brought in years ago on a permanent basis, Collins would not be worthy of being in the same studio as James).

[highlight]Any thoughts anyone?, how about some of you read-only guys?, come on dip your feet in the water and join in, you never know you might get to like it and have fun.[/highlight] :D

I'd tune in for Barkes, Kelly (on listen again to pick the highlights), Galloway (if only he let people have an argument with him and stop calling his sycophants "legends"), Boyd (loved him in the afternoon on TRUK and on overnight stand-in but not the wrestling), H&J show up the other village idiots on the station but I wouldn't be a listener, I'd avoid the hideous Cundy, I'd avoid the 7pm slot as I don't like either of them, now with the 10pm slot, you really are spoiling us Mr. Ambassador! In fact I'd increase his hours!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saggers' behaviour since joining Talksport sheds an interesting light on why he left the BBC and his supposed spat with Alan Green.

Now I can well imagine that Green is no saint either, but I could understand him having an argument with Saggers if the latter engaged in the repetitive shouting off air that he now does on air ("A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD!!!")

To think I thought he was a good broadcaster on Sky News and 5Live, now look at him!

The only thing I can say about him in a positive manner these days is when he tries to reel in the odious Collymore.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Anyone but him, please!

Ahhh I've lured one out of the dark murky shadows welcome along Mr Slam Dunk Da Fu, interesting name sir if I may be so bold any relation to a certain Miss Slam Dunk Du Fa I happen to know from the tiny hamlet of Glegbottom just a few short miles away from me here?.
  • Options
    ramageramage Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

At the end of his bulletin, he signed off expecting to hear a comeback from Alan & Ronnie & Al promptly blanked him & went straight to Fay for the news.:eek:

I sometimes feel sorry for the Moose (i know he can be a prat at times) but i do think Brazil & Irani bully him especially when they are together & seeing as they have both been on a jolly with each other for the past two weeks, i should imagine Moose is prime for picking on. If i am wrong about this & it is all done as a wind up for radio then fair play to them as they certainly had me fooled.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Anyone but him, please!

I was a big critic of Cundy Slam but I think he's been much better away from Goldstein.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ramage wrote: »
    I sometimes feel sorry for the Moose (i know he can be a prat at times) but i do think Brazil & Irani bully him especially when they are together & seeing as they have both been on a jolly with each other for the past two weeks, i should imagine Moose is prime for picking on. If i am wrong about this & it is all done as a wind up for radio then fair play to them as they certainly had me fooled.

I don't think it's any wind-up, when you get two characters together like with Brazil and his sidekick Irani they will always look to intimidate people they think they can get away with it with. Moose is a sitting target for them, I don't like Abrahams but I don't think it's right what they do and I long for the day Abrahams finds some b@lls and thinks to himself bugger this I'm not taking any more from these two t-wats even if it costs my job, and then gives them some right verbals back for once.
  • Options
    ramageramage Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's any wind-up, when you get two characters together like with Brazil and his sidekick Irani they will always look to intimidate people they think they can get away with it with. Moose is a sitting target for them, I don't like Abrahams but I don't think it's right what they do and I long for the day Abrahams finds some b@lls and thinks to himself bugger this I'm not taking any more from these two t-wats even if it costs my job, and then gives them some right verbals back for once.

If he ever does i hope i'm listening.
    On this mornings Breakfast they had Dominic Cork on & it was a pleasure hearing him discuss the cricket, he had completely different views than Ronnie. When you hear somebody talk as sensible as Dominic did you realise there is a place for ex cricketers on the station. It's just a pity we got the wrong ones.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ramage wrote: »
    If he ever does i hope i'm listening.
    On this mornings Breakfast they had Dominic Cork on & it was a pleasure hearing him discuss the cricket, he had completely different views than Ronnie. When you hear somebody talk as sensible as Dominic did you realise there is a place for ex cricketers on the station. It's just a pity we got the wrong ones.

Cricket is not my thing Ram but I agree Dominic Cork really was a nice change today and it's a travesty that we are forced to listen to Irani every damn morning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    01.00am - 06.00am - Through The Night with Duncan Barkes.
    06.00am - 09.00am - The Breakfast Show with Danny Kelly & Alvin Martin.
    09.00am - 12.00pm - Mid Morning Matters with George Galloway.
    12.00pm - 2.00pm - Afternoon Delight with Tommy Boyd.
    2.00pm - 4.00pm - The Hawksbee & Jacobs Show.
    4.00pm - 7.00pm - Drivetime with Mark Saggers & Ian Danter.
    7.00pm - 10.00pm - The Football Show with Adrian Durham & Alan Brazil.
    10.00pm - 01.00am - The Late Show with James H Reeve.

I've slightly tinkered with my listing, not by much but I have given Mark Saggers the benefit of my doubts about him. Some might say you can't mix two pro broadcasters together like I have for the 4pm - 7pm show and one should be an ex player but in which rule book is that written in?. I was struggling to find another decent ex player currently at the station so it's Saggers and Danter.

It's still far from perfect but you have to remember I have eradicated the deadwood totally from the weekday schedule with no Irani, Quinn, Forde, Gough, Collymore, Parry, Cundy and Collins ALL GONE and replaced with better people. :cool:
  • Options
    jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    01.00am - 06.00am - Through The Night with Duncan Barkes.
    06.00am - 09.00am - The Breakfast Show with Danny Kelly & Alvin Martin.
    09.00am - 12.00pm - Mid Morning Matters with George Galloway.
    12.00pm - 2.00pm - Afternoon Delight with Tommy Boyd.
    2.00pm - 4.00pm - The Hawksbee & Jacobs Show.
    4.00pm - 7.00pm - Drivetime with Mark Saggers & Ian Danter.
    7.00pm - 10.00pm - The Football Show with Adrian Durham & Alan Brazil.
    10.00pm - 01.00am - The Late Show with James H Reeve.

I've slightly tinkered with my listing, not by much but I have given Mark Saggers the benefit of my doubts about him. Some might say you can't mix two pro broadcasters together like I have for the 4pm - 7pm show and one should be an ex player but in which rule book is that written in?. I was struggling to find another decent ex player currently at the station so it's Saggers and Danter.

It's still far from perfect but you have to remember I have eradicated the deadwood totally from the weekday schedule with no Irani, Quinn, Forde, Gough, Collymore, Parry, Cundy and Collins ALL GONE and replaced with better people. :cool:

Im not picking but you have omitted Mike Graham, I think Graham is worthy of a solo slot at the very least.

I can not comment on James H Reeve I'v never heard him or heard of him to be honest...but I am a lot younger than some on here:D
This discussion has been closed.